What's new

BREAKING: Gate being built at Iran border by FWO

Tripoli

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

QUETTA/ISLAMABAD: Amid escalating tensions between Islamabad and Kabul over the construction of a gate at the Torkham border, Pakistani officials on Friday confirmed to have started building a gate, this time near the Iranian border of the country at Taftan.

The ‘Pakistan Gate’ – aimed at improving border management and curbing illegal trade between the two neighbouring countries – would be formally inaugurated on the Independence Day (August 14) this year.

The construction of the gate would complete within two months at an estimated cost of Rs15 million, the officials said.

Together, the Frontier Corps Sector Commander Brigadier Khalid Beg and Balochistan Collector Customs Saeed Ahmed Jadoon laid the foundation stone of the gate at Taftan in Chagai district. Civil and military officials along with several tribal leaders were also present on the occasion.

Speaking at the inauguration ceremony in Taftan, Brigadier Beg explained that the aim of building the ‘Pakistan Gate’ was to improve border management. He said it would also serve as a trade gate, facilitating thousands of traders crossing into Pakistan.

The gate would represent Pakistan on the border, being constructed jointly by the Balochistan customs and the Frontier Corps, said Jadoon.

It is important to mention here that Iran has long been demanding Pakistan to build a trade gate on its side of the border after it built a similar gate on its side at Mir Java in Zahedan, the capital of Sistan and Baluchestan province. Iran has created 10-foot-high walls at various places along with its border with Pakistan.

Jadoon while giving more details said even though the gate was Pakistan’s requirement to strengthen border management, it was also requested by Iran to help curb illegal trade on both sides of the border.

The officials also announced that Islamabad was also planning to construct a ‘Pakistan House’ at Taftan border to facilitate pilgrims en route to Iran and Iraq.

http://arynews.tv/en/pakistan-gate-built-iran-border-curb-illegal-trade/ @Major Sam @Maj.Osmani

Last edited:
sorry for annoying you guys

but i ve a question "does MES or FWO engineers wear uniform?"

Yep it will stop smuggling both ways and benifit both nations

better-late-than-never-but-never-late-is-better4.jpg

Now a days Pakistan making really bold and long due good decisions but I believe credit goes to Pakistan army, would that they started to respect Waga border also and send people in Indian only through proper gates at borders not via .......... .
@GURU DUTT
as i said before its between iran and pakistan .... sannu ki :drag:

Wish we had someone like Trump ,we would've saved those 15 million.

Yep it will stop smuggling both ways and benifit both nations
It really makes me wonder why these strategically important projects were not started before.
The damage caused by insurgents and smuggled goods could have been reduced.

Iran is very happy, because this bound to happened right after Irani ambassador delivered secret letter last week in regards to jailed Monkey. Something big handover by Iranian govt to Chaudry Nisar .

QUETTA/ISLAMABAD: Amid escalating tensions between Islamabad and Kabul over the construction of a gate at the Torkham border, Pakistani officials on Friday confirmed to have started building a gate, this time near the Iranian border of the country at Taftan.

The ‘Pakistan Gate’ – aimed at improving border management and curbing illegal trade between the two neighbouring countries – would be formally inaugurated on the Independence Day (August 14) this year.

The construction of the gate would complete within two months at an estimated cost of Rs15 million, the officials said.

Together, the Frontier Corps Sector Commander Brigadier Khalid Beg and Balochistan Collector Customs Saeed Ahmed Jadoon laid the foundation stone of the gate at Taftan in Chagai district. Civil and military officials along with several tribal leaders were also present on the occasion.

Speaking at the inauguration ceremony in Taftan, Brigadier Beg explained that the aim of building the ‘Pakistan Gate’ was to improve border management. He said it would also serve as a trade gate, facilitating thousands of traders crossing into Pakistan.

The gate would represent Pakistan on the border, being constructed jointly by the Balochistan customs and the Frontier Corps, said Jadoon.

It is important to mention here that Iran has long been demanding Pakistan to build a trade gate on its side of the border after it built a similar gate on its side at Mir Java in Zahedan, the capital of Sistan and Baluchestan province. Iran has created 10-foot-high walls at various places along with its border with Pakistan.

Jadoon while giving more details said even though the gate was Pakistan’s requirement to strengthen border management, it was also requested by Iran to help curb illegal trade on both sides of the border.

The officials also announced that Islamabad was also planning to construct a ‘Pakistan House’ at Taftan border to facilitate pilgrims en route to Iran and Iraq.

@Major Sam @Maj.Osmani
Good step towards improvement of relationship between Brotherly neighbors

Amid escalating tensions between Islamabad and Kabul over the construction of a gate at the Torkham border, Pakistani officials on Friday confirmed to have started building a gate, this time near the Iranian border of the country at Taftan.

As a matter of fact we dont have any problems with regards to border with our this brotherly country here. They would be more than happy for this and would like to mutually build many such gates along the border on both sides.

Comeon! Pakistan is a poor country and the illegal trade is skewed towards Pakistan is is the case with Afghanistan for Pakistan. I think this is a positive development as Iranian gas and oil will not be smuggled and more such controlled border crossings should be built. There should be better border management in all areas. Its mutually beneficial to manage the border. Iranians have always asserted there are terror attempts from the Pakistani border by jundullah. This will eliminate efforts of sectarian terrorists.

Pakistan should have sought friendly relations with Iran from the start. Our failure to pull away from the US and allow them to use our soil for reconnaissance against Iran is as much part of the problem as is Yadhav case. I would advise my countrymen to look positively at Iran. We can't keep on making enemies in our neighborhood.

Comeon! Pakistan is a poor country and the illegal trade is skewed towards Pakistan is is the case with Afghanistan for Pakistan. I think this is a positive development as Iranian gas and oil will not be smuggled and more such controlled border crossings should be built. There should be better border management in all areas. Its mutually beneficial to manage the border. Iranians have always asserted there are terror attempts from the Pakistani border by jundullah. This will eliminate efforts of sectarian terrorists.

Pakistan should have sought friendly relations with Iran from the start. Our failure to pull away from the US and allow them to use our soil for reconnaissance against Iran is as much part of the problem as is Yadhav case. I would advise my countrymen to look positively at Iran. We can't keep on making enemies in our neighborhood.

:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom