What's new

BrahMos SLCM will be Standard Weapon in India’s Project-75I Submarines: Report

fsayed

Reaction score
Country
India
http://idrw.org/brahmos-slcm-will-be-standard-weapon-in-indias-project-75i-submarines-report/

India’s Project-75I tender proposal to acquire Six New Stealth conventional Submarine is fast inching towards tender process stage and as per the latest media reports Indian Navy has informed all foreign Submarine design bureaus keen on participating in Indian Project-75I tender that Vertical launched BrahMos Submarine Launched Cruise Missile (SLCM) will be standard weapon fitment in selected Project-75I winner and all participating Submarine design should be able to accommodate them .

According to the reports, Rosoboronexport, Armaris, DCNS, Navantia, Kockums and HDW all of the foreign Submarine design bureaus who have shown interest in participating in Indian Project-75I tender have accepted condition set by Indian Navy.

A Submarine-launched version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile was successfully tested from an underwater pontoon off Visakhapatnam in 2013 and was declared fully ready for fitment in the ‘Project-75 India’ submarines of the Indian Navy in vertical launch configuration but delays in floating of the initial global tender RFP (request for proposal) meant that BrahMos SLCM never went into production but with recent entry of India into MTCR and India’s plans to develop a 800 km variant of the BrahMos in next 18 months will ensure that BrahMos SLCM will enter production with over 800km range which is considerable increase in range from previously tested 290km in 2013 .

India and Russia are also working on the development of BrahMos-NG which will be Smaller, lighter yet Mach 3 Supersonic Cruise Missile which will pack the same punch like its predecessor but will have a wider Platforms adaptability improving India’s firepower. BrahMos-NG can be launched from submarine torpedo tubes instead of a specially installed modular vertical launcher which will mean it can be later adopted on all Indian Conventional and Nuclear submarines even ones like Kalvari class submarine manufactured in India which is executed under previous Project-75 tender.

So, these subs will have some serious fire power
These will fry away Pakistan ships way away from war zone

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom