ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Well if this is true then Pakistan may have some hope

But so far I think some more chatrool is needed
FB_IMG_1693226367236.jpg

PMLN should get another 5 yrs IMO

the motorway have increased toll tax to almost 1100 per car from lahore to islamabad , pmln ka janaza

People have to pay their taxes .. if you can afford a car in pakistan - then the toll tax should not represent much of a problem.

They can choose to pay their taxes directly at source from their salaries/income or indirectly road as extra roadtaxes.

I have no sympathy for most Pakistani's ... given i currently pay over 45% here in the UK as a high income earner .. and most Pakistani's dont pay but then have the nerve to come to the UK with their begging bowls asking for loans, aid and grants that they have no intention of repaying.

Last edited:
People have to pay their taxes .. if you can afford a car in pakistan - then the toll tax should not represent much of a problem.

They can choose to pay their taxes directly at source from their salaries/income or indirectly road as extra roadtaxes.

I have no sympathy for most Pakistani's ... given i currently pay over 45% here in the UK as a high income earner .. and most Pakistani's dont pay but then have the nerve to come to the UK with their begging bowls asking for loans, aid and grants that they have no intention of repaying.
Incompetence isn't an excuse to tax the poor directly

Less than 4 dollars for a nearly 200-mile motorway is hardly something that can evoke sympathy. I pay 5 bucks to park my car in a cheap lot here. Extreme resistance to taxes I think is a part of the core problem of Pakistan. I think many Pakistanis think they are guests in somebody else's place. They deserve nice things for just being there.

Less than 4 dollars for a nearly 200-mile motorway is hardly something that can evoke sympathy. I pay 5 bucks to park my car in a cheap lot here. Extreme resistance to taxes I think is a part of the core problem of Pakistan. I think many Pakistanis think they are guests in somebody else's place. They deserve nice things for just being there.
compare the minimum wage in the USA versus Pakistan
you can afford to pay 5$ for parking,
heck, even government servants here make around only 1$ per hour.

compare the minimum wage in the USA versus Pakistan
you can afford to pay 5$ for parking,
heck, even government servants here make around only 1$ per hour.
But there is no requirement that one has to own a car and drive it on a motorway with tolls. Anyway, let us calculate fuel etc., costs for a 200-mile trip. It will likely consume 10 gallons i.e., $50 of gas. So, a person who can afford to fill by paying $50 wants to complain too loudly of a toll for a 200-mile motorway. I am seeing cognitive dissonance already. Not even considering cost of owning a car, maintenance etc.,

challo i buy khoti no tax on this animal itself is a tax, working to death all its life also to add insult injury human beings mock this khotis izzat.

But there is no requirement that one has to own a car and drive it on a motorway with tolls. Anyway, let us calculate fuel etc., costs for a 200-mile trip. It will likely consume 10 gallons i.e., $50 of gas. So, a person who can afford to fill by paying $50 wants to complain too loudly of a toll for a 200-mile motorway. I am seeing cognitive dissonance already. Not even considering cost of owning a car, maintenance etc.,
the toll on the motorways and fuel costs ultimately contribute to the cost of public transport, buses, and even the transportation of household items. It is a cycle which viciously affects the poor. Those who can afford will obviously not give a damn, but travel via buses is also done by the lower strata of the population, they continue to suffer.

Incompetence isn't an excuse to tax the poor directly

It is - the people who should get more actively who governs them, what decisions they make and what part they play in those decisions as they have to bare the consequences of those decisions. In action, also has responsbility and accountability for the people of pakistan, especially when things are being done "in their name.."

Back
Top Bottom