What's new

Bombings across Iraq kill 21+ people

Takaavar

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Bombings across Iraq kill at least 21 people: police
BAGHDAD | Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:44am EDT

(Reuters) - Car and roadside bombs in Baghdad and predominantly Shi'ite provinces of Iraq killed at least 21 people on Sunday, police sources said.

No group immediately claimed responsibility of Sunday's the attacks, which appeared coordinated, but Sunni Islamist insurgents, including an al Qaeda affiliate, have been regaining momentum in recent months.

More than two years of civil war in neighboring Syria have aggravated deep-rooted sectarian divisions in Iraq, fraying an uneasy government coalition of Shi'ite, Sunni and ethnic Kurdish factions.

The deadliest attacks were in the city of Hilla, where two parked car bombs exploded simultaneously near a busy market and a third blew up near a vehicle repair workshop killing nine people in total, police said.

"I was about to get my breakfast in a nearby restaurant when a huge explosion happened and smoke and dust filled the place. Before I had taken a step forward another explosion happened," witness Abu Ahmed, who runs a grocery store, said.

"I ran to check on my son who was covering for me in my shop and found him covered with blood among many other bodies. There is no trace left of my shop."

Another explosion took place in the oil-exporting southern city of Basra, where a car bomb blew up near another vehicle repair workshop killing five people, and another car bomb in the city of Kerbala killed two others, police said.

In the capital, three security personnel were killed when a car bomb exploded near the convoy of the deputy head of Baghdad provincial council, and two more were killed in a roadside bomb blast near a commercial street in a western district.

About 800 Iraqis were killed in August, according to the United Nations, with more than a third of the deadly attacks happening in Baghdad.

The bloodshed, 18 months after U.S. troops withdrew from Iraq, has stirred concerns about a return to the sectarian slaughter of 2006-7, when the monthly death toll sometimes topped 3,000.

(Reporting by Ali al-Rubaie in Hilla, Aref Mohammed in Basra, Kareem Raheem in Baghdad; Writing by Suadad al-Salhy; Editing by Alison Williams)

Bombings across Iraq kill at least 21 people: police | Reuters

------------

RIP to victims
Death to murderers

Dont post such news in this section its strictly military related. Don't you fking read.

Defence and military discussions on the Arab countries. NO DISCUSSIONS ON ARAB AFFAIRS, post them in the Middle East & Africa section

Foreign SAUDI ND QARARI AGENTS r doing this killing iraqis THESE FOREIGN SAUDI ND QATARI AGENTS HIDE BW SUNNIS ND conduct these cowardly ACTS SUNNIS SHOULD EXPELL ND HANDOVER THESE FOREIGN SAUDI ND QARARI AGENTS 2 IRAQI ARMY ND IRAQI SECURITY FORCES or SHIITES ND SHIITE MILITIAS LIKE AL MAHDI ARMY ND BADR BRIGADES WILL GO ON A RAMPAGE AGAINST SUNNIS nd even the IRAQI ARMY ND IRAQI SECURITY FORCES WONT B able 2 control the SITUATION THEN SO SUNNIS SHOULD HANDOVER THESE foreign SAUDI ND QATARI AGENTS 2 IRAQI ARMY ND IRAQI SECURITY FORCES.

I Dont know y IRAQI SEUCRITY FORCES ND IRAQI ARMY r QUITE ND IS NOT DOING ANYTHING or conducting ANY OPERATION AGAINST THESE SO CALLED AL QAEDA= ALCIA DA FOREIGN SAUDI ND QATARI AGENTS IN IRAQ EVEN the raid on MKO CAMP IN IRAQ was conducted by the PEOPLE OF IRAQ ND RELATIVES OF THE PEOPLE WHO WERE KILLED BY THESE MKO IRANIAN THUGS now its high time IRAQI SECURITY FORCES ND IRAQI ARMY CONDUCTS OPERATIONS ND RAIDS AGAINST THESE FOREGIN SAUDI ND QATARI AGENTS AL QAEDA= ALCIA DA ACROSS IRAQ OR THE PEOPLE OF IRAQ WILL TAKE MATTERS INTO THEIR OWN HANDS FOR THEIR SECUIRTY.

@Takaavar

You should have posted this in the ME section buddy. Not the defense section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, my mistake, @mods please move it

Last edited by a moderator:
Its the Saudis killing Shia, trying to bring down the government so they can put their own puppets in power.

PressTV - Saudi Arabia behind armed terrorism in Iraq: former Iraqi official

It wont happen. But they will kill many civilians in their attempts.....very soon saudi arabia will have to deal with this in their country of slaves.....how will they like a taste of their own medicine? Everything gets paid for in life....the blood of innocents and betrayal has the highest price...

Its the Saudis killing Shia, trying to bring down the government so they can put their own puppets in power.

PressTV - Saudi Arabia behind armed terrorism in Iraq: former Iraqi official

It wont happen. But they will kill many civilians in their attempts.....very soon saudi arabia will have to deal with this in their country of slaves.....how will they like a taste of their own medicine? Everything gets paid for in life....the blood of innocents and betrayal has the highest price...

PressTV :lol: the Mullahs' propaganda machine :lol:

I don't know what is wrong with you but it appears to me that your mindset and mentality only understand the culture of masters and slaves. So sorry!

Yes its press tv. So what? Its not owned by zionists or saudi arabian mullahs...u mad? Haha. The content is whats important....iraqi leaders know you dirty wahabis are sending terrorists to kill innocent civilians.....cant wait once you dirty apes get a taste of your own medicine.......its coming very soon.......

PressTV :lol: the Mullahs' propaganda machine :lol:

I don't know what is wrong with you but it appears to me that your mindset and mentality only understand the culture of masters and slaves. So sorry!

UMadBro?

Shove PissTV in a place the sun can't go through :lol:

Yes its press tv. So what? Its not owned by zionists or saudi arabian mullahs...u mad? Haha. The content is whats important....iraqi leaders know you dirty wahabis are sending terrorists to kill innocent civilians.....cant wait once you dirty apes get a taste of your own medicine.......its coming very soon.......

UMadBro?

Shove PissTV in a place the sun can't go through :lol:

" a place the sun cant go through"? Hahahaha.....what kind of dirty saudi babble is this? Supposed to be a joke? Iraq and its people know saudis are sending terrorists........the world knows.......you cowards have been unmasked.............all the money in the world wont save you from whats coming your way.........

Another bloody event

A bomb has been exploded outside the Sunni mosque of Eid al-Adha in the northern Iraqi city of Kirku
This has caused the death of 12 people and at least 24 wounded people
It seems that Irag has also suffured a spillover of violence from the conflict in Syria

FNOTW: A bomb in Iraq - 12 people has been killed

Back
Top Bottom