What's new

Bomb rocks India embassy in Kabul

No, not anyone who is not with Pakistan. Anyone who is part of the Northern Alliance.

Why?

Did they not fight for Afghanistan?

Or is it because a large majority of NA is Shia?

Karzai is a Pashtun and a Sunni.

I am aware that there are refugees in Iran. I did not say Iran never got Afghan refugees. But we are not talking about Iran. We are talking about Pakistan and Afghanistan, so the refugees to Pakistan are relevant, not those to Iran.

If you are aware then why did you mention that Pakistan alone took the burden?

Yes, her picture is famous the world over. As you say, she is an ordinary Afghan. Sharbat Gula took refuge in Pakistan, along with millions of Afghans. Won't she be grateful?
Take a little time to study the picture.

How is she ordinary?

I don't think anyone is grateful after the event. The US has given you so much of help when you needed right from Ayub's time. I don't find any gratefulness from Pakistan or Pakistanis. See how many here show US flags along with Pakistani ones. I don't see any gratefulness inside of enjoying the hospitality of the US and US soil!

It's entranced people the world over. She stayed in Nasir Bagh refugee camp during the Soviet invasion. Isn't she an example of an ordinary Afghan? Don't you think she would be grateful to Pakistan? As you said, very common

Staying in a refugee camp does not make a person ordinary. As for as gratefulness, see the above.

Give facts.
Sir,

Please read Charlie Wilson's biography, the US Congressman behind the Mujahideen, you will find your facts there.

Arming the Afghans was in your interest and nothing that made Afghanistan any better. In fact, it invited the US and now they are dictating terms to you ( a sovereign country), which you have to agree whether you like it or not!!
US approched Pakistan and not the other way around, we were under US' embargo at that time.

Wilson made an unexpected jouney to Pakistan and met General Zia-ul-Haq who dictated him the terms for his assistence.
It was Wilson who convinved Egypt and even Israel to sell Sovjet made weapons to Afghanistan via Pakistan. Under Wilson's watch US' financial aid to Afghanistan increased from merely $5 million in 1980 to $1 billion by the end of Sovjet invasion.

Soviet-Afghan war
Main article: Operation Cyclone
In 1980, Wilson read an Associated Press dispatch on the congressional wires describing the refugees fleeing Soviet-occupied Afghanistan. According to biographer George Crile III, Wilson called the staff of the United States House Appropriations Committee dealing with "black appropriations", and requested a two-fold appropriation increase for Afghanistan. As Wilson was just named to the United States House Appropriations Subcommittee on Defense, responsible for funding CIA operations, his request went through.[7]

That was not the last time he increased the CIA budget for its Afghan operation. In 1983, he won $40 million more — with $17 million especially for anti-aircraft weapons to shoot down Mil Mi-24 Hind helicopters. [8] The next year, CIA officer Gust Avrakotos directly approached Wilson – breaking the CIA's policy against lobbying Congress for money – asking Wilson for $50 million more. Wilson agreed and convinced Congress, saying that "The U.S. had nothing whatsoever to do with these people's decision to fight ... but we'll be damned by history if we let them fight with stones." [9] Later, Wilson succeeded in giving the Afghans $300 million of unused Pentagon money before the end of the fiscal year. [10] Thus, Wilson directly influenced the level of U.S. support for the Afghan Mujahideen. Wilson has said that the covert operation succeeded because "there was no partisanship or damaging leaks."[11]

Charles Wilson (politician - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

For the common Afghans you have done nothing! Unless you think terrorism is a gift!
More than 4 million Afghan refugees were allowed to stay on our soil, a whole new generation started here while fed by our government and small donations from the rest of the world. Without our help the Afghan population would have been decimised.
They looted our economy, spoilt the cities with cheap and illegal labor and even today we're dealing with aftermath of our hospitality to these parasites.
Approx 5 million Pakistanis are addicted to heroin thanks to these people.

The question should not be what we have done for Afghanistan but what price we've paid for helping this unthankful nation.

Why?

Did they not fight for Afghanistan?

Or is it because a large majority of NA is Shia?

Karzai is a Pashtun and a Sunni.

NA is an Indo-Russo-Irani backed organization. And it has always shown hostilty towards Pakistan.

How is she ordinary?

What?? What do you mean? Of course she's an ordinary Afghan. What makes her special?

Staying in a refugee camp does not make a person ordinary. As for as gratefulness, see the above.

I didn't say it did. She was an ordinary Afghan, that's what I said.

Sir,

Please read Charlie Wilson's biography, the US Congressman behind the Mujahideen, you will find your facts there.

I am aware of Charlie Wislon, the Texaqs Congresmen and his activities. In fact, he was also the prime mover for US intervention in Nicaragua. However, one must not forget Henry Kissinger, who was a prime mover and interestingly, he was a Jew. He is the person who found Pakistan ideal bulwark against Communism and Afghanistan and Brzezinski is the one who hammered out the plot at Islamabad after visiting Cairo!

I don't go much by Charlie Wilson since he is a Texan and Texans tend to overdo and publicise their contribution a little more larger than life!

US approched Pakistan and not the other way around, we were under US' embargo at that time.

I believe Zia organised and the US paid and armed. The activities were in tandem with Pakistan in the forefront and active.

Wilson made an unexpected jouney to Pakistan and met General Zia-ul-Haq who dictated him the terms for his assistence.
It was Wilson who convinved Egypt and even Israel to sell Sovjet made weapons to Afghanistan via Pakistan. Under Wilson's watch US' financial aid to Afghanistan increased from merely $5 million in 1980 to $1 billion by the end of Sovjet invasion.

It was Brzezinski, the National Security Advisor who was the prime mover and he actual person who was doing the legwork.

More than 4 million Afghan refugees were allowed to stay on our soil, a whole new generation started here while fed by our government and small donations from the rest of the world. Without our help the Afghan population would have been decimised.
They looted our economy, spoilt the cities with cheap and illegal labor and even today we're dealing with aftermath of our hospitality to these parasites.
Approx 5 million Pakistanis are addicted to heroin thanks to these people.

The question should not be what we have done for Afghanistan but what price we've paid for helping this unthankful nation

That is true that Pakistan gave shelter to the Afghans and there is no second opinion about that. However, one cannot forget that Iran also gave shelter and both did so uncomplaining. To claim or insinuate that Pakistan alone did so, is what I am trying to point out.

As far as ungrateful people who are given that could be said of so many! That is life!

I am aware of Charlie Wislon, the Texaqs Congresmen and his activities. In fact, he was also the prime mover for US intervention in Nicaragua. However, one must not forget Henry Kissinger, who was a prime mover and interestingly, he was a Jew. He is the person who found Pakistan ideal bulwark against Communism and Afghanistan and Brzezinski is the one who hammered out the plot at Islamabad after visiting Cairo!

So, what's your point? If he was a Jew, what's wrong with that?

I don't go much by Charlie Wilson since he is a Texan and Texans tend to overdo and publicise their contribution a little more larger than life!
If you start stereotyping, you won't really be able to trust anyone.
But that sounds like you.:lol:

I believe Zia organised and the US paid and armed. The activities were in tandem with Pakistan in the forefront and active.

Zia was Pakistan's leader. The US needed Pakistan as a barrier to the spread of the Soviet Union. They paid him and armed him, and he organized the defence, as is customary. What's so special about that?

Hekmatyar’s group blames NA for Indian embassy attack

PESHAWAR: The Hizb-e-Islami Afghanistan (HIA) of Afghanistan’s former premier Gulbuddin Hekmatyar has blamed the Northern Alliance (NA) for the suicide attack on the Indian embassy in Kabul last week. In a statement issued on Tuesday, the HIA said the alliance backed such terrorist attacks due to its animosity towards Pakistan. The statement dismissed Afghan President Hamid Karzai’s allegations that Pakistan was behind the attack on the Indian embassy. Certain leaders holding positions in Karzai’s cabinet belonged to the NA, the statement said, adding that those leaders were persecuting their own countrymen. “Those [NA] people want to create differences between India and Pakistan with such tactics,” said the HIA statement issued in Pushto. Leaders of the alliance had killed Afghans along with the Red Army in past, it said, and now they are cohorts of the Americans. The HIA condemned the killing of innocent people in attacks by warring groups, and directed its “mujahideen” to avoid targeting civilians. Hekmatyar is the founder of the , and held the office of from 1993 to 1994 and again in 1996-97. staff report

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom