What's new

Breaking: Chinese bulldozers removed from Doklam, All road construction stopped.

No road? Bhai the road is already there till Doka La. That's like 30-40% deep inside Doklam, check the map. :rofl:. India did not touch a single inch. Read the official statements from MEA and MOFA, don't read India ANAL LYST please.

I can understand your pain, but try to sink into the reality and live with it.

I can understand your pain, but try to sink into the reality and live with it.
Actually I am stating this impartially and I hope you are too. I think what happened was acceptable to both parties. China gave Modi some face by postponing construction till after winter while he visits Beijing. And in return India retreats unilaterally. Before this there were no permanent troops stationed there, now we are stationed there. India handed us an excuse to militarize Dok Lam. This is the biggest strategic lost for India. A permanent force next to Doka La with a class 40 road, our light tanks are around 35 tonnes btw.

http://eng.mod.gov.cn/news/2017-08/28/content_4790134.htm

"We remind India to draw lessons from the stand-off, abide by established treaties and the basic principles of international law, and work together with China to safeguard peace and stability along the border and promote the healthy development of the two militaries," he said.

Actually I am stating this impartially and I hope you are too. I think what happened was acceptable to both parties. China gave Modi some face by postponing construction till after winter while he visits Beijing. And in return India retreats unilaterally. Before this there were no permanent troops stationed there, now we are stationed there. India handed us an excuse to militarize Dok Lam. This is the biggest strategic lost for India. A permanent force next to Doka La with a class 40 road, our light tanks are around 35 tonnes btw.

"We remind India to draw lessons from the stand-off, abide by established treaties and the basic principles of international law, and work together with China to safeguard peace and stability along the border and promote the healthy development of the two militaries," he said.

It's not winter yet, go build the road. :lol:

It's not winter yet, go build the road. :lol:
I don't think they will resume now since Modi is visiting Beijing in September and October is already winter. Most likely in February when this incident dies down and Modi won't get any media attack if China resumes construction.

I don't think they will resume now since Modi is visiting Beijing in September and October is already winter. Most likely in February when this incident dies down and Modi won't get any media attack if China resumes construction.

But China will get Doklam 2.0 all over again. :)

China was wounded, that's why its cries on Doklam were shrill : Kanwal Sibal

Remember not to retreat this time, wait for the fun to begin. :rofl:

We are good neighbours, we stop objecting once you comply with our demands.

1. China and Bhutan both were patrolling the area for years.

2. China tried to push around a small country like Bhutan by changing the ground positions there by building a road.

3. India moved in to honor its friendship treaty with Bhutan and made China stop the road construction with immediate effect, and asked China to withdraw its road construction equipment, restoring status quo.

4. A military stand-off begins with hourly threats of war from China, India didn't budge from its demand, nor paid any attention to constant Chinese threats.

5. After 70 days China meekly withdraw all the road construction equipment first, followed by a mutual military deescalation, thus restoring status quo.

6. China issued face saving statements like "we will patrol the area" (sure, that's restoring status quo), and "will follow our infrastructure plan based on weather, ground situation, necessary changes, etc. etc. etc." with no specific timeline (sure, saving face is important).

7. On the ground, India has stopped Chinese illegal road construction, mutually deescalated the situation as China complied with Indian demands, and restored status quo.

Now people should learn to accept the reality, that Chinese strength is in projecting threats with shrill words, and not in its ability to follow up with real action on the ground.
Btw, Pakistan should know it better when China just sat on the fence and watched in 1965, 1971, 1987, & 1999.

We are good neighbours, we stop objecting once you comply with our demands.

1. China and Bhutan both were patrolling the area for years.

2. China tried to push around a small country like Bhutan by changing the ground positions there by building a road.

3. India moved in to honor its friendship treaty with Bhutan and made China stop the road construction with immediate effect, and asked China to withdraw its road construction equipment, restoring status quo.

4. A military stand-off begins with hourly threats of war from China, India didn't budge from its demand, nor paid any attention to constant Chinese threats.

5. After 70 days China meekly withdraw all the road construction equipment first, followed by a mutual military deescalation, thus restoring status quo.

6. China issued face saving statements like "we will patrol the area" (sure, that's restoring status quo), and "will follow our infrastructure plan based on weather, ground situation, necessary changes, etc. etc. etc." with no specific timeline (sure, saving face is important).

7. On the ground, India has stopped Chinese illegal road construction, mutually deescalated the situation as China complied with Indian demands, and restored status quo.

Now people should learn to accept the reality, that Chinese strength is in projecting threats with shrill words, and not in its ability to follow up with real action on the ground.
Btw, Pakistan should know it better when China just sat on the fence and watched in 1965, 1971, 1987, & 1999.
Let me do a little correction.

2. China tried to push around a small country like Bhutan by changing the ground positions there by building a road. Roads had already existed there in the form of low grade paths, China upgraded those paths to grade 40 roads until Doka La, roughly 30-40% deep in Doklam.

3. India moved in to honor its friendship treaty with Bhutan and made China stop the road construction with immediate effect, and asked China to withdraw its road construction equipment, restoring status quo. China informed India on this activity out of goodwill, instead of protesting they sent in troops. China gave warning in the first month for peaceful resolutions, mobilize troops in the second month and escalated in Ladakh sector to send a message about a two front war. India withdraws.

4. A military stand-off begins with hourly threats of war from China, India didn't budge from its demand, nor paid any attention to constant Chinese threats. India remained silent and tried to negotiate in Beijing, China stuck with the stand of no negotiations until withdrawals, Doval returns empty handed and China further escalated troop mobilizations.

5. After 70 days China meekly withdraw all the road construction equipment first, followed by a mutual military deescalation, thus restoring status quo. After 70 days, India unilaterally withdrew and didn't get any road cessation concession from China. China postpones construction using weather as an excuse to enable Modi to visit China in September.

6. China issued face saving statements like "we will patrol the area" (sure, that's restoring status quo), and "will follow our infrastructure plan based on weather, ground situation, necessary changes, etc. etc. etc." with no specific timeline (sure, saving face is important). China officially informs the international community through their foreign ministry press conference that China will continue to patrol and station troops in Doklam and continue construction when weather permits. Most likely in February since Modi is coming in September and when the issue dies down, affording Modi some space from domestic media attacks.

7. On the ground, India has stopped Chinese illegal road construction, mutually deescalated the situation as China complied with Indian demands, and restored status quo. On the ground, Chinese troops are still present and road building activities will continue as per official Chinese statement.

Indian forces should have confiscated the bulldozers and sold them in chinese scrap market !

They deserved some crap *my bad* scrap !

:lol:

Let me do a little correction.

2. China tried to push around a small country like Bhutan by changing the ground positions there by building a road. Roads had already existed there in the form of low grade paths, China upgraded those paths to grade 40 roads until Doka La, roughly 30-40% deep in Doklam.

3. India moved in to honor its friendship treaty with Bhutan and made China stop the road construction with immediate effect, and asked China to withdraw its road construction equipment, restoring status quo. China informed India on this activity out of goodwill, instead of protesting they sent in troops. China gave warning in the first month for peaceful resolutions, mobilize troops in the second month and escalated in Ladakh sector to send a message about a two front war. India withdraws.

4. A military stand-off begins with hourly threats of war from China, India didn't budge from its demand, nor paid any attention to constant Chinese threats. India remained silent and tried to negotiate in Beijing, China stuck with the stand of no negotiations until withdrawals, Doval returns empty handed and China further escalated troop mobilizations.

5. After 70 days China meekly withdraw all the road construction equipment first, followed by a mutual military deescalation, thus restoring status quo. After 70 days, India unilaterally withdrew and didn't get any road cessation concession from China. China postpones construction using weather as an excuse to enable Modi to visit China in September.

6. China issued face saving statements like "we will patrol the area" (sure, that's restoring status quo), and "will follow our infrastructure plan based on weather, ground situation, necessary changes, etc. etc. etc." with no specific timeline (sure, saving face is important). China officially informs the international community through their foreign ministry press conference that China will continue to patrol and station troops in Doklam and continue construction when weather permits. Most likely in February since Modi is coming in September and when the issue dies down, affording Modi some space from domestic media attacks.

7. On the ground, India has stopped Chinese illegal road construction, mutually deescalated the situation as China complied with Indian demands, and restored status quo. On the ground, Chinese troops are still present and road building activities will continue as per official Chinese statement.

On the ground, India has stopped Chinese illegal road construction, mutually deescalated the situation as China complied with Indian demands, and restored status quo. :)

On the ground, India has stopped Chinese illegal road construction, mutually deescalated the situation as China complied with Indian demands, and restored status quo. :)

Q: Could you tell us that how many Chinese soldiers are still deployed at the Dong Lang area?

A: This is a very specific question. What I can tell you is that The Chinese border troops continue with their patrols and stationing in the Dong Lang area. China will adjust and deploy its military resources in accordance with the need of guarding the border and the situation on the ground.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2017-08/29/c_136565670.htm

We will make an overall assessment of the weather conditions and all related factors, and according to the actual circumstances complete construction plans for the Dong Lang (Doklam) area," spokesperson Hua Chunying told a daily news briefing.

:rofl:

Q: Could you tell us that how many Chinese soldiers are still deployed at the Dong Lang area?

A: This is a very specific question. What I can tell you is that The Chinese border troops continue with their patrols and stationing in the Dong Lang area. China will adjust and deploy its military resources in accordance with the need of guarding the border and the situation on the ground.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2017-08/29/c_136565670.htm

We will make an overall assessment of the weather conditions and all related factors, and according to the actual circumstances complete construction plans for the Dong Lang (Doklam) area," spokesperson Hua Chunying told a daily news briefing.

:rofl:

We also now have a permanent post in Doklam area, and keep constant watch on chinese activity. Don't forget to tag me when the 'weather conditions' are suitable and China restarts the road building in reality. :)

We also now have a permanent post in Doklam area, and keep constant watch on chinese activity. Don't forget to tag me when the 'weather conditions' are suitable and China restarts the road building in reality. :)
Bro, you have a permanent bunkers in Doka La, next to Doklam. I will bet my membership it will continue after Modi visit.

Back
Top Bottom