What's new

Book Review - THE INDIA DOCTRINE (1947-2007)

The concept of Islamic nation has been dead for a long time
Becuase there are muslims like you who would want muslims to suck upto hindus .
Yes, and you are Salahudeen I presume? Stop being an Internet Warrior and do your bit for Islam by Praying to Allah to alleviate the Grievances of Fellow Brothers and Sisters!

so now u want relations with gulf countries! Have u been to to gulf to see ur fellow citizens work there? Guess not! Saudi arabia is stopping Bangladeshi visas as soon as the Nepalis replace them, becoz it seems according to a report published, Bangladeshis are involved in the most crimes! Please dont suck up to any country, be it India or any other so called Islamic country. The concept of Islamic nation has been dead for a long time.

Stop typical indian propaganda here. Last year it turned out indian committed crime but indian state machinary used their newspaper dominance to portray Bangladeshis as criminal. Saudis came to know about these BS later in the game.

Saudis still issue close to thousand visa daily to Bangladeshis. Most of our remittance come from gulf so its only logical to have policy and people (minister) who running it, get close these countries. In your motivated propaganda blitz its only fitting to label this as “suck up” but in reality its much deeper relation that you simply do not have the depth to fathom.

oh if you have constructive to say stick to the topic

so now u want relations with gulf countries! Have u been to to gulf to see ur fellow citizens work there? Guess not! Saudi arabia is stopping Bangladeshi visas as soon as the Nepalis replace them, becoz it seems according to a report published, Bangladeshis are involved in the most crimes! Please dont suck up to any country, be it India or any other so called Islamic country. The concept of Islamic nation has been dead for a long time.

So we are criminals now. please Ahmed (if that your real name) keep your unworthy opinions to your self. I am not interested to get any ideas from you as I am well aware how bangladehi living over seas. I happen to know some Arabs and I find nothing negetive about them. We are Good or bad Muslims need to stick together as according to qur'an and teaching of our beloved profit Muhammad( PBUH). That just me but you are entitle to your believes......thanks

Stop typical indian propaganda here. Last year it turned out indian committed crime but indian state machinary used their newspaper dominance to portray Bangladeshis as criminal. Saudis came to know about these BS later in the game.

Saudis still issue close to thousand visa daily to Bangladeshis. Most of our remittance come from gulf so its only logical to have policy and people (minister) who running it, get close these countries. In your motivated propaganda blitz its only fitting to label this as “suck up” but in reality its much deeper relation that you simply do not have the depth to fathom.

oh if you have constructive to say stick to the topic
Please, dont be so sour and blame us Indian. If people like you increase in numbers, Bangladesh will go down the pit for sure. God Speed

So we are criminals now. please Ahmed (if that your real name) keep your unworthy opinions to your self. I am not interested to get any ideas from you as I am well aware how bangladehi living over seas. I happen to know some Arabs and I find nothing negetive about them. We are Good or bad Muslims need to stick together as according to qur'an and teaching of our beloved profit Muhammad( PBUH). That just me but you are entitle to your believes......thanks
how can good and bad muslims stick together? Havent our Propher Mohammed PBUH warned us against Hypocrites?? Please study the Quran and Sunnah properly and become inspired to work for your nation from it. Benefit Mankind!

I never Said BDs are criminals, I am stopping to post here and will NEVER post in any Bangldeshi related Topic because I have been Insulted. You have questioned my religious affinity and for the Zillionth time the Moderator checked on me to see if I am a Muslim or not and he was satisfied.

Last edited:
Please, dont be so sour and blame us Indian. If people like you increase in numbers, Bangladesh will go down the pit for sure. God Speed

Bangladesh goes down or not that is its own affair. Why the hell indian like you lecturing here and interfering in it? Are you upset that another RAW asset Dipumoni has exposed?

OR you just can't stay away without interfering in other affair? Just like india interfere in its neighbors internal affairs, Just like india use RAW to destablize and hijack other country and people. You are mad that Mr. Munshi exposed that in his book. Well try to correct yourself rather than whine about the facts.

The fact of the matter is that the Indian leadership doesn't know how to maintain cordial relationships with any country. At one point of time we and the Bangladeshis were friends and allies but after 1971 we tried to boss over them since we had won them their own country. It is this unnecessary bullying which has now turned them against us and towards the Pakistanis!

On the other side look at the Indo-Israel relationship. The Israelis are helping us in so many different ways but how do we reward them? We ignore the death of their (Israeli) citizens at Nariman House and then protest their action in Gaza where they are just trying to defend their country?!!

The Indian government should learn how to treat its small neighbours with respect and consideration. Now just look at the mess we have, we are ringed by enemies on all our sides because of our foolish pride and ego.

I never Said BDs are criminals, I am stopping to post here and will NEVER post in any Bangldeshi related Topic because I have been Insulted. You have questioned my religious affinity and for the Zillionth time the Moderator checked on me to see if I am a Muslim or not and he was satisfied.

No brother,you have every right to post in Bangladeshi topics.Because you are way better than those Indians in Indian forums.You are always welcome.

I am apologising on behalf of every BD members.
We should not doubt anyone's religion,it is said in Islam.We can not say a muslim a kafir.

how can good and bad muslims stick together? Havent our Propher Mohammed PBUH warned us against Hypocrites?? Please study the Quran and Sunnah properly and become inspired to work for your nation from it. Benefit Mankind!

Sure I am geting advice from some who desn't believe in Islamic Ummah. Profit Muhammed (PBUH) also warned us from Munafiq................

Yes, and you are Salahudeen I presume?

So in your opinion to think about muslims one must be salahudin .
Stop being an Internet Warrior and do your bit for Islam by Praying to Allah to alleviate the Grievances of Fellow Brothers and Sisters!

Mr Sid , you are too much presumptuous . If Im Internet warior then what are you ?.And stop bieng sanctimonious and worrying about my prayers , that is my personal matter and can you explain how do my prayers alleviate the Grievances of Fellow Brothers and Sisters! ? For your kind of muslims who want to reduce islam to prayers and more prayers without any coherernt social thought let me post a couplet from Allama Iqbal
"Mullah ko jo hai hind main sajday ki ijaazat
Naadan yeh samajhta hai ki islam hai azaad "

In english it translates into something like this
" Just becuase he can offer prayers sanctimonious priest thinks that all is well with Islam "
I could have been translated in far better way but for my linguistic ablities .

No brother,you have every right to post in Bangladeshi topics.Because you are way better than those Indians in Indian forums.You are always welcome.

I am apologising on behalf of every BD members.
We should not doubt anyone's religion,it is said in Islam.We can not say a muslim a kafir.

@ leon
Speak for yourself. No one gave you any authority to speak on be half of them. Its for your kind of people, indian get invited to interfere in our internal matter.

What a disgrace....

Optimism and pessimism in Bangladesh

Salah Uddin Shoaib Choudhury

Indian journalist Subir Roy sees the lanslide victory of Bangladesh Awami League in recently concluded general election as ‘peaceful revolution’. Commenting on the election, he said, “The just concluded elections in Bangladesh can turn out to be the most significant in its history and carry the potential to have a significant impact well beyond its borders on the entire subcontinent. “And what a verdict! In an age when the whole world, not the least the subcontinent, is reeling under the impact of Islamic fundamentalism, a Muslim majority country has of its own volition firmly rejected the religious option — the Bangladesh National Party-led group which had among its members the fundamentalist Jamaat-e-Islami — by not one seat or two but giving it only 30 out of 299 seats and handing down a chance to the winning Awami League-led group to amend the constitution if it wishes to. The latter fought the elections on two demands — roti, [bread] kapda, [clothe] makaan [housing] etc and bringing to book the criminals who had opposed the 1971 war or liberation.”

Leading newspaper Indian Express, commenting on the just concluded election in Bangladesh said, “The two parties had debased the country’s politics into a Punch-and-Judy show of non-co-operation and vindictive retaliation. The army hoped to purge them, jailing both Sheikh Hasina and Mrs. Zia for a year on corruption charges, along with some of their senior henchmen, and trying in vain to send the two “begums” into exile. But the parties and their leaders proved to have stubborn roots, and the army had to relent. The begums were freed and Bangladeshi politics has resumed its five-yearly anti-incumbency cycle.”

Anyway, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has already selected her cabinet colleagues and for the first time included number of new faces in important portfolios including female MPs in the foreign and home ministries.

Eminent Awami League leader Advocate Sahara Khatun has become Bangladesh’s first female home minister. In political arena, Sahara, who is still single, is known as a very tough individual. But, of course, there is a big question if she will finally be able to keep neutrality in delivering her responsibility as the home minister will be under tremendous pressure in dropping all the charges [corruption, terrorism etc] which were brought against Awami League activists as well as members of the Grand Alliance. She will even have pressure from Jatiyo Party in dropping all charges against former military dictator Hussain Muhammed Ershad as well as many of the most corrupt Jatiyo Party men.

Physician and lawyer Dr. Dipu Moni has become the foreign minister in Bangladesh, which is also the first ever appointment of any female politician in such extremely important portfolio. Very young in age as well virtually naïve in international politics, Dr. Dipu although is known to be a very tough individual as party activist on streets, how she will manage the extremely crucial responsibility as the foreign minister is again a big question. It is widely rumored in Bangladesh that Sheikh Hasina has intentionally chosen Dr. Dipu as the foreign minister first of all to create a huge stunt as she is the first ever female foreign minister in Asia, while the Prime Minister wanted to reward Dipu Moni for her tremendous contribution towards the party as well unconditional loyalty towards Sheikh Hasina.

Most importantly, all the faces in the cabinet are certainly against the theme of political reform and they are rather supportive of continuation of dynastic politics in Bangladesh. And, of course, most of the people in the cabinet are with clean image, except a very few such as Enamul Huq Mustafa Shahid [Social Welfare Minister], Engineer Mosharraf Hussain [Expatriate Ministry] and Syed Abul Hossain [Ministry of Communication]. It may be mentioned here that, Syed Hussain was dropped from the Awami League cabinet during party’s 1996-2001 term, due to massive controversy and corruption.

Let us have some glimpse over the black spots on the mentioned three important members in the present cabinet:

Enamul Huq Mustafa Shahid:

Known as a brief less lawyer, is rather known to be a political tout, whose main profession is lobbying in favor of fishermen community in Sylhet division. Although many would argue that Mustafa Shahid won elections in six consecutive parliaments, they fail to realize a fact that, almost sixty per cent of the voters in his constituency are tea garden workers, who are from religious minority group and they blindly vote for Awami League’s symbol instead of considering the man.

Enamul Huq Mustafa Shahid has cheated a number of his clients in past while it is even learnt that his main profession was collecting bribe using names of ministers and other officials belonging to land ministry since independence of the country. Although he is a lawyer by ‘profession’, he was never seen in either lower or higher courts in Bangladesh while his main ground of activities had always been Bangladesh Secretariat, for obvious reason.

Sheikh Hasina has surely selected a very wrong person, or at least has created opportunity for a confirm tout in the ministry for reason unknown.

Engineer Musharraf Hussain:

He is known as a member of Peace Committee, which was formed during the war of liberation of Bangladesh to collaborate with Pakistani occupation forces. Engineer Musharraf will surely be in the list of those anti liberation figures as well as a war criminal if Bangladesh will start trying the war criminals. But, Sheikh Hasina has included this man in her cabinet, which continues to utter slogans against war criminals, just because, Engineer Musharraf’s son married Sheikh Hasina’s daughter Saima Wajed Putul.

By including a known war criminal like Engineer Musharraf Hussain, surely the present government has hurt the anti war criminal sentiment of millions of people in Bangladesh.

Syed Abul Hussain:

He faces several corruption charges and was even dropped by Sheikh Hasina during 1996-2001 tenure on several serious charges. But, this time again, this unclean man is in the cabinet and even is rewarded a much important portfolio for reason unknown. Some critics are already saying that reason behind placing Syed Abul Hussain in the Communication Ministry is to ensure smooth collection of ‘party fund’ from various large projects during the next five year tenure of the present government.

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina showed her charisma by dropping all the heavy weight leaders, for their either involvement in corruption or for their secret affiliation with the military controlled interim government, but, it is a big question as to why she could not ignore a most controversial man like Engineer Musharaaf Hussain or Syed Abul Hussain.

People of Bangladesh are really seeing big hope under the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and truly want to see a prosperous country in short span of time. They have given massive mandate to Bangladesh Awami League and the Grand Alliance just because, they [the people] were totally frustrated with limitless corruption and nepotism of BNP led Islamist coalition and senseless military controlled interim government.

Weeklyblitz.net : Internet Edition

Since there is no response to the last posting I should claim victory on this debate. Now we can move back to topic.

Back
Top Bottom