What's new

BREAKING: Tsai Ing-wen re-elected as president of Taiwan (Democracy wins again, Xi in shambles)

And you love to see that, don't you?
Fool.

Absolutely fantastic result. Good has defeated evil. It is a humiliating result for the despotic regime in Beijing.

Taiwan has Democracy, rule of law, independent judiciary, right to a lawyer, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom to protest, freedom of religion, human rights.

Congratulations to the Taiwanese people and the Taiwanese nation.
"Good has defeated evil"..?

prove that the Chinese leaderships are evil, please.

Xi did everything to make sure Tsai wins. It gives the mainland the excuse to reunify by means of war and implement one country one system. The Hong Kong experiment, though well intended, gave too much room to CIA infiltration.

Congratulation to Xi and to the Chinese people. Reunification is just around the corner.
I think that if her opponent from KMT who is more friendly towards China won then you would still have rephrased it in a different way to say: " Xi did everything to make sure she lost and she did". Lol

Anyway, I don't see anything good in this for China. Just means vast majority of Taiwanese are still wary of the mainland/CCP and would rather keep their current independence/way of life.

刚才跟台湾人在youtube聊,做了几个截图,有没有感觉台湾人的脑袋被洗成浆糊了?

View attachment 599503 View attachment 599504 View attachment 599505 View attachment 599506View attachment 599509

人身攻击意义何在?别开口闭口就‘武统’又谩骂别人体制恶心,这岂不是在犯你所瞧不起的民主自由的弊端吗?

网络就是这样,我刷微博精选评论还比这nc。言论自由的确有瑕疵,但森林大什么鸟都有,无可厚非。

In my humble opinion, Singapore has got a great balance in politics so far. Public agenda is set by elected members of parliament in the parliament, not by the media which unelected editors have a great sway of over public opinion.

Last edited:
Anyway, I don't see anything good in this for China. Just means vast majority of Taiwanese are still wary of the mainland/CCP and would rather keep their current independence/way of life.

I agree. This is bad. How to solve the problem? Simple. Increase military spending, increase economic pressure on Taiwan and reaffirm the will to use force to prevent independence.

What did you think the response was going to be? did you think it was going to be "seems like they don't like us, we're going to decrease military spending and reconsider the use of force."

人身攻击意义何在?别开口闭口就‘武统’又谩骂别人体制恶心,这岂不是在犯你所瞧不起的民主自由的弊端吗?

网络就是这样,我刷微博精选评论还比这nc。言论自由的确有瑕疵,但森林大什么鸟都有,无可厚非。

In my humble opinion, Singapore has got a great balance in politics so far. Public agenda is set by elected members of parliament in the parliament, not by the media which unelected editors have a great sway of over public opinion.

说恶心还真不是骂,是真的觉得恶心。看来你不怎么关心台湾的新闻。我关注台湾政治好几年了,体会到了人性的丑恶会到何种地步。那个台湾人抨击大陆的事,没有一个是真实的,都是谣言,台湾的政客不傻,他们明知是谣言,但还是利用这些假的东西忽悠台湾人。而台湾人辨别是非的能力之低下让人触目惊心。铜锣湾书店老板和王立强案有空可以查查,两者有交叉,真的是假的不能再假的东西。台湾的社会氛围非常的不正常,妖气太重,做出什么可笑的事我都不会觉得奇怪。新加坡比台湾社会正常,因为新加坡没有向台湾那样全盘模仿西方的制度。

You may not believe this. Taiwanese are more brainwashed than mainland Chinese, even as they said they live in a free and democratic society. They worship west and very naive. When I talk to Taiwan people on net, I always feel IQ superior
You do realize that utility of IQ as a measure of success or intelligence is at best limited. Its real purpose is to find moderate to acute mental retardation.

看来你不怎么关心台湾的新闻。

Lol you can't be sure about that. Taiwanese shows are broadcast in Singapore, and I'm exposed to more Taiwanese shows than Singaporean shows since I was kid as my family watches them. Even the Prime Minister watches them sometimes I guess.

我关注台湾政治好几年了,体会到了人性的丑恶会到何种地步。

That's just human nature. Even in big companies people play dirty to rise to the top and capture power, much less running a country, whether the country is democratic or undemocratic. You mean to tell me in the mainland the system is all meritocratic and is cleaner than Taiwan, just because the media doesn't wash the dirty laundry in public?

In the mainland if you lose the power struggle and if you're lucky you get a forced retirement. If you unlucky you can be jailed or even put to death, if there's a conflict in interest and you have no political backing. You say Taiwan's politics are dirty because of fake news and because they fight in parliament? Really? What is 王世坚 in comparison?

I can tell you Taiwan's politics and voters (as well as internet) is much more toxic during the times of Chen Shui Bian. They are slowly maturing. Younger candidates and supporters are much more educated and civilized.

Lol you can't be sure about that. Taiwanese shows are broadcast in Singapore, and I'm exposed to more Taiwanese shows than Singaporean shows since I was kid as my family watches them. Even the Prime Minister watches them sometimes I guess.

That's just human nature. Even in big companies people play dirty to rise to the top and capture power, much less running a country, whether the country is democratic or undemocratic. You mean to tell me in the mainland the system is all meritocratic and is cleaner than Taiwan, just because the media doesn't wash the dirty laundry in public?

In the mainland if you lose the power struggle and if you're lucky you get a forced retirement. If you unlucky you can be jailed or even put to death, if there's a conflict in interest and you have no political backing. You say Taiwan's politics are dirty because of fake news and because they fight in parliament? Really? What is 王世坚 in comparison?

I can tell you Taiwan's politics and voters (as well as internet) is much more toxic during the times of Chen Shui Bian. They are slowly maturing. Younger candidates and supporters are much more educated and civilized.
It's not human nature. Okay? No other socalled democratic society is as sick as Taiwan. In youtube I talked with many people from different countries. Most them are normal. On the other hand Taiwanese are very politicalized and meanwhile very dumb in politics. They will pay a huge cost for their stupidity in the future. Let wait and see. I should just stop talking this topic with you.

It's not human nature. Okay? No other socalled democratic society is as sick as Taiwan. In youtube I talked with many people from different countries. Most them are normal. On the other hand Taiwanese are very politicalized and meanwhile very dumb in politics. They will pay a huge cost for their stupidity in the future. Let wait and see. I should just stop talking this topic with you.

Look, I read the comments from time to time. I don't find comments from the mainland any better.

Look, I read the comments from time to time. I don't find comments from the mainland any better.

为啥我看到的都是附和他的回复,没有人反驳?你有看到反驳他的评论吗?关于台湾赚大陆的钱,这是真的,大陆跟台湾签了单方面让利的EFCA,让台湾每年赚800亿美元的顺差。关于翻墙,我一直搞不明白能上美国的网站会给他们这么强的自豪感。中国是成为除了美国之外仅有的有完整互联网产业的国家,防火墙的作用还是蛮大的。所以大陆人的回复没错。

还有一点是台湾人(包括你们新加坡人)永远也理解不了的,中国与所有的国家都不同,是美国的第一颠覆对象,而美国把控这世界话语权,无时无刻不在对中国进行舆论战,所以中国必须要建防火墙。这是中国想做一个独立自主的国家必须付出的代价。台湾这些地方根本就没有被美国舆论战攻击的经历,站着说话不腰疼。

Last edited:
关于台湾赚大陆的钱,这是真的,大陆跟台湾签了单方面让利的EFCA,让台湾每年赚800亿美元的顺差。

I don't understand this self-entitled logic from Chinese netizens. You know, saying stuff like the Taiwanese are ungrateful for the trade surplus and threaten to cut trade.

China runs a trade surplus against the US too, so? China should be 'grateful' to the US then and heed her political bidding? The US runs a trade surplus against Singapore too, so? The US should be 'grateful' to Singapore?

Absolute nonsense. As if China's trade deficit against Taiwan is an act of altruism. It's business, willing buyer willing seller. If I can get a better deal from others, I will.

还有一点是台湾人(包括你们新加坡人)永远也理解不了的,中国与所有的国家都不同,是美国的第一颠覆对象,而美国把控这世界话语权,无时无刻不在对中国进行舆论战,所以中国必须要建防火墙。这是中国想做一个独立自主的国家必须付出的代价。台湾这些地方根本就没有被美国舆论战攻击的经历,站着说话不腰疼。

If you believe that the Great Firewall is to protect the Chinese, then why are you still surfing websites like YouTube which are blocked?

Why are Chinese posters sharing YouTube videos regularly on this forum?

And worse, going around saying that the CPC is wise for blocking YouTube and how the outside world don't understand China when there's limited interaction due to self-inflicted isolation?

It's totally self-contradicting.

But you're right that we may not understand you guys, just like how you guys may not understand us. We have different default views on the very same internet platforms which these discussions are carried out.

We have different bearings, different values, different worldview.

Last edited:
I agree. This is bad. How to solve the problem? Simple. Increase military spending, increase economic pressure on Taiwan and reaffirm the will to use force to prevent independence.

What did you think the response was going to be? did you think it was going to be "seems like they don't like us, we're going to decrease military spending and reconsider the use of force."
I think that will only make more Taiwanese even more pro independence( including those in the minority who have been neutral or opposed so far).
The one question China should be asking itself is why her soft power is barely existent even in her own immediate neighbourhood and in sinosphere countries like Taiwan, Hong Kong, Vietnam etc. Countries who all seem to despise the mainland. China really needs to rebuild her image and brand. So far they have done a poor job in this sector.
Russia has done a better job in this regard than China. Just watching RT and CCTV as an example will give you an idea of what I mean. Even Crimea which was annexed by Russia, people there in an overwhelming majority were pro Russia. That I admit myself (even though the covert invasion and annexation was illegal).

I don't understand this self-entitled logic from Chinese netizens. You know, saying stuff like the Taiwanese are ungrateful for the trade surplus and threaten to cut trade.

China runs a trade surplus against the US too, so? China should be 'grateful' to the US then and heed her political bidding? The US runs a trade surplus against Singapore too, so? The US should be 'grateful' to Singapore?

Absolute nonsense. As if China's trade deficit against Taiwan is an act of altruism. It's business, willing buyer willing seller. If I can get a better deal from others, I will.
As I said, China mainland offered Taiwan unilaterally favorable EFCA. US didn't do that to China.
If you believe that the Great Firewall is to protect the Chinese, then why are you still surfing websites like YouTube which are blocked?

And worse, going around saying that the CPC is wise for blocking YouTube and how the outside world don't understand China when there's limited interaction and different default view on the very same internet platform which the discussion is carried out?

But you're right that we may not understand you guys, just like you guys may not understand us. Well, then so be it.
Using VPN is not illegal in China, even though we have to pay some money for it. I personally would like to undertake the inconvience brought by firewall block. Because you know if we let American companies dominate China's market, we will eventually pay more money to America. In this regard, we had a very bad experience in the bean oil industry with Monsanto

Last edited:
The one question China should be asking itself is why her soft power is barely existent even in her own immediate neighbourhood and in sinosphere countries like Taiwan, Hong Kong, Vietnam etc. Countries who all seem to despise the mainland.

Because they suck at propaganda. Every country has their own propaganda, but a good propaganda is a subtle one which the Chinese are obviously unskilled at.

Censorship of websites make it worse, because you lose the moral high ground that you're afraid of what others have to say. Whether you're actually right or wrong, people will instinctively doubt you if you're don't dare to have an open debate.

Last edited:
Because they suck at propaganda. Every country has their own propaganda, but a good propaganda is a subtle one which the Chinese are obviously unskilled at.

And censorship makes it worse, because you loses the moral high ground that you're afraid of what others have to say.
Nothing about propaganda skill. It's all about hard power you have. US has it. So people buy their propaganda. And you know China adopted "韬光养晦” policy. Keeping low profile is reasonable.

And worse, going around saying that the CPC is wise for blocking YouTube and how the outside world don't understand China when there's limited interaction due to self-inflicted isolation?

But you're right that we may not understand you guys, just like how you guys may not understand us. We have different default views on the very same internet platforms which these discussions are carried out.

We have different bearings, different values, different worldview.
More. Besides paying more money. There is also a political risk. You should know the ugly role facebook and Tittwer had played in syria, Hongkong, etc. As I said earlier, China is the major target of America propaganda weapons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom