What's new

Breaking: UAE Oil Tanker attacked in Gulf of Oman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two oil tankers were hit in a suspected attack in the Gulf of Oman early on Thursday, causing oil prices to surge and raising the already heightened tensions in the Middle East.

The tankers were struck in the same area where the US accused Iran of using naval mines to sabotage four other oil ships in an attack last month.

One of the ships, the Norwegian-owned Front Altair, was "suspected of being hit by a torpedo”, according to Taiwan’s state-owned petrol company. The ship was on fire, its owners said.

The second tanker, Kokuka Courageous, was damaged in a "suspected attack" that breached the hull above the water line while on passage from Saudi Arabia to Singapore, according to Bernhard Schulte Ship management.

The company said the ship was safely afloat.

Oil prices jumped by 4 per cent in response to reports of the attack.

The US Navy said it was helping to evacuate the two damaged tankers and the shipping companies said the crews of both ships were safe.

A US Navy spokesman said: "We are aware of the reported attack on shipping vessels in the Gulf of Oman. US Naval Forces in the region received two separate distress calls at 6:12 a.m. local (Bahrain) time and a second one at 7:00 a.m. U.S. Navy ships are in the area and are rendering assistance."

The UK Maritime Trade Operations (UKTMO), a unit of the Royal Navy, said it was aware of an incident in the area but gave no further details. “UK and its partners are currently investigating,” UKTMO said.

The alleged attack happened outside the Strait of Hormuz, the strategic waterway between Iran and Oman through which around 20 per cent of all the world’s oil is transported.

Neither the shipping companies nor the US Navy made any immediate accusations but early suspicions will fall on Iran.

The US has accused accused Iran of sabotaging two oil tankers and two smaller ships near the Emirati port of Fujairah using naval mines on May 12. Iran denied responsibility for the attack.

The latest incident comes amid weeks of heightened tensions between the US and Iran.

Read full article here....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/06/13/oil-tankers-hit-fresh-attack-gulf-oman/

TELEMMGLPICT000200607590_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqNJjoeBT78QIaYdkJdEY4CnGTJFJS74MYhNY6w3GNbO8.jpeg

I told you folks this people are much worse then ISIS ever was and it's time for people to realize this. Razing Yemeni cities like Sana to the ground is the only way forward and war with Iran. They only understand hostility and punishments. Some were calling me irrational and genocidal but hey I just know whats up

About fucking time.

These incompetent Arabs and their American/Israeli masters thought they could sanction an entire a country into oblivion without feeling the consequences themselves. If Iran can't export its oil, no country should.

This is only the start of a new reality in the Persian Gulf

Long live the IRGC .

If the vessel is still afloat its unlikely that its a torpedo
Read the article--one of the tankers has sunk

I think it was Ghadir submarine with torpedo

First we have attacks on tankers in May, then this advanced cruise missile strike on Saudi Arabia and now torpedo hits two oil tankers just as Japan's Abe came to talk with Iran

It time to teach that stupid inexperienced businessman (Trump) a lesson

Read the article--one of the tankers has sunk

I think it was Ghadir submarine with torpedo

First we have attacks on tankers in May, then this missile strike on Saudi Arabia and now torpedo hits two oil tankers just as Japan's Abe came to talk with Iran

It time to teach that stupid inexperienced businessman (Trump) a lesson

It's really good that this happened to be honest so people realize finally what they are dealing with. This raises awareness and a much needed awareness

I told you folks this people are much worse then ISIS ever was and it's time for people to realize this. Razing Yemeni cities like Sana to the ground is the only way forward and war with Iran. They only understand hostility and punishments. Some were calling me irrational and genocidal but hey I just know whats up
Where exactly isis ideology originated from?

It's really good that this happened to be honest so people realize finally what they are dealing with. This raises awareness and a much needed awareness

Indeed. Time for those who thought they could sanction an entire country into oblivion without feeling the consequences themselves to be taught a lesson.

Iran is fully mobilized now. Let's see if these incompetent Arabs and their American masters put their money where their mouth is.

If Iran can't export its oil, no country can. This is only the beginning of a new Iranian campaign and reality.

Where exactly isis ideology originated from?

The Mullah regime is extremist and not to be reasoned with but only out-come is to kill on-sight imo. That is the conclusion I have reached before this people even knew about the Mullah regimes evils. I was ahead of my time and well-informed

Nuclear Agreement with Iran was achieved after years of complex and stressful negotiations....Silly Trump destroyed that agreement and now it is time for him to reap the consequences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom