What's new

Breaking : India deploys first S-400 air defence system in Punjab sector

I thought they were to counter Chinese Airforce Presence in Ladakh and not Pakistan? Sure we get it you have a flashy new gadget , i really hope it doesn't bring down one of your own this time (I hope it does :D)

The S400 deal was signed long before the LAC issue in Ladakh.
Weren't they concerned for LAC rn?
Why put it near IB than? 🤔

S400 was signed quite sometime before the LAC issues in Ladakh. Signed in 2018.

There would be one regiment in Kashmir taking care of both LAC and LoC. And one will be for sure in our East.

Other 2 regiments are anybody guess.

Dont kill our dreams.. I mean they have worked before
We dreamt u will shoot down your heli & it happened

Fine keep dreaming then.... I can't do anything about what you see in your dreams......
My reply was towards sanctions BTW

After building up for 50 years, inducting top of the line fighter jets to counter PAF, the myth was shattered in matter of minutes. Indians use to boast that the SU-30 is an overkill of the PAF and it's meant to counter PLAAF and the Fulcrums are sufficient to take care of the entire PAF.....but guess what, when the test came, no Fulcrums were visible in the arena. Modi's threat to launch missiles against Pakistan was also in hindsight an admittance that the IAF is not capable to deliver.
The S-400 may pose a threat to airborne combat aircraft but being static, in this day and age, it's very vulnerable to the likes of SOW and GLCM.

To protect Rafales based at Ambala. Unfortunately Indian Rafales will be shot down by Indian S-400 in a friendly fire.
It can't happen because those rafales will be painted saffron in a special bovine based paint, and then blessed by some unholy man, so that S300 will not shoot them down.

Please elaborate. Why do you think India is deploying at Punjab sector? What do you think is the strategy behind it?
There is a post of mine somewhere with a picture outlining the theoretical engagement range if placed in that area. Essentially covers most of Northern Pakistan Frontline bases and Chinese approach vectors from Ladakh. That being said, the northern terrain is VERY restrictive just due to elevation and masking features available - it will be most effective just below the LOC on Pakistan assets flying above 15k feet. Think of its engagement capability as a mushroom of sorts but then hitting everything from radar Search+track effectiveness issues due to elevation differences.

Either way, it is the most cost effective utilization of the system especially from a ABM(to an extent) perspective as well. The next one should go towards Jaisalmir or lower towards Bhuj.
But Pakistan already knows the in and outs of it post Shaheen VIII in 2019.
yes - but how India deploys it within its warfighting doctrine may be different versus China.

yes - but how India deploys it within its warfighting doctrine may be different versus China.
The active duty systems deployed on China's AD/ABM grid are HQ-9 & HQ-19 series, in large numbers. Like other non-standard & off-grid systems the two and only two S400 battalions are used by FTTC (Flight Test and Training Centre) say 172 brigade or OPFOR say 175 brigade, these "blue teams" do not practice PLA doctrine but exactly the opposite i.e. doctrines as close to adversary's as possible.

Last edited:
Pakistan must be really among the very top militaries who can now

- Defeat the Rafale
- Mig 29, SU 30 and Tejas
- Defeat BrahMos
- Defeat the S-400

India's current and new weapons are dead on arrival. If you see their chatter on the Naval front, we are doomed there also.

Pakistan must be really among the very top militaries who can now

- Defeat the Rafale
- Mig 29, SU 30 and Tejas
- Defeat BrahMos
- Defeat the S-400

India's current and new weapons are dead on arrival. If you see their chatter on the Naval front, we are doomed there also.
I wont say dead on Arrival since India makes a lot of efforts from places like TaCDE to other establishments to cater its doctrines down but in in terms of exposure to system Pakistan has been working hard for the past ten years.
It cannot “defeat” the brahmos but since the brahmos has been confined to a strategic role(the SSM) version any use from India is automatically assumed to be a rung up the ladder towards nuclear weapons.

The naval front is a different matter where the Brahmos on IN ships is still a deadly combo with just a few tactics available against it. Even the USN doesn’t have anything other than RAM and SM-2 launches to really negate the Russian Oniks/Bazalt combos.

The difference however is that some self sabotaging decisions(and systems) by India itself work in Pakistan’s favor a lot - A LOT. Everything from procurement priorities and procedures handicap all that money India has in its kitty.

Case in point is spending millions in creating a telepresence conferencing system from HCL for Indian airbases but not allocating those funds in priority for secured airborne communications.

Only bumpkins or contrived kickbacks can explain that.

I wont say dead on Arrival since India makes a lot of efforts from places like TaCDE to other establishments to cater its doctrines down but in in terms of exposure to system Pakistan has been working hard for the past ten years.
It cannot “defeat” the brahmos but since the brahmos has been confined to a strategic role(the SSM) version any use from India is automatically assumed to be a rung up the ladder towards nuclear weapons.

The naval front is a different matter where the Brahmos on IN ships is still a deadly combo with just a few tactics available against it. Even the USN doesn’t have anything other than RAM and SM-2 launches to really negate the Russian Oniks/Bazalt combos.

The difference however is that some self sabotaging decisions(and systems) by India itself work in Pakistan’s favor a lot - A LOT. Everything from procurement priorities and procedures handicap all that money India has in its kitty.

Case in point is spending millions in creating a telepresence conferencing system from HCL for Indian airbases but not allocating those funds in priority for secured airborne communications.

Only bumpkins or contrived kickbacks can explain that.
I guess you didn't pick up sarcasm in his post, his well worn out trademark.

I guess you didn't pick up sarcasm in his post, his well worn out trademark.
I did but my reply is meant for thinking non-Indians. He just wants the constant self fellatio Indians are used to on their own forum and in general life but is hypocritical enough to accuse Pakistan of the same.

I did but my reply is meant for thinking non-Indians. He just wants the constant self fellatio Indians are used to on their own forum and in general life but is hypocritical enough to accuse Pakistan of the same.
As we use to tease other boys in primary...
Do you want to fight.... With my Mate.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom