What's new

Bored in Karachi

no brother diwali is gone now when tajiya's are put or from the place where the jalus goes from its always decorated with lights

i hope there are no festivals that day in mumbai i guess?

Hmmm.... okay guys, let's not go into the details of the reason why we are cooped up in our homes :(

Haleem, i want to eat some too, but too many calories dudes!

I'm missing Karachi,.......maan what a beautiful life there......especially cooking Moharram Haleem on streets.....sometimes we all neighbours buy a whole cow & use the meat to cook Haleem, everyone contribute money.

BTW why not watch T.V? & don't you have indoor games like Tennis/Badminton or scrabble/chess which you can play with your neighbouring friends?

I'm missing Karachi,.......maan what a beautiful life there......especially cooking Moharram Haleem on streets.....sometimes we all neighbours buy a whole cow & use the meat to cook Haleem, everyone contribute money.

BTW why not watch T.V? & don't you have indoor games like Tennis/Badminton or scrabble/chess which you can play with your neighbouring friends?

Neighbours all too old or too young.

No more muharram haleem on the streets - not on this side of town.

Anyone else whose streets had haleem?

So how many people here are from Karachi?

Or may be everyone else can join in too-

So brothers and sisters, no phone, no internet, no going out - how do you spend your (forced) days in?

Political people enjoy earning, from what ever is landing at Karachi port.
While others are busy earning their livelyhood.
Otherwise, Karachi is all destroyed, dusted and stupid traffic.

recently, i had a good trip in Karachi but will not tell the details because that can be targeted.

BTW.. all depends what you like and what is your circle and occupation.

Neighbours all too old or too young.

No more muharram haleem on the streets - not on this side of town.

Anyone else whose streets had haleem?
Oh my god

I feel like crying today

I remember people used to make Haleem on the eve of ashura? ----- You reminded me after 10 years

hmmm now I wonder why my aunt sent Haleem in our house today

Thanks for reminding this ritual to me

Oh my god

I feel like crying today

I remember people used to make Haleem on the eve of ashura? ----- You reminded me after 10 years

hmmm now I wonder why my aunt sent Haleem in our house today

Thanks for reminding this ritual to me

Don't forget the clay thootian with kheer as a Shia ritual too (Koonday).

Islambad here. Had haleem and different kinds of pullaos. Though I donot understand that why people make Haleems extra spicy.

Don't forget the clay thootian with kheer as a Shia ritual too (Koonday).

Yes I was talking to my sister and she reminded me about "thoothiyan" ---- It used to be very sweet and I always loved eating that. We had a "maa(n)-wara" (the Mosque of Shia's) just 5 minutes walk from my home and the entire jaloos get passed from our street so :D

I, have never been to Karachi, nor did @Elmo ever invite me over -Kanjoos:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Elmo pick up a hobby like photography and video that's what I'm doing...

Well i spend my day playing Dota 2 mostly, evenings i have been spending at Karachi Gymkhana but still its boring like hell because even commuting in so called "safe" areas like DHA or Clifton can make one nervous

Back
Top Bottom