What's new

Bollywood by Pakistani Student

I am a movies buff but, bollywood isn't my cup of tea. Bollywood is hit with mostly Paindoo lot, in Pakistan :tongue:.

As I said, Pakistan is a free society. Girls are free to take Bollywood dance classes, to have fun at parties/weddings, but they still know there is a line between having fun & indecency. Fair play to them. Women are free to watch Star Plus. Men can watch Bollywood movies for the simulated sex scenes or the semi nudity. But alas, you still have to find faults in all this, even though you can see how oppressed Pakistanis are in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

We are a great country, all we need is a half decent leader to exploit our strengths.

dude it was meant for those people who said they like to see Indians dance..I don't like such hypocrisy...i have no problem with what pakistan is or does...just don't try to act like you guys have a saint culture over there..

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

there are many good movies that you must have missed...i am not a great fan of bollywood movies either but some were really good..
probably they dont get that much publicity in pakistan because there is no khan in it..

Bolly movies might produce the odd jem, but you would have to wade through alot of pond water to get to it. What I don't like about them are they are all essentially musicals - musicals don't do it for me. Sticking in half a dozen songs in the middle of movies is just wrong. End of.

its not an insult. i never meant it that way. its a FACT. when you worship stone idols, there is no other way of saying it.

its not a saint culture. Islam provides the way to becoming better human beings. worshiping shiva lingam (shiva penis) and dividing people into castes is a product of worse society and slave mentality.

i think you know nothing about hinduism so lets not get into religion..

LOL if indians think watching Bollywood has any affect on our stance.

bollywood is just entertainment. entertainment has no affect on our policies. it is just something to entertain ourselves with in free time.

like Muslim masters watching the indians jump n dance for our entertainment.
pakistan does not reprsent every muslim in the world.the indians you are talking among them 170milions are muslim.many indian muslim establish themself in bollywood.indian muslim love bollywood like other indian. bollywood is a symbole of our pride for every indian hindu,muslim,chirstan,shikh and other indian.so don't try to give your pakistani statement as muslim statement.which master you are talking.our bollywood films makes for only for indian & nri.our film makes does not a give a dam what you pakistani think & want to see in bollywood cinema.so how can you become master.actually you are using our source for your entertainment.because you don't have your own.you are dependent on our film industry for your entertainment.so who is the master.

I am a movies buff but, bollywood isn't my cup of tea. Bollywood is hit with mostly Paindoo lot, in Pakistan :tongue:.

Try Iranian, Japanese, Chinese/Hong Kong, Korean movies - they produce some excellent art.

pakistan does not reprsent every muslim in the world.the indians you are talking among them 170milions are muslim.many indian muslim establish themself in bollywood.indian muslim love bollywood like other indian. bollywood is a symbole of our pride for every indian hindu,muslim,chirstan,shikh and other indian.so don't try to give your pakistani statement as muslim statement.which master you are talking.our bollywood films makes for only for indian & nri.our film makes does not a give a dam what you pakistani think & want to see in bollywood cinema.so how can you become master.actually you are using our source for your entertainment.because you don't have your own.you are dependent on our film industry for your entertainment.so who is the master.

Not true, bollywood movies are very popular in the north, the south do not watch them, they have their own popular film industry.

How do you come to that?

They both provide mass entertainment, with the occasional serious film. Their popularity is because of marketing and catering to what people want as entertainment.

Hollywood has many avenues, including half-nudity, special effects, and access to global talent.

Bollywood's formula for most movies is emotionalism plus half-nudity. That's what a lot of people want, and that's what Bollywood provides. Nothing wrong with that.

I never denied that Bollywood makes occasional good movies. In fact, Bollywood used to make quite decent movies in previous decades,but the vast appeal of any movie industry -- be it Hollywood or Bollywood -- is not for art. It's just for entertainment and Bollywood provides the mix of emotionalism + nudity.

Again, if that's what people want, then that's what they shall get. Hollywood is honest about it, but Bollywood fans want to maintain some aura of 'art' about their commodity.

This is what you said in post 53 .

Now you are going back on it .

you will also have to prove how bollywood is successful only for it emotionalism ( not that it is a bad thing ) and half nudity ( what you were calling soft-**** till a while back:lol:).

History suggests that most successful bollywood films have been action films and family dramas like sholay , dabbang , huma apke hain kaun , deewar , zanjeer , gadar etc.

i think you know nothing about hinduism so lets not get into religion..

backup your arguments with proof if i am wrong. saying "i think you don't know abt my religion" without any proof is a cheap n quick way to exit the truth.

As I said, Pakistan is a free society. Girls are free to take Bollywood dance classes, to have fun at parties/weddings, but they still know there is a line between having fun & indecency. Fair play to them. Women are free to watch Star Plus. Men can watch Bollywood movies for the simulated sex scenes or the semi nudity. But alas, you still have to find faults in all this, even though you can see how oppressed Pakistanis are in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

U know what the mujra dance from the lollywood sucks big time.... no wonder it is so popular in Pakistan.... And don't act smart with BS like men and women there don't watch them there in Pakistan.

its not an insult. i never meant it that way. its a FACT. when you worship stone idols, there is no other way of saying it.

its not a saint culture. Islam provides the way to becoming better human beings. worshiping shiva lingam (shiva penis) and dividing people into castes is a product of worse society and slave mentality.

Sir with all deu respect but u have no right to make fun of my religon

I never denied that Bollywood makes occasional good movies. In fact, Bollywood used to make quite decent movies in previous decades,but the vast appeal of any movie industry -- be it Hollywood or Bollywood -- is not for art. It's just for entertainment and Bollywood provides the mix of emotionalism + nudity.

Again, if that's what people want, then that's what they shall get. Hollywood is honest about it, but Bollywood fans want to maintain some aura of 'art' about their commodity.

This is what you said in post 53 .

Now you are going back on it .

you will also have to prove how bollywood is successful only for it emotionalism ( not that it is a bad thing ) and half nudity ( what you were calling soft-**** till a while back:lol:).

History suggests that most successful bollywood films have been action films and family dramas like sholay , dabbang , huma apke hain kaun , deewar , zanjeer , gadar etc.

Those films you mention, If I am not wrong, are old, some of them decades ago, the modern indian film is mostly soft ****.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom