What's new

BREAKING: INDIA TO PURCHASE ANTI-TANK MISSILES FROM ISRAEL THROUGH GOVT-TO-GOVT DEAL

What happened to make in India?

Israel forgot the UN vote?

premium ? pls explain.
the opportunity to procure the missiles via joint venture with a local indian company is no longer an option as the deal was recently cancelled. now this deal has arisen suddenly after the cancellation of the first shows desperation hence the price increase. also there's more middle men in the deal who would like a cut.
you have the indian army asking the indian govt for the missiles who would go to the israeli govt who would then go to the manufacturer for the missile and in reverser order for delivery/payment this makes the product more expensive.

the only benefit is that the deal (g2g) is more secure and a hassle of dealing with the manufacturer is dealt with with the country of where the manufacturer is based

What happened to make in India?

Israel forgot the UN vote?
Lol, world doesn't go around the way you think. National and economic interest comes 1st. Israel gets business/money, India gets what it wants at a cheaper cost without TOT. DRDO gets time to develop there own alternative.

And looking into the future. July 16, 2018

India has cancelled the agreed purchase of Israeli missiles in favour of make in India supa missile.

All Indian on PDF.....yeah man the Israeli stuff is shit. Power to the cow. Bottoms up chaps enjoy cow cola. Those bloody Pakistanis are rubbish. Don't worry we are super power

Dickhead IA generals. God knows what they're doing. They would stoop to any low level for their kickbacks

I find DRDO playing the bad politics here.

the opportunity to procure the missiles via joint venture with a local indian company is no longer an option as the deal was recently cancelled. now this deal has arisen suddenly after the cancellation of the first shows desperation hence the price increase. also there's more middle men in the deal who would like a cut.
you have the indian army asking the indian govt for the missiles who would go to the israeli govt who would then go to the manufacturer for the missile and in reverser order for delivery/payment this makes the product more expensive.

the only benefit is that the deal (g2g) is more secure and a hassle of dealing with the manufacturer is dealt with with the country of where the manufacturer is based

No sir. On the contrary it will be cheaper since there will be no ToT. Secondly the manufacturing through a local manufacturer would nothave saved us any money though I agree it would have given us the technology and enabled the Indian local manufacturers the edge which would have been an advantage in the longer run. I don't see any premium price here. If you are trying to say desperate ? yes.. we are in need of ATGMs and I am totally in favour of this acquisition. No time to wait really.

I find DRDO playing the bad politics here.
What's DRDO got to do with this! Infact they would get the money to develop and enhance the existing system they developed and some DRDO official could take some kickbacks to select a private Indian defense firm to offer them the production contract and ToT.

IA and IAF have always been reluctant to induct indigenous platforms and they will do anything in their power to kill indigenous projects or put them on hold infinitely or come up with some dumbass claims stating that the specs are obsolete and would eventually go for a foreign system citing urgency and would receive their share of kickbacks. No wonder our defense industry has never been able to pick up pace

No sir. On the contrary it will be cheaper since there will be no ToT. Secondly the manufacturing through a local manufacturer would nothave saved us any money though I agree it would have given us the technology and enabled the Indian local manufacturers the edge which would have been an advantage in the longer run. I don't see any premium price here.
end of the day in my view i think it will be a bad move, its never that easy end of the day its all about money even if they are your "friends".
If you are trying to say desperate ? yes.. we are in need of ATGMs and I am totally in favour of this acquisition. No time to wait really.
contrary to what i said above^ you will end up with a good missile which has seen combat. but note your western neighbour can quickly reply the same with the hj-12. mind you they only using old atgm's to take out bunkers on the loc which does not warrant using an expensive solution such as the hj-12. an old milan or cobra would do the job just fine

Congrats to Israel. Although it probably won't be worth $500million like before.

In comparison, Nag was developed at a cost of around $50million. But it'll obviously take time to be man portable.
Nag_1049629f.jpg

so much for make in india, you can tell their desperate when the jump straight into a g2g deal straight after flopping a commercial deal? now be prepared to pay a premium.

Indian politicians want to ensure more kickback. So the cancel one deal and create another one. No wonder India is incompetent in buying weapons.

Congrats to Israel. Although it probably won't be worth $500million like before.

In comparison, Nag was developed at a cost of around $50million. But it'll obviously take time to be man portable.
View attachment 447414

This one will cost several times more because of g
2g deal. Kickbacks everywhere.

This one will cost several times more because of g
2g deal. Kickbacks everywhere.
Earlier deal involved ToT.

Since we've an idea of the cost now, that is $500mil including ToT, any foul play will be put down by the parliament.
Not everyone is corrupt.

One of the reasons deals drag on in India is that somebody would sense some foul play and bring it up.

Back
Top Bottom