What's new

BREAKING : `Modi may use military option if terror attack traced to Pakistan’

WASHINGTON, FEB 6:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to use the military option if the next terrorist attack in India is traced back to Pakistan, a former top US diplomat has warned while hoping that the Pakistanis would understand that their past behaviour is unlikely to be tolerated now.

“Every Indian Prime Minister since the attack on the Parliament in Delhi now heading on 15 years ago has looked seriously at a military response when these incidents occur and has stepped back. But I believe that sentiment inside India has changed substantially and I think this Prime Minister is unlikely to step back,” former US Ambassador to India Robert Blackwill said.

“If there is a major terrorist attack whose breadcrumbs lead to Pakistan and the Pakistan military and ISI, I think that this Prime Minister is likely to use military force against Pakistan territory. It’s not a certainty,” Blackwill told reporters during a conference call organised by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), a top American think-tank.

Blackwill, who is a close watcher of India and South Asia, said Modi’s predecessors have been briefed by the Indian military on options and have never found them attractive.

“But I think Modi, both as a personality and reflecting Indian public opinion and political sentiment across the society will be much more likely to use military force than his predecessors,” he said.

“Now how that might be applied is another matter. To try to diminish the likelihood of escalation between two nuclear weapon states, but hopefully the Pakistanis understand that their behaviour in the past is unlikely to be tolerable to this Indian Prime Minister,” Blackwill said in response to a question.

Stephen Cohen, senior fellow in foreign policy at the Brookings Institute, agreed that Prime Minister Modi’s response to a terrorist attack emanating from Pakistan would be a different one than that of his predecessor.

“I think based on what he (Modi) said and I think based on the Indian public sentiment, if there was another Mumbai attack, which I don’t think it’s going to be that likely, it (India’s response) may be something quite different. There will be a vigorous Indian response. Perhaps even direct attacks on Pakistani territory, hitting camps,” Cohen said.
`Modi may use military option if terror attack traced to Pakistan’ | Business Line
If Modi is idiot enough he can try it but than he and Indians will cry a lot

Wow guys how long we gonna hear the same thing . Like we are not Afghanistan we are pakistan .India should wake up from dreams of defeating pakistan. ... Guys Come on now. How many wars we fought. U lost half of the land to India. Still you think India can't defeat you ? Well So let me make it clear ...

First read the Book :
Fighting to the End: The Pakistan Army’s Way of War
By C Christine Fair

This book is well thought and we'll understood strategy of PA . She concludes that for any army the defeats of all wars and loosing half the land is considered as a huge and humiliating defeat . That's how everyone thinks . It's the nature of losing and winning . But what Pakistan Military follows is to fool people of Pakistan by invoking Hindu Muslim sentimental and so Being alive is considered as a victory .

Except pakistan no one will take defeat as their victory. So another day you can fight India again and again . This way of victory over humiliating defeat was followed by Gazini Muhammad . Who lost for 16 times to Hindu king. And was pardoned on basis of begging for life. During the 17th time he defeated with the help of double agents in Hindu Army. But he chopped the head of the King in just 1 victory. Pakistan Army is again doing the same. But Indian civilisations are sentimental idiots who respect human life but good learners of the past too. I don't think next war between pakistan and India won't be for few territory .But for last man stand. Hope it won't happen. If it's so . No problem . It is what it is .

since 2008 i am reading it and will read till more 50 years . indian can not shit with pakistan borders its 2015 fanboys
Your reading this since 2008? Modi became PM only in 20014. So the script you've been reading is history and has completely changed.

Your PA/ISI better watch out! No more pussyfooting by India. Let's see you guys trying another Mumbai if you have the guts.

and you think it will lead india to peace ? and india will enjoy ? if pakistan destabilize india will go to same drain where pakistan go . abut isolation i am really looking for it but cant find it .just obama did not visit pakistan is isolation ?
Since when did Pakistan become, the Vanguard to India's Defence and it's well wisher?
How will a Destabilized Pakistan automatically destabilize India(don't say Pakistan is buffering us from Al-Qaeda ,TTP and ISIS)?
Like it or not Pakistan is going that route,voluntarily or Involuntarily and its only a matter of time.
We are preparing for the worst case scenario and shoring up our border defences.

LOL at the American Think Tank for such an foolish assessment.

The First thing Modi will do is SCARP THE INDUS WATER TREATY.

Far more efficient, effective and cheaper than a war :coffee:

but ek waar to banta hai imran bhaijaan
kashmir hum denge nahi , aur lene ki jid aap nahi chodoge

thats because you live in the dream where Pakistan will always be in a shit state.

A war is not only option, look at the oil, you will realise what I am saying.

what about my kamwali's family dispute, was that the doing of India?

Yes, India can attack Pakistan and the whole world will support her but there is little problem here. India herself is involved in supporting terror inside Pakistan. Unless India washes her hands from supporting terror in Pakistan, she will not be able to gather support for her adventure in Pakistan. Now India has not yet become the USA (nor in the foreseeable future) that she could attack a country (let alone Pakistan) at will without the support of other nations. This is no secret that both countries are meddling in each other's matters, and both are nuclear -armed. It has been said over and over again that Pakistan may not win a sustained war with India but is more than capable of giving a hugely bloody nose to India and that would be the last thing India would want, for this will not help India with her plans of economic growth etc.

Sanity should prevail and both countries should try to resolve issues through meaningful dialogue. If England and France could talk and settle their centuries old animosity, Pakistan and India could as well.
1. the whole world also knows pakistani establishments role in creating problems in the naighbour hood for the last so many decades and no one wil show any mercy to pakistan ... periodnot even USA , SA & China

2. india will and is doing every thing tomake itself strong and raise its level & stakesfor pakistan to a level where there will be no comaparission both in economikand millitarry terms & world recongnition to owr cuase against pakistani cause

3.we dont need to be USA and we dont attack nations like USA does

4. world knows that pakistanis suffrening mainly because its owngame has turned against it so even if your neuklear doesnt means thereare not other ways to ....u know what i mean

5.as for giving a bloody nose toindia that will onli happen when we attack pakistan like pakistan wants us to but that dosent means we will play your game like u want us to

6. as for owr ekonomik growth wellu just have central asian route and owr plans doesnt realli depend just on trade with central asia or hand owts bywest /US or IMF under coaliation support fund or war remitences & forign aid we have many other options + we have owr very own market to sustain owr future growth

7. as for sanity and doing a la UK-France or France - germany well pakistan is no where near european nations when it comes to "sanity"cause more than any thing elsehate and revenge against india is the onli national identity and bond that is still keeping pakistan alive so there cannever be good relations with a eternalli baised enemy

soin short pakistani good will or support to india was , is and always will bea dream a mirrage while more than india pakistan needs india and we know it so .... tumko armaan ho to ho hamke koi imkan nahi ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom