What's new

BRAHMOS best for defence: Indonesian Ambassador

rockstarIN

Reaction score
Country
India
BANGALORE (BNS): Indonesian Ambassador to India, H E Lt. Gen Andi M Ghalib, expressed keen interest in the BRAHMOS supersonic cruise missile while visiting the BrahMos Aerospace pavilion at Aero India, here.

2590758924d52638d7e334.jpg

The ambassador said “BRAHMOS missile will be the best for defence and hoped that it will be a successful project for the two countries.”

BrahMos Aerospace is participating at India’s premier air show Aero India, which began at Yelahanka Air Force Station in Bangalore.

The supersonic cruise missile BRAHMOS integrated with Sukhoi 30 MKI fighter aircraft on display is a major attraction at the air show.

BrahMos Aerospace is a joint venture between Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) and Military Industrial Consortium/MPO Machinostroyenia of Russia.

BRAHMOS cruise missiles with a range of 290 km are already in service in the Indian Army and Navy.

Will definitely cause some sweats in an already paranoid neighbor of Indonesia's.

Who are their main adversary in that region?, Malaysia?

I would look further down under.. and towards the small island nation.
Although the tiny island has more beef with Malaysia than Indonesia.
Having a system like brahmos would however create a greater drive for a stealthy fighter down under.. citing the need to attack such weapons on the ground before they launch.

Many countries including Indonesia are interested in Brahmos but production rate is slow. Indian Army alone ordered huge number of Brahmos missiles above navy orders. IAF will follow. So they need to speed up the production.

They are expanding the current production base in Hyderabad and the production base in Kerala will start producing Brahmos soon.

I would look further down under.. and towards the small island nation.
Although the tiny island has more beef with Malaysia than Indonesia.
Having a system like brahmos would however create a greater drive for a stealthy fighter down under.. citing the need to attack such weapons on the ground before they launch.

Is that tiny island under 290km range?

The brohmos which are exported to any-other country,it will be only Land launched or ship launched...

No air or Submarine...
So that it can be used for self defense only....

And we(Russia & India) don't want back fire from Brahmos..

I thought the 290km was going to be improved..
But it is possible it might not be.. MTCR anyone?
For India to develop a 1000km brahmos is possible.. it has a stake.. sell anything greater than 300km..not ..Legal :P

And yea.. I think the tiny island does come in range.

Good to know countries interested. But what will happen if Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia show interest. Whom we will sell it.

I thought the 290km was going to be improved..
But it is possible it might not be.. MTCR anyone?
For India to develop a 1000km brahmos is possible.. it has a stake.. sell anything greater than 300km..not ..Legal :P

And yea.. I think the tiny island does come in range.

In fact, I really believe that the published 290 km is just a publicity and it has more range than that. At least can increase by lowering the playload weight.

Good to know countries interested. But what will happen if Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia show interest. Whom we will sell it.

We will sell to all..!! except to the yellow fellows

Back
Top Bottom