What's new

Boys!!! Check this out : JSF

Adux

Reaction score
fa3a3818f43d06a7b5383d00603a4ece.gif

Picture: JSF helmet mounted display revealed
By Graham Warwick

Lockheed Martin has begun flying the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter with the helmet-mounted display (HMD) system that will be the primary source of flight information for pilots of the stealthy combat aircraft.

Developed by Vision Systems International (VSI), the HMD was used by chief test pilot Jon Beesley for the first time last week, on the 10th test flight of the F-35. Previous sorties were flown using only head-down instruments as the F-35 is the first fighter in decades to fly without head-up display (HUD).

The HMD provides a “virtual HUD” capability, says VSI, presenting flight symbology as well as displaying day and night imagery from the F-35’s 360° distributed-aperture infrared sensor and electro-optical targeting sensor.

Replacing the HUD with a helmet-mounted display requires precise head tracking and low-latency graphics processing, says VSI, the joint venture between Elbit Systems’ company EFW and Rockwell Collins that produces the Joint Helmet-Mounted Cueing System used in current US fighters.

Developing the JSF HMD has presented tough challenges, particularly clearing the helmet-mounted optics for safe ejection at speeds up to 450kt (830km/h). VSI says the HMD demonstrated structural integrity up to 600kt in tests leading to flight certification.

Want to read all about the JSF?

http://www.flightglobal.com/article...ture-jsf-helmet-mounted-display-revealed.html

Now that is what I call Amazing,

Elbit is an Israeli company

Now that is what I call Amazing,

Elbit is an Israeli company

You forgot the the fact that it is made in the U.S. NOT Israel. (U.S. law requires that any equipment used by U.S. forces has to be manufactured in the country)

The company in question is half owned by Rockwell

VSI - [ www.vsi-hmcs.com ]

Vision Systems International LLC (VSI) is a limited liability company based in San Jose, California. EFW and Rockwell Collins Inc. (Rockwell Collins), through Kaiser Electronics, each own 50% of VSI. Founded in 1996, VSI acts on a world-wide basis on behalf of Rockwell Collins/Kaiser and Elbit Systems/EFW in the area of helmet mounted display systems for fixed wing military and paramilitary aircraft. VSI performs marketing, project management, contract administration and systems engineering. Elbit Systems, EFW and Kaiser each have provided VSI with licenses to use their helmet mounted display technologies. In general, VSI subcontracts product development and production to its owners on an approximately equal basis. Each owner has equal representation in VSI's management.

VSI is the prime contractor to Boeing and Lockheed Martin for the design and manufacture of the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS) for the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy F-15, F-16 and F/A-18 aircraft. VSI also has contracts to supply helmet mounted systems for fighter aircraft to the Israel Air Force (IAF), the Danish Air Force and other customers. In addition, Lockheed Martin has awarded VSI a development contract for the helmet mounted system for the U.S. Joint Strike Fighter (JSF).

one of them is a F-22 replica, other one is a Rafale, look at the engine inlets. TV captures of the Wind Tunnel Models

one of them is a F-22 replica, other one is a Rafale, look at the engine inlets. TV captures of the Wind Tunnel Models

Thats another conversation.....

The relevant part is the Chinese person with a HMS prototype on their head. Oh and some of those pictures are from Chinese TV so they are gonna be from a fairly decent source

CCCTV,Propaganda source for me, But I am sure they are making strides

dude that helmet is so awsome. my god this plane will kick ***. china has its work cut out for it.

Pretty slick design I must say, really impressed. I would say its' looks outclasses that of the F-22 HMS system.

IF those guys could have contacted Oakley or Police....they could have made it a bit more slick and mean....

But I think the plane will be phased out in the very distant future because the USAF have just mastered the CUAV and now they are designing and manufacturing the system and this will replace the pilot with computer it is argued to best thing for the USAF because it there so no cost of life involved.

JSF is the cheaper version of the F-22.

Back
Top Bottom