What's new

Breaking, Turkey shot down Russian drone

Apart from you trying to show your baseless claims as truth. (You may have the title, but i know you from back and you have little military knowledge.)

It might be downed with a missile, missile doesn't need to explode on top if. It might explode somewhere near and blast effect sends the drone down.

Here goes your assumptions into trash bin.

Not at all. Your personal attack aside, generally air to air missiles use two types of warheads, fragmentation or continuous rod and the target is going to get sprayed with fragments from these warhead. There is no evidence of any such fragmentation in those pictures.

Not at all. Your personal attack aside, generally air to air missiles use two types of warheads, fragmentation or continuous rod and the target is going to get sprayed with fragments from these warhead. There is no evidence of any such fragmentation in those pictures.
Have you seen any wreckage shot by AIM-120 ?

This is what happens when a target is downed by A2A missile (Courtesy of PDF): Pakistan Downed Indian (made in israel) drone over lahore

Aircraft gets shot by HE fragmented missile crashes down from high above on top of it, it's fuel causes fire....

And some other drones that get down in the world.

Saudi drone downed by yemenis.
%D8%B3%D8%B1%D9%86%DA%AF%D9%88%D9%86%DB%8C%20%DB%8C%DA%A9%20%D9%BE%D9%87%D9%BE%D8%A7%D8%AF%20%D9%85%D8%AA%D8%AC%D8%A7%D9%88%D8%B2%20%D8%B1%DA%98%DB%8C%D9%85%20%D8%B3%D8%B9%D9%88%D8%AF%DB%8C%20%D8%AF%D8%B1%20%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%86%20%D8%B5%D8%B9%D8%AF%D9%87%20%DB%8C%D9%85%D9%86-shia%20muslim.jpg

Yasir drone shot syria.
Yasir-downed.png

Also observe that drone is missing some parts in it's wing and tail.
G55Y46.jpg

It fragmentation might hit it at those parts but due to small nature of the aircraft not that much fragmentation hit it.

That's what I think too. There is no damage to the fuselage only the wings have been damaged as it has crashed in a wooded area, so it must have clipped some trees. Such a small plastiky drone taking a hit from any AAA or cannon or missile would be shredded. And in all probability the crash is an old one. They just found the the wreckage and declared it as a "downing".

It is extremely difficult if not verging on impossibility to shoot down such a small and slow moving target with a jet fighter. It just does not fit the bill.

If you don't have any knowledge on military matters, at least please pretend to be a think tank you are.

It may be impossible for your air force but I'd doubt that either.

Fighter pilots are trained to drop smart munitions or freefall bombs into 1m square area from thousands of feets above, firing upon a target like that isn't impossible at all. There are no flame/black signs that may relate to a blast fragmentation. It obviously was shot with the cannon of an F-16. Bear in mind that, currently employed target drones for SAM/Air-to-air trainings do have similar scales if not smaller.

Aircraft gets shot by HE fragmented missile crashes down from high above on top of it, it's fuel causes fire....

And some other drones that get down in the world.

Saudi drone downed by yemenis.
%D8%B3%D8%B1%D9%86%DA%AF%D9%88%D9%86%DB%8C%20%DB%8C%DA%A9%20%D9%BE%D9%87%D9%BE%D8%A7%D8%AF%20%D9%85%D8%AA%D8%AC%D8%A7%D9%88%D8%B2%20%D8%B1%DA%98%DB%8C%D9%85%20%D8%B3%D8%B9%D9%88%D8%AF%DB%8C%20%D8%AF%D8%B1%20%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%86%20%D8%B5%D8%B9%D8%AF%D9%87%20%DB%8C%D9%85%D9%86-shia%20muslim.jpg

Yasir drone shot syria.
Yasir-downed.png

Also observe that drone is missing some parts in it's wing and tail.
G55Y46.jpg

It fragmentation might hit it at those parts but due to small nature of the aircraft not that much fragmentation hit it.

Yemenis and Syrian cannibals do not have A2A missiles or fighter jets.

What are you talking about?

If you don't have any knowledge on military matters, at least please pretend to be a think tank you are.

It may be impossible for your air force but I'd doubt that either.

Fighter pilots are trained to drop smart munitions or freefall bombs into 1m square area from thousands of feets above, firing upon a target like that isn't impossible at all. There are no flame/black signs that may relate to a blast fragmentation. It obviously was shot with the cannon of an F-16. Bear in mind that, currently employed target drones for SAM/Air-to-air trainings do have similar scales if not smaller.

Ad hominem will not save you here. I said the truth.

The cannon of a F-16 fires shells which are fused and have incendiary/HE charge. Which means such a shell would explode near or at a target since it is using a fuse. There is no sign of any explosion near this toy.

And the aerial targets are different than "dropping freefall bombs into a 1 m square area". What a nonsense.

Anyways, you guys do not want to learn anything. Just pumping your useless nationalism here. The toy was not shot down. Let alone by a jet fighter. It had just crashed by itself weeks or months ago and some body found it (a Kurd?) and informed Turkish military.

The cannon of a F-16 fires shells which are fused and have incendiary/HE charge. Which means such a shell would explode near or at a target since it is using a fuse. There is no sign of any explosion near this toy.

And the aerial targets are different than "dropping freefall bombs into a 1 m square area". What a nonsense.

Anyways, you guys do not want to learn anything. Just pumping your useless nationalism here. The toy was not shot down. Let alone by a jet fighter. It had just crashed by itself weeks or months ago and some body found it (a Kurd?) and informed Turkish military.

Dude, When you say "It is not downed by shells" with looking to an image in order to find a smoke signal of explosion, makes you a realistic think-tank but When Others told other scenarios to prove as "It is downed by a shell", Why they are accused with pumping nationalism ? You also know that It is not something like officially high level introducing a useless amateurish made cartoon with blurred canopy to believe as a stealth fighter jet mock-up to talk during years for delusion. The examples can be enlarged pages by pages so I don't suggest any members from your side to talk about pumping useless nationalism cards against Turks at any discussion in Turkey section...

Last edited:
Dude, When you say "It is not downed by shells" with looking to an image in order to find a smoke signal of explosion, makes you a realistic think-tank but When Others says other scenarioes to prove It is downed by a shell, Why they are accused with pomping nationalism ? It is not something like introducing a useless amateur cartoon with blurred canopy to believe as a stealth fighter jet to talk during years for delusion. The examples can be enlarged during pages so I don't want any members from your side to talk about pumping useless nationalism cards against Turks at a discussion in Turkey section...

You can go on and mumble. F-16 canon shells carry incendiary charge and are generally fused. They explode upon impact or near a target leaving their mark on the target. A2A missiles will char and shred a target. Specially a UAV. The pictures CLEARLY show that this UAV was not involved in any A2A hit whether by missile or by cannon fire. The only other scenorio left in an A2A engagement is if your pilot came of out his American made canopy and used a swatter to down the UAV. Hilarious.

As for nationalism and members from our side, well it was not us who started it. It was you guys who were always trolling in Iran section. But here, I am just saying the truth. You claim that this drone was shot down by F-16. I say, how so? With a swatter?

Big talk, no action. This is what it comes to. Go and shoot some Russian jets and see what happens.

You can go on and mumble. F-16 canon shells carry incendiary charge and are generally fused. They explode upon impact or near a target leaving their mark on the target. A2A missiles will char and shred a target. Specially a UAV. The pictures CLEARLY show that this UAV was not involved in any A2A hit whether by missile or by cannon fire. The only other scenorio left in an A2A engagement is if your pilot came of out his American made canopy and used a swatter to down the UAV. Hilarious.

As for nationalism and members from our side, well it was not us who started it. It was you guys who were always trolling in Iran section. But here, I am just saying the truth. You claim that this drone was shot down by F-16. I say, how so? With a swatter?

Big talk, no action. This is what it comes to. Go and shoot some Russian jets and see what happens.

Dude, I just underlined How a "pumping useless nationalism" done with giving just a simple example from your home. If you want, I can enlarge the list during pages so I need to remind your place When It comes to "pumping useless nationalism" issue in defence pages. If you are the man of your word as a realistic think-tanker, You can start making serious criticizm to your own shames that World laughs, Otherwise, Your assesments don't make any single sense in Turkey's defence pages. That is my own percpective about "pumping useless nationalism" issue. Otherwise, You can discuss the issues However you want regarding Turkey. You can also believe It is not downed by a Turkish F-16. I just respect but Keep such nationalism cards out of your memory While You are carrying Iranian flag on your avatar...

You guys are so hard headed, Turkey is a US puppet state that has no military capabilities. Their pilots are a joke and can not shoot anything, all they do is sit at the u.s base in adana and drink tea while the U.S pilots fly Turkish planes. Turkey wants to improve its military capabilities and become more independent in the future which is why it is developing a twin engine fighter, this way at least a Turkish pilot can be in the plane with an American. They are also buying F-35 so Americans can fly it.

ErDOGan is trying to build a Sultanate and establish the Ottoman Empire again this time called the Erdogan empire. This is bad because it conflicts with Iranian interests. Turkey should buy weapons from Iran and Russia because they never have any bad intentions. Turks can't even make a screw.

It's this simple.....

(Sarcasm)

Turkey also famous for its developed Electronic Warfare units.. It is obvious that they downed it, but they prefer to keep it secret for some reason.. They also need it to check, so they also dont want to destroy it completely..
Impressive KORAL Land Based Radar Electronic Warfare System on aselsan booth at IDEF 2015 07051509 | IDEF 2015 Show Daily News Coverage Report | Defence security military exhibition 2015
Electronic Warfare Systems | Capabilities | ASELSAN

another one was down in Syria.. Russian made..

Dude you have no basic knowledge on anything you're talking about here right now, but rather "imagination". One thing I like here is the ignore button.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom