What's new

BrahMos From On High

Your knowledge base is quite empty regarding the Brahless as I have amply shown.
As you have amply failed to do so.

Claiming without supporting does not make you look any more credible. I can claim the US have a force field that wil turn the Brahless back against its launcher.
Obsolutely,I will agree if you can bring in the reports or statements or any videos proving that which I have no problem or ego in accepting.

gambit said:
Unbelievable...!!!

Got news for you, young man. Radar detection is NATURALLY dual mode: Transmit and Receive. This was discovered back in 1904...!!! But here you are boasting that India successfully mastered 'dual mode' radars...!!! This clearly indicated you know NOTHING about radar detection but are hell bent on posting something anyway.

A simple example that your are not updating yourself while going again and again after basic principles.

See, the highlighted part is a better example of how you are manuplating my replies.
this was my post
Maurya said:
Wakeup Sid, world is moving on.Even Indians themself mastered these dualmode seekers for their missile defence program(IR+radar seeker).
It was known though sources that the seeker development for their second phase ABM program was completed and was awaiting flight test on PDV/AAD-II
And now look at this:

New Eagle Eyes Dual-Mode Seeker Successfully Demonstrated
The U.S. Army's new Eagle Eyes dual-mode infrared/millimeter-wave radar (IR/MMW) seeker, supplied by Northrop Grumman, successfully detected, acquired, tracked, and struck a moving multiple rocket launcher during a Jan. 11 engineering flight test
It makes me laugh at your knowledge levels.You dont even know whats happening in you backyard and yet,you are commenting on others defence programs and developments? If you wanna do me a favor? Please get a life.

No one rules out the fact that basic radar principle is dualmode(which is Tx and Rx),but if you look at the block diagram I posted(I bet,you didnt even tried to understand it), it indicates an Active radar part(with both Tx/Rx) and again a seperate anti-radar(i.e Passive ) part with only Rx.

I hope that you find someone in the US patent office to find about Dual-mode Seekers which I am talking about.If you are lazier than me,then:
Dual-mode Radar seeker

gambit said:
I doubt it. A military ship can go into what is called Emission Control (EMCON) status when the ship does not transmit anything at all, from radar to communication radios. In this state, the only way a ship can become a radar emitter is when it is reflecting someone else's transmissions. You did not know this else we would have seen a caveat, or clarification, from you.
If the ships radars and other communication equipment were shut-off ,then the active seeker onboard has its say all the way.either ways you will get struck with one(either passive/active) while giving up urself to the other.

gambit said:
Wrong...Chaff have proven to be successful in blinding the seeking radar. Proven since WW II...

Chaff (countermeasure) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lol.... should I laugh at this ? or cry that we are not living in 1940`s but in 2010?
And its nothing new apart from the acknowledged fact that Chaff is still sucessfull against a weak enemy(means the one with no technological advancements).but its not a trademark that Chaff will be sucessfull forever and there will be no counter-measures.
gambit said:
There is nothing 'hypothetical' about chaff's success.
There is.period
this is what happens when someone only gets involved with one side of the development sphere while not getting aware of the other side of the sphere.

gambit said:
If you are an honest person, give the source from which you lifted what you posted. From your writing pattern so far, we can see that what you posted is not from you.
This has to be the most absurd thing I have heard in my life.I lifted the things from my experience and knowledge shelf.this is not something which is shop-lifting.But this is what comes through the involvement and being a consultant.Though my actual sphere of current position varry,but not un-related.Though I have a tendency of being lazy and not being a good teacher at most times,I usually only introduce stuff according to my comfort,but not to prove others that I am well aware of the stuff.

gambit said:
Anyway...

Note the important part: "...where STC is used to keep not only the target,but also the the signal that contains both target+clutter within the dynamic range...." What this mean is that the radar must have distinctions between target and clutter IN THE FIRST PLACE before the receiver part can perform MTI processing and everything else on the target. But if the Brahless cannot see the ship due to a noise blanket then ECCM is not possible.
You are wrong.It is immature to consider that a sensor fused system dont get its initial feeds from the OTH radars and other tracking systems.Even,if I have to initiate my launch sequence which is a mere <5 min from detection to putting the seeker in hot position I need my initial tracking data to be feed.
After all STC comes as just one of the integrated ECCM feature on a modern seeker.While there are so many other measures that can/will be applied either through addition of algorithms or through hardware.

gambit said:
More technical nonsense. Radar detection is NATURALLY dual modes: Transmit (active) and Receive (passive). If the system is mono-static, meaning it has only one antenna, then in order to have radar detection, the system must be a pulsed system. In a bi-static system, or configuration, there are two or more antennas but still at least one must be the transmitter (active) and others be receivers (passive). In a bi-static configuration, transmit and receive modes can be and usually are simultaneous.

YOUR problem here is the lack of clarity on what you are talking about regarding the Brahless' radar. You keep on repeating the useless words 'passive seeker' with nothing to define its operations. Not a single credible and independent source to say whatever it is that the Brahless has is somehow unique. The image you posted regarding this 'passive seeker' make no sense whatsoever. We can see by now that many of the things I posted about radar detection principles you have never heard of before.
Again going after the proven stuff.And making me repeat basic principles of operation to educate you.
Radar=RAdio Detection And Ranging.
Early radars were meant only to detect the presence of objects and ranging.Later popped in radars for mapping and 3D tracking of objects.And this Anti-radar(passive thing) was a spin-off,but wasnt originally intended for development.
Which clearly means that a basic radar does always consider both Tx and Rx modules no matter what people like you bark about.

NO. there will never be more than 2 antennas in a bi-static system.Hence the name Bi-static.While the ones with more than 2 are termed as multi-static.See, there is a hell lot of difference.

One of the best example of a multi-static is a stealth detection MIMO( multi In-multi Out).

Its not me whole is lacking clarity,but its you who is consistently failing to modify his/her own error and clearing his/her misconception.

gambit said:
Right...So according to you, all it takes to have a successful penetration of a chaff cloud is to add another capital 'C' in ECM. You claimed that against a chaff cloud, multiple Brahless at different altitudes would not be blinded by the chaff. This is a violation of the laws of physics and I showed you how wrong you were. All I see so far is a mindless repeat of ECCM as if that alone is enough.
ECCM is not as simple as adding a letter C.It a seperate field of R&D.It is just a waste of time and money ,me being developing a multi-million dollar system and let it fail agains some simple ECMs.
And the multiple brahmos(salvo launch) is another concept to make a hit certainly possible against high valued threats like AC which were often protected by battle groups.

gambit said:
So where did you get the idea that the Brahless is responsive to threat? You have no basis for this claim. Now it is even more obvious that you make sh!t up as you go along.
ITs integrated missile warning sensor.period

1) BrahMos is supposedly superior to Onyx.
It is superior.Not supossedly.

There is a valid reason why the Russians are now investing in GNSS-guided missiles
GLONASS is not a new concept.
Development on the GLONASS began in 1976, with a goal of global coverage by 1991. Beginning on 12 October 1982, numerous rocket launches added satellites to the system until the constellation was completed in 1995.

and why they decided to sell the conventionally-guided ones to you--precision.
Brahmos is also nuke capable.But its intentional use is of only conventional,untill the indian military dont feel the need of nuclear use.
It is only that India abides by the treaty in principle,but not when its interests were at stake.Russians acknowledged this.period

And no, you cannot hit US/UK/FR/RF's carriers with a 290km missile.

Certainly not.And its takes no genious like you to figure it out.

Though, I think you can sink the whole Chinese surface fleet with BrahMos if you can afford enough of those.
Hahah......
I dont think thats the proper wording at this instance when all 3 services of Indian military were inducting the system in numbers.

3) You don't fight a war with someone else's satellites.
There is no metric for that.And its not that simple to talk about this critical concept,which draws strategic ties into the equation.I wonder how the EU countries are fighting wars with US GPS?:what:

4) There is a fine line between regional and global NSs; it's not a matter of launching more medium orbits, but GEOs, and signals.
And we need an Aerospace engineer to realise that?

Now, Galileo and Compass are already competing for the same frequency. I don't think Russia is dumb enough to allow India to copy its signal, which took nearly 3 decades to develop.
Please.........please.... can you educate me further on that bolded part.I was totally lost in this mad mad world.

5) IRNSS is regional and has low postioning precision,
So you guage the precission of a navigational system by its regional and global nature?This is the first time ,I am hearing this.Fcuk my studies and profs during my garduation periods.They never told me this great logic.And we were thinking all these days was that ground reference stations were important than anything else :rofl:

intended for land/sea surveying.
So,the Indain defence minister met Mr.ao333333 during their week-end party and spilled some national secrets like using of IRNSS only for intended land/sea surveying,but not to deal with PAK,which might get support from US under any hypothetical war scenario,thereby shutting down the GPS signal .Sh!t the DM man.He never told me that the armed forces are wanting IRNSS for just surverying purposes.

It has yet to announce the capability to precision-guide supersonic missiles, which Russia and China decleared to possess after 10 years of R&D.
I donno what to put in respect to your reply.I am completely lost.Maybe I should give you a chance to educate me again :P regarding the actual supersonic missiles that got inducted into service after regorous testing and developmental phase.
6) The global system... You're being an awfully nationalistic Indian.
How is the propsal to expand the coverage has to do something with my nationality?
And you believe that India will spend its rest of the life with a bare 7 sats in the space for its navigational purpose?

7) Have you ever read defence budget allocations? I don't know if India publishes one but the United States does.
No Sir. I am literally new to the defence field :rofl:
And me know, no one in any defence force to tell me about their respective allocations.
a personal question from me is that,If this is the first time you have enouraged your spirits to get into defence related matters?

8) Person, I have been using GPS before India was covered with the signal. Please, don't insult India.
:hitwall::hitwall:

9) Those aside, I am impressed of how fast India's military is growing. In just a decade, with a lower defense budget, you guys have already exceeded China in terms of metallurgy, AShMs and carriers.
...............................literature..........................

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom