What's new

Bomb blast in Moon market, Lahore

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some vandals just exploding fireworks for cheap laughs to scare people.

There has been a loud bang heard from the Edhi center too, might be a 4th blast or a firecracker.

done by our own agencies to get support of overall sweep against terrorists. If they have not done it again they are complicit in the crime by not stopping and dismantling terrorists network in our midst.
Every country in the world has controlled or suppressed terrorism but Pakistan with established security system and government cannot provide safety to its citizens. They frequency of violence is even greater than Iraq and Afghanistan where there is war. Sorry to say but Pakistan is completely a failed state.

Time to figure out what we should do at national level.

RIP the martyred.
Don't speak like a fanatical Taliban in their defense. The people of Pakistan are fully committed to make Keema out of Taliban anyway.

we are going to hunt them down, Castrate them, to make sure they don't have anything left for f-king virgins then send them to hell
Do u believe ur Intel can save ur country? just pathetic...unending series of bomb blasts...some kids might've lost their father or mother or widowed...soo sad...R I P

LAHORE: Rescue officials said a blast was heard in a busy market area of Lahore on Friday.

The blast, the third of the day in the city, reportedly hit the Moon Market area in Iqbal Town, Lahore.

Rescue officials said casualties are feared as a result of the blast in the busy market, which was also hit by a suicide attack on December 7, 2009.

Earlier, two suicide attacks shook the city, killing at least 39 people in the military cantonment area.

DAWN.COM | Metropolitan | Lahore hit by third blast, casualties feared

Third blast happens in Iqbal Town
Updated at: 2133 PST, Friday, March 12, 2010
LAHORE: Three back-to-back blasts have happened in Iqbal Town of Lahore, Geo News reported Friday.

The third blast has occurred in near Edhi Center at Kashmir Block. However, nobody is hurt in the last blast.

Overall five blasts have taken place in Lahore within 10 hours, killing 39 people and injuring 95 others.

NDTV reporting 6th blast in something called the Kashmir Block..

I just heard that there are 6 blasts in total.

Back-to-back four blasts hit Iqbal Town

Updated at: 2148 PST, Friday, March 12, 2010
LAHORE: Four back-to-back blasts have happened in Iqbal Town of Lahore within last half-an-hour, Geo News reported Friday.

All the four blasts have taken place in the premises of Iqbal Town.

The first blast occurred in an empty plot near crowded Moon Market in Kashmir Block. The second blast hit a car parked outside a house. The third blast occurred near Edhi Center in Kashmir Block located in Iqbal Town.

The fourth blast has been reported outside the residence of a serving DSP again in Iqbal Tow.

No causality is reported din these attack. However, four people have received injuries.

It may be reminded here that dozens of people were killed in two blasts at Moon Market on December 7 last year.

Earlier, at least 39 people were killed when two suicide bombers blew themselves up in R A Market near security forces’ convoy.

Overall six blasts have taken place in Lahore within 10 hours, killing 39 people and injuring 95 others.

The series of bomb blasts in the city has triggered panic and fear among the citizens.

http://www.geo.tv/3-12-2010/60943.htm

Damn it... please are the members from Lahore safe... I pray everyone is safe ................................

I know some people would not like me and my frens to stand by their side in their grief but as an Indian nor as a Hindu.... i just want to stand by your side as a human being........ :cry::cry::cry:

If this is regular TTP tit-for-tat attack for drone strike reprisals and US connivance by the Pakistani state then im not the least bit surprised, instead it's almost expected despite the fact that we keep saying "this is the last" or "they are on the run" etc. I can dig out threads 6 months ago with these very same sentiments being echoed. Fact remains our oppenents still remain smarter, more agile and more organized than our intelligence Agencies...

BUT, if this happens to be a retalitary attack by the Afghan Taliban for OUR switch on them by succumbing to US demands both politically and militarily, then I assure you I as a Pakistani will be moving ALL my assets out of Pakistan ASAP because it is going to be a hell on earth for the next few years.

In the meanwhile, I'm going to be keeping a watching brief and praying for those who are affected.

Ameen

This Moon Market & Iqbal Town has become a serious haunter for me

One of my uncles is out of contact this time, Damn the stupid dumb f-king Idiots & their sympathizers

pray for him, i beg u all for that, mere to koi dua kabool ni hote

Last edited:
I dont get it, with so much security in Lahore, how come these guys manage to get in without getting caught and i head in the program called crisis cell on geo that the government did had the information from the agencies that four vechiles have entered Lahore.
Who is to be blamed for this? the government, the security agencies or the people of Pakistan themselves.

Don't speak like a fanatical Taliban in their defense. The people of Pakistan are fully committed to make Keema out of Taliban anyway.

i will never defend terrorists or their supporters wherever they are but i am not the one to shy away from harsh realities. on the keema thing, unfortunately whats happening is the other way round. Its the taliban who are killing innocents wherever and whenever they want.
I remember the days when we used to blame the failure of indian agencies in preventing the Mumbai attacks. It happened once there but happening daily in our country. Shall we not blame our own security agencies or our govt.

The primary role of a govt is to protect the life, property and honor or its citizens and it its not capable of doing it then its a failed state.

done by our own agencies to get support of overall sweep against terrorists. If they have not done it again they are complicit in the crime by not stopping and dismantling terrorists network in our midst. RIP the martyred.

Are you saying that this is being done by our own agencies?
What evidence do you have for this sweeping statement?
The propaganda of the likes of JI or JUI?

It is one thing criticizing them for not being more effective but to blame them as the orchestrators is as low as one can get.

What of the people who are so easily seduced by propaganda that they are giving justifications on behalf of the extremists?
What of the fifth column support like the JUI, JI etc.
What of the likes of the cleric of lal masjid and his wife who still roam free and are still spreading hatred and talking nonsense despite ensuring the deaths of many due to their pigheadedness and arrogance and all in the name of Islam.

You want to blame the agencies then do not forget that it took Swat and open butchery for the nation to open its eyes for the first time and be aware of the danger that these so called Mujahids truly present.

Many soldiers, policemen, special agents etc. have given up their lives to protect us, they also deserve our gratitude for having given their best and making the ultimate sacrifice.
They certainly do not deserve the shame of being associated with terrorists!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom