What's new

Bollywood actor Jiah Khan commits suicide

I wont say RIP because suicide is haram in islam and you will go to hell for committing it.

Hi,

It maybe 'haram' but then Allah is the merciful and benevolent God. As a person you can always say 'rest in peace'---because that is what you would want for them and let Allah be the judge.

Think about it this way---if the person is rejected by Allah and also rejected by people---then is the life worth living anymore.

Another muslim pakistani said the same thing to me---I retorted back---'you moron do you really think that I was thinking of haram or hallal in my moment of despair'.

Let's not be the judge---I will tell you what---the brink of the black hole is a terrible place to be. May Allah give courage to those to step back---those who are at the verge of despair and see no light---and may Allah give courage to others to step up and help those who are down.

I am grateful to those who were there to help me in my moment of despair---there were so many strangers---just mare acquaintances who had nothing to gain who just gave a helping nudge in the right direction.

There are always ups and down in life but people who take too much stress out of minor issues end up like this.

I wont say RIP because suicide is haram in islam and you will go to hell for committing it.

Posts like these make pakistanis look bad. You are in no position to judge her, God decides who goes to heaven or hell.
We are here to offer our condolences not judgements.

Hi,

It maybe 'haram' but then Allah is the merciful and benevolent God. As a person you can always say 'rest in peace'---because that is what you would want for them and let Allah be the judge.

Think about it this way---if the person is rejected by Allah and also rejected by people---then is the life worth living anymore.

Another muslim pakistani said the same thing to me---I retorted back---'you moron do you really think that I was thinking of haram or hallal in my moment of despair'.

Let's not be the judge---I will tell you what---the brink of the black hole is a terrible place to be. May Allah give courage to those to step back---those who are at the verge of despair and see no light---and may Allah give courage to others to step up and help those who are down.

I am grateful to those who were there to help me in my moment of despair---there were so many strangers---just mare acquaintances who had nothing to gain who just gave a helping nudge in the right direction.

ALLAH says that I will forgive if you ask, If the person is dead....how can he/ she ask...

2ndly, if you are in despair you seek for your Lord not plunge into suicide which HE forbid!!

RIP to her!

I hope she didnt see the Rains of Castamere, Game of thrones. That episode was very distressing.

Yeah it was indeed. What a Slaughter :P Waiting for the last one of the season this sunday :D

No offense to all those religiously inclined fellows but the fact here is, Allah has never descended on earth to give a depressed, suicidal 'someone', a pat on the back. You know - just to be frank here. You're kind of missing the point.

Transcending on a depressed, suicidal person with some sanctimonious religious platitudes isn't really going to help them; they've probably already tried all that stuff before reaching the point of contemplating suicide, because that's what suicide is, the last resort of those in despair. All this righteousness vs. non-righteousness logic will do is further make them realize how distant everything is, including God, and really speed up the process of pushing them over the edge.

The only way to reach out to such people is help them redefine a purpose which previously has been shattered.

Can you show me the Quranic references for that?
@Banana

Say, "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited to you. [He commands] that you not associate anything with Him, and to parents, good treatment, and do not kill your children out of poverty; We will provide for you and them. And do not approach immoralities - what is apparent of them and what is concealed. And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed] except by [legal] right. This has He instructed you that you may use reason" (Al-Ana'am, 6: 151).
- your own life is also included in the soul...

And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden, except by right. And whoever is killed unjustly - We have given his heir authority, but let him not exceed limits in (the matter of) taking life. Indeed, he has been supported (Al-Isra, 17: 33).
- your own life is also included in the soul... Man you people are even lazy to google!

Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors (Al-Ma-ida, 5: 32).
-soul includes himself

O you who have believed, do not consume one another's wealth unjustly but only [in lawful] business by mutual consent. And do not kill yourselves [or one another]. Indeed, Allah is to you ever Merciful. Surah Al Nisa 4:29

Last edited by a moderator:
After watching it .....I was like WTF WTF....What do I do.....:argh:

Ideally they should have just ended the season here. Sab ki fat jati :D

Eagarly waiting for Sunday.

I agree sucide is forbidden

I hope you think same about those who commit suicide in the name of Islam and not only kill themselves but also take lives of many innocent as well :)

we should not give our fatwa that who will go to hell or heaven because day of judgement is there for this purpose and we also know that every soul leave this world by the will of God..life and death is in his hand so was not she destined to die like this?

Back
Top Bottom