What's new

BrahMos From On High

Geeeeez....... Brahmos has multi-profile flight path management system.Which means, it can fly at varrying altitudes right from launch either with user asigned/autonomous.It can fly from 30km to just 10m above sea level(while sea skimming).Ultimately looks like US people does know more than the missile developers themself.

This is utter nonsense in bringing an US product for evey tiny comparision.

Have you heard about drag reducing materials?
and on Brahmos can you tell me, that this part is not aerodynamic and is more prone to high drag?

A new method to reduce drag of high speed space vehicles

"As the chromium coating evaporates with the enormous frictional heat generated during hypersonic flight, it reacts with the oxygen atoms present in the atmosphere and produces chromium oxide,''Reddy said. ''This reaction is exothermic, that is producing more heat, thereby decreasing the density of the air around the nose of the missile. As the pressure reduces, so does the drag force, which in turn enables the missile to increase its range.''
domain-b.com : Indigenous technology to increase range of Indian missiles by a third

An exothermic reaction is a chemical reaction that releases energy in the form of heat.

I thought we were trying to reduce heat not increase it?

Last edited:
I thought we were try to reduce heat not increase it?
Absolutely.But you missed reading the link I provided,instead ran after a media frenzy report which choose only excerpts.
chrome coating is for hypersonic flights.I provided the link to just let you know about the developments in India,since you envinced your interest in knowing more about indian technological prowess.

But my questions on aerodynamics regarding brahmos were left unanswered.

Absolutely.But you missed reading the link I provided,instead ran after a media frenzy report which choose only excerpts.
chrome coating is for hypersonic flights.I provided the link to just let you know about the developments in India,since you envinced your interest in knowing more about indian technological prowess.

But my questions on aerodynamics regarding brahmos were left unanswered.

Regardless of where the quote is from it does not change the fact that both sources identify it as an exothermic reaction. The scientist credited with the discovery said the reaction "produces heat". So far you've failed miserably at providing any evidence of low RCS or insignificant IR signature - may be you should call up your CEO buddy if he is not too busy trying to find the first international customer for Brahmos :lol:

And I know about "Indian technological prowess" I work with research scientist and R&E centers in India, Japan, China, Russia, US , UK, Sweden,Canada and Norway.

Regardless of where the quote is from it does not change the fact that both sources identify it as an exothermic reaction. The scientist credited with the discovery said the reaction "produces heat". So far you've failed miserably at providing any evidence of low RCS or insignificant IR signature - may be you should call up your CEO buddy if he is not too busy trying to find the first international customer for Brahmos :lol:

And I know about "Indian technological prowess" I work with research scientist and R&E centers in India, Japan, China, Russia, US , UK, Sweden,Canada and Norway.

"Biography
I am a student from Houston Texas."

That's your Biography? What university lets you work in such places, would be very interested to know.

"Biography
I am a student from Houston Texas."

That's your Biography? What university lets you work in such places, would be very interested to know.

I had just completed my MBA and was unemployed when I joined PDF.
Today I'm a professional shopper :)

This is a meaning less rant.Chrome coating is meant for hypersonic missiles.Brahmos is not hypersonic..... got it?

Mr.Pillai is not my buddy.he is an honourable and distinguished scientist.Its not apt making fun of him.
Brahmos corp finding customers is not a big deal.But its all politics that drives the sale.Neither russian nor Indian interests should be at risk due to the potential sale.

Else, we can go and selling spree from Venezula,Argentina,Brazil,........Iran,Syria,S.A,Indonesia,Singapore,Vietnam,........
Aslo fullfiling Indian requirement is primary task,while exporting is secondary.Indian forces themself need over 1000 missiles and relevant equipment.

I am willing to admit I was wrong about supersonic cruise missiles if you can prove the Brahmos has low RCS, it cannot be detected,seduced or distracted and it is immune to ship defenses. Once you do this, I will personally write to Gates asking him to instruct all US Navy captain's to scuttle their ships when attacked by a Brahmos.

By the time you write to Gates, it will be too late by then, I fear. Brahmos doesn't give that much reaction time.

This is a meaning less rant.Chrome coating is meant for hypersonic missiles.Brahmos is not hypersonic..... got it?

Aren't you the one to introduce "Chrome Coating" as evidence to support your Brahmos has no IR signature theory?

Have you heard about drag reducing materials?
and on Brahmos can you tell me, that this part is not aerodynamic and is more prone to high drag?

A new method to reduce drag of high speed space vehicles

But its all politics that drives the sale.Neither russian nor Indian interests should be at risk due to the potential sale.

Else, we can go and selling spree from Venezula,Argentina,Brazil,........Iran,Syria,S.A,Indonesia,Singapore,Vietnam,........

You blame politics for poor international sales of Brahmos? Interesting :)

By the time you write to Gates, it will be too late by then, I fear. Brahmos doesn't give that much reaction time.

Brahmos is faster than email?:rofl: Why don't you put that in the Brahmos brochure along with the other outrageous claims made by your buddy Mauryan :lol:

Well Well - I don't want to take you guys off topic - but then before writing comments please understand what you write about a nation whose citizens have achieved extraordinary feats:

1. Aryabhatta - Invented the Numerals System and "0" without which no worthwile discovery was ever possible.

2. Invented Wireless Communication - Jagdish Chandra Bose - I believe he is the same guy after who the famous BOSE brand is names.

3. Vinod Dham - Without whose contribution your USofA would not have gone past the 486.

Some questions for you?

4. Why does Nasa employ so many Indians?

5. Heard of IIT - why do companies like McKinsey & Co. only look for graduates from IIT and they study on funding provided by institutions like MIT, Stanford, Harvard, etc

6. Why is Warren Buffets successor an Indian?

7. Why are Pepsi's and Citibank's CEOs Indians?

8. Why does Lockheed Martin employ Indians and to lure them also provide immediate PR.

Cmon really I believe if you wanted to make a derogatory statement like that then you would know if it was right or wrong to write something like that. In case you did not then you can ignore my post.

:cheers:

Brahmos is faster than email? Why don't you put that in the Brahmos brochure along with the other outrageous claims made by your buddy Mauryan

Its faster than you "think". Buy a cellphone.

By the way, you didn't explain to us yet. How a Stinger can shoot down a tomahawk?

I am sure academics(paper experts) in USA have a good "theory" on that. Just like F-22's paper RCS.

Last edited:
Cmon really I believe if you wanted to make a derogatory statement like that then you would know if it was right or wrong to write something like that. In case you did not then you can ignore my post.

:cheers:

Yes,India has an excellent pool of very skilled manpower, my firm would not have committed to a billion dollars in R&E investments in India over the next three years if it did not? I mentioned India in the same sentence as countries like Sweden, US and others that have excellent R&E credentials? What part of my statement did you find "derogatory"?

Its faster than you "think". Buy a cellphone.

By the way, you didn't explain to us yet. How a Stinger can shoot down a tomahawk?

I did, but you were so blinded by emotion you missed it.

Stinger is accurate and lethal
against helicopters, fixed-wing aircraft, small watercraft, cruise missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles. It is a lightweight,
fire-and-forget, two-color infrared/ultraviolet (IR/UV),
short-range air defense missile. Stinger’s agility, supersonic
speed, and advanced guidance and control system maximize
missile accuracy. Superior lethality is derived from
hit-to-kill accuracy, a high-explosive warhead and the impact force of Stinger

http://www.raytheon.com/capabilitie...ts/content/rtn_rms_ps_navstinger_datashee.pdf

Last edited:
Well Well - I don't want to take you guys off topic - but then before writing comments please understand what you write about a nation whose citizens have achieved extraordinary feats:

3. Vinod Dham - Without whose contribution your USofA would not have gone past the 486.

4. Why does Nasa employ so many Indians?

5. Heard of IIT - why do companies like McKinsey & Co. only look for graduates from IIT and they study on funding provided by institutions like MIT, Stanford, Harvard, etc

7. Why are Pepsi's and Citibank's CEOs Indians?

8. Why does Lockheed Martin employ Indians and to lure them also provide immediate PR.

These people have brains but they use it for USA. They take pride in USA, not India.

There is no point in calling those achievements as Indian.

If you need a proof of how much these Indian-American care about India, then ask Chemistry Nobel winner who refused to come to Presidential function in Delhi because he was "irritated" with Indian media-hype over his "Indian" origin.

The reality is that, most of Indian-Americans feel embarrassed to be called as "Indians". They prefer to be called as Indian-Americans. But they are not public with their deep dislike and hate towards India.

Back
Top Bottom