What's new

Border issues won't affect China India ties: Says China

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Border issues won't affect China India ties: Says China

Asserting that it would not like the China India border issue to affect the development of bilateral ties, China today said the two countries should make efforts to seek "equitable and reasonable" resolution to the problem through dialogue.

"Both should seek equitable and reasonable resolution through dialogue and negotiations," Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei told a media briefing here.

"... we should maintain the peace and stability of the border area. We would not like the border issue to affect the development of bilateral relations," Hong said.

About China India relations, he said the two countries maintained sound and stable ties in recent years.

"Leaders of the two countries pointed out on many occasions that China and India enjoy broad prospects for the development of their bilateral ties and cooperation," he said.

"I believe that the development of China and India strategic cooperation will not only serve the fundamental interest of the two peoples but also regional peace, stability and development," he said.

On the concerns in India that China's plans to build a dam on Brahmaputra river in Tibet may reduce water flow, Hong said "China pays greater attention to the interest of the down stream areas."

"We have also adopted very responsible attitude in the development of cross water resources," he said.

Border issues won't affect Sino-India ties: China - India - DNA

India should recognize Aksai Chin as apart of China while in return China recognizes Arunachal pradesh as apart of India along with better water security for India that would end over 40 years of distrust and tension

India should recognize Aksai Chin as apart of China while in return China recognizes Arunachal pradesh as apart of India along with better water security for India that would end over 40 years of distrust and tension

Tell this to China man.But still there is no guaranty they won't demand arunachal again.

In other words, both the countries have shown respect to each other where it is due...very very mature.

I think you should give me the backyard of your house and surrender to what I say. How'd that be?

It is not what they say matters but what they do. Hasn't anyone here read the Art of War? :what:

this is the same language used after they have skirmish's w/ japan, Vietnam, Ph...
"Trust but verify" - Ronald Reagan..

I think you should give me the backyard of your house and surrender to what I say. How'd that be?

It is not what they say matters but what they do. Hasn't anyone here read the Art of War? :what:

I agree your sentiment Tshering. Legally we should claim that territory (Aksai Chin) as it is under the illegal occupation of the CHinese. But realistically we also should understand that getting back that land is next to impossible and if China is ready to acknowledge the McMahon line in the East then I think it is worth it.

I agree your sentiment Tshering. Legally we should claim that territory (Aksai Chin) as it is under the illegal occupation of the CHinese. But realistically we also should understand that getting back that land is next to impossible and if China is ready to acknowledge the McMahon line in the East then I think it is worth it.

well there is also the question of china occupied Kashmir. what India needs is a direct route into Afghanistan and other neighboring countries so as to not be dependent on pak or china airspace for trade.

well there is also the question of china occupied Kashmir. what India needs is a direct route into Afghanistan and other neighboring countries so as to not be dependent on pak or china airspace for trade.

There is more chance of hell freezing over before Pakistan/China decides to give us Northern Areas. They will rather part away with P.O.K(the 'Azad' Kashmir part) than Northern Areas because of their strategic importance.

The only realistic way is to legalize the status quo and everyone go their own way.

There is more chance of hell freezing over before Pakistan/China decides to give us Northern Areas. They will rather part away with P.O.K(the 'Azad' Kashmir part) than Northern Areas because of their strategic importance.

The only realistic way is to legalize the status quo and everyone go their own way.

china has more of a skin in this hunt. there is a far greater strategic value for them to keep their region duress free-i.e. huge indian market for economic trade, little to none military expenditure and allocation on its southern borders - like the US has with Mexico and Canada. It might be a pipe dream but its worth discussing.

Aksai Chin is a barren mountainous land with no strategic need you want to fight over it? so be it but then again did India ever have or control Aksai Chin?

Aksai Chin is a barren mountainous land with no strategic need you want to fight over it? so be it but then again did India ever have or control Aksai Chin?

You are mistaken.

The road to Xinjiang from Tibet runs through Aksai Chin and as such is of huge strategic value.

china has more of a skin in this hunt. there is a far greater strategic value for them to keep their region duress free-i.e. huge indian market for economic trade, little to none military expenditure and allocation on its southern borders - like the US has with Mexico and Canada. It might be a pipe dream but its worth discussing.

They are getting an even more better objective of keeping the region in the boil through their proxies while at the same time doing everything that you have mentioned in the post.

That's the real deal.

The biggest loser of a India-Pak peace is no else other than China. Thats why I think a silent China is much greater threat than a brash Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom