What's new

Bomb hits Pakistan's spy agency in northwest

parihaka

Reaction score
My apologies if this in in the wrong place

PESHAWAR, Pakistan — A powerful bomb targeted the offices of Pakistan's main spy agency in the northwestern city of Peshawar on Friday, tearing down much of the building and causing several casualties, witnesses said.

The blast struck at the heart of the agency overseeing much of the anti-terror campaign in the border regions with Afghanistan, where al-Qaida and Taliban leaders are believed to be hiding out.

It was the latest in a string of attacks on security forces, civilian and Western targets since the government launched an offensive in mid-October against the Taliban's main stronghold in the border region of South Waziristan.

An Associated Press reporter on the scene within minutes of the explosion saw at least eight dead or badly wounded bodies being taken away. The blast destroyed much of the three-story building belonging to the Inter-Services Intelligence agency and many cars on the street outside.

The reporter said it was the loudest explosion in recent years in the city, which is a militant hub and has seen at least four major attacks in the last month.

The government has said the militant attacks will not dent the country's resolve to pursue the offensive in South Waziristan, where officials say the most deadly insurgent network in Pakistan is based.
Source

Yes I heard the blast at about 6:45 PM. I live about 5Km away from the location of the blast and the blast was so strong that it shook the windows of my house, and the children who were about to get to school, were so terrified that they couldn't go to schools.

The most secured area in Peshawar have been targeted today and the building which has become a pile of rock now, belonged to ISI (I believe).

Ythe blast was so strong that it shook the windows of my house, and the children who were about to get to school, were so terrified that they couldn't go to schools.
Your children have my sympathy, for the experience you describe was my first personal exposure to terrorism as well.

7 killed in blast at spy agency in NW Pakistan

By RIAZ KHAN (AP) – 36 minutes ago

PESHAWAR, Pakistan — Authorities say seven people have been killed and 35 wounded in a bomb blast outside the headquarters of Pakistan's spy agency in the northwest.

The attack Friday took place in the city of Peshawar.

A police officer stationed at the city's Lady Reading Hospital said seven bodies had been admitted along with 35 wounded.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AP) — A powerful bomb targeted the offices of Pakistan's main spy agency in the northwestern city of Peshawar on Friday, tearing down much of the building and causing several casualties, witnesses said.

The blast struck at the heart of the agency overseeing much of the anti-terror campaign in the border regions with Afghanistan, where al-Qaida and Taliban leaders are believed to be hiding out.

It was the latest in a string of attacks on security forces, civilian and Western targets since the government launched an offensive in mid-October against the Taliban's main stronghold in the border region of South Waziristan.

An Associated Press reporter on the scene within minutes of the explosion saw at least eight dead or badly wounded bodies being taken away. The blast destroyed much of the three-story building belonging to the Inter-Services Intelligence agency and many cars on the street outside.

The reporter said it was the loudest explosion in recent years in the city, which is a militant hub and has seen at least four major attacks in the last month.

The government has said the militant attacks will not dent the country's resolve to pursue the offensive in South Waziristan, where officials say the most deadly insurgent network in Pakistan is based.

The Associated Press: 7 killed in blast at spy agency in NW Pakistan

My deepest condolences to the deaths and families.

May God bless them and rest in peace.

ISI MUST hit back with vengeance and target should be the spy agencies' head quarters in our neighbourhood who are supporting terrorism in Pakistan.

Blast in Peshawar cantt; seven dead, 30 injured

PESHAWAR: At least seven people were killed and 30 more were injured after a blast went off in Peshawar on Friday.

‘Seven people have died and 35 are wounded,’ Sahib Zada Anis, head of the northwestern city’s administration, told reporters.

Most of them were civilians, he added.

A doctor at the city’s main Lady Reading Hospital confirmed the casualties.

A military spokesman told Reuters that a building of the Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) was the possible target of the bomb attack.

The building was heavily damaged in the blast, with huge clouds of smoke spewing into the sky and debris littering the ground, witnesses said.

The road was littered with debris and tree trunks ripped off by the force of the explosion.

A security official at the scene said it was a bomb blast, but the nature of the attack was not immediately clear.

An AFP reporter saw at three bodies lying on the ground, but soldiers opened fire into the air preventing other people from approaching until army vehicles arrived on the spot and cordoned off the area.

Television footage showed scenes of panic at one hospital, with blood-stained men being admitted and relatives starting to gather outside.

‘It was the biggest explosion I’ve ever heard,’ said city resident Asad Ali.

The blast early Friday badly damaged much of the three-story building and was heard throughout the city. —Agencies/DawnNews

My deepest condolences to the families who've lost their loved ones. :cry:

This shows that they are sensing the ISI is getting close and really closing their shop down.

This is a video i found in which people are accepting responsibility of the attack on the ISI building in Lahore. be advised this is al qeada's media wing so put on your bull crap filter. what from 6:10 onwards

Last edited by a moderator:
Really bad. But won't affect our progress against these people in negitive way but in positive way. They are close to be dead. But still it should be known that who really is behind this since ISI is not only the target of militants but also of International powers.

KIT Over

Is the response of Pakistani members to such news fading?

I request members not to lose their senses. I can imagine the pain. But you people have to stand tough.

May God bless Pakistan. :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom