What's new

Featured BrahMos Missile Featuring Indigenous Booster Successfully Flight Tested

JNUite

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
BrahMos Missile Featuring Indigenous Booster Successfully Flight Tested
Posted On: 30 SEP 2020 2:28PM by PIB Delhi

BrahMos surface-to-surface supersonic cruise missile featuring indigenous Booster and Airframe Section along with many other ‘Made in India’ sub-systems was successfully flight tested for designated range at 1030 hours today on September 30, 2020 from ITR, Balasore in Odisha. It is one more major step in enhancing the indigenous content.

The BrahMos Land-Attack Cruise Missile (LACM) was cruising at a top speed of Mach 2.8.

Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh congratulated all the personnel of DRDO and team BrahMos for the spectacular mission. Dr G Satheesh Reddy, Secretary DD R&D and Chairman DRDO congratulated the scientific community and industry for this feat.

Today’s successful launch has paved the way for the serial production of the indigenous booster and other indigenous components of the powerful BrahMos Weapon System realising Atmanirbhar Bharat pledge.

The one weapon i think that is potent in the hands of indians is brahmos btw i was surprised to hear "successful "

The one weapon i think that is potent in the hands of indians is brahmos btw i was surprised to hear "successful "

This is old Soviet tech. That is why it was transferred to India by Russians. No one would transfer their state of the art weapons.

Congratulations to Russia for a successfull tech transfer with such a difficult client.

The fact that the Indians are still celebrating the Brahmos missile after all these years really shows how bad of a situation the Indian arms industry is in currently. I remember them saying Brahmos Number 1 all the way back in the 2000s ... almost fifteen years later and they are still revering over this outdated Soviet era missile.

This is old Soviet tech. That is why it was transferred to India by Russians. No one would transfer their state of the art weapons.

You are right, that's why China still need to buy Russian fighter jet and missile defence system cause China itself cant produce quality products.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom