What's new

Boeing Delivers Indian Air Force 3rd C-17 Globemaster III

You are ignoring the gist here. The 35S and the IBRIS both are stop-gap measures for the Russians, neither is going to be built in bulk. Deriving certain systems for the project for the MKI is all kosher, depending upon them to mass produce a radar they have no intention of mass producing despite claims of 90 being produced to form the "core" will backfire spectacularly- the moment the derivatives from the PAK-FA are in mass production the Russians will start swapping them in into their Flankers.

I don't agree..........aesa is simply too expensive to be fielded in all fighters and by 2015 they are gonna have about 48 su-35s with irbis-e
See in terms of their region its a wise move as

1)China has to still come up with a pesa comparable to this

2)europeans are not a threat as they have small number of aircrafts

3)they will put aesa on pakfa only.........and not 1 or 2 but 4 aesas on one unit!!!

So both aesa and pesa have their own place as aesa is very costly

I don't agree..........aesa is simply too expensive to be fielded in all fighters and by 2015 they are gonna have about 48 su-35s with irbis-e

3)they will put aesa on pakfa only.........and not 1 or 2 but 4 aesas on one unit!!!

And even this site agrees on zhuk ae radar!! pathetic decision if taken

Indian Su-30mKI To Get AESA Radar Under Super- 30 Modernization project | ASIAN DEFENCE NEWS
Sukhoi set to become

Now this goes on to prove that our babus are nutjobs,nothing else

PESA systems will not figure into their future plans, mark my words on that. They will be used as stop gaps and that's all. The cost vs benefit progression for an AESA is far more attractive than that for a PESA system. Once they hit gold, and they will in 5 years by the latest, they will start offloading their PESA systems. The cost and performance comparison is incomplete unless you factor in mechanically scanned array radars, PESAs provide a certain improvement in performance over mechanically scanned systems at a higher cost, an AESA system is a complete generational leap (this is the particular reason why the US completely skipped the PESA phase since it did not provide any appreciable capabilities in comparison to their exisitng systems at the cost incurred for developing the PESA system while the Russians opted for the PESA since they breached that barrier first but were unable to scale up to an AESA due to obvious reasons) albeit at a higher cost but in the overall scheme of things its an achievable and pursuit worthy aim- and that is exactly what they will do.

PESA systems will not figure into of their future plans, mark my words on that. They will be used as stop gaps and that's all. The cost vs benefit progression for an AESA is far more attractive than that for a PESA system. Once they hit gold, and they will in 5 years by the latest, they will start offloading their PESA systems. The cost and performance comparison is incomplete unless you factor in mechanically scanned array radars, PESAs provide a certain improvement in performance over mechanically scanned systems at a higher cost, an AESA system is a complete generational leap (this is the particular reason why the US completely skipped the PESA phase since it did not provide any appreciable capabilities in comparison to their exisitng systems at the cost incurred for developing the PESA system while the Russians opted for the PESA since they breached that barrier first but were unable to scale up to an AESA due to obvious reasons) albeit at a higher cost but in the overall scheme of things its an achievable and pursuit worthy aim- and that is exactly what they will do.

Comment on the links i posted above and be prepared to be shocked:devil:

Comment on the links i posted above and be prepared to be shocked:devil:

I've read the article, its a copy paste churn out of what our own journos presented. If you asked any such esteemed authors what would be the scaling requirements even for the projected "FGA-35" variant of the sensor they are mentioning they'd get their panties in a twist.

I've read the article, its a copy paste churn out of what our own journos presented. If you asked any such esteemed authors what would be the scaling requirements even for the projected "FGA-35" variant of the sensor they are mentioning they'd get their panties in a twist.

But i am inclined to agree with them man,,,,,how can we scale down n050 when it wouls be operational in 2015
something dosen't add up

But i am inclined to agree with them man,,,,,how can we scale down n050 when it wouls be operational in 2015
something dosen't add up

No one is scaling down n050, nor scaling up the Zhuk-AE as such- as in no one's going to take the base systems and start tinkering with the complete package. What I am implying by using the term scaling is to use components such as TRMs and software from existing systems into a scaled system tailored for the aircraft, any and all systems cannot be shoehorned into any which platform.

Yes i hope u are right but have little faith in our foolish policies.........btw enjoy the videp

Last edited by a moderator:
@ sardar1987

I sincerly commend your ability to stand by the points you make even though a lot of us donot agree with all of them, its the spirit of discussion that makes us wiser.
But i would request you to kindly discuss topics at correct platforms for ex. Radars can be discussed at MMRCA sticky. Senior members can contribute and enrich the debate and at the end, this is what matters. I hope you agree.

PS: Loved the video u posted. If Pak govt can grant the "selected candidate" a visa to India, the gentleman can be unleashed on Raghu

ddae4d24b909d097b7ea4c61e045851f.jpg

@ sardar1987

I sincerly commend your ability to stand by the points you make even though a lot of us donot agree with all of them, its the spirit of discussion that makes us wiser.
But i would request you to kindly discuss topics at correct platforms for ex. Radars can be discussed at MMRCA sticky. Senior members can contribute and enrich the debate and at the end, this is what matters. I hope you agree.

PS: Loved the video u posted. If Pak govt can grant the "selected candidate" a visa to India, the gentleman can be unleashed on Raghu

ddae4d24b909d097b7ea4c61e045851f.jpg

if u hate raghu like me u are gonna love this man

WHAT a BLOODY huge load of lies!

PESA are considered as backwards, no one wants it. J-20 already fitted with AESA radars, J-10B have been flying with PESA for years. I repeat, wake up from your wet dream.

btw, 7 052C/D are being built in the same shipyard, all equipped with AESA radar designed and made in China. your navy has 0.

WHAT a BLOODY huge load of lies!

PESA are considered as backwards, no one wants it. J-20 already fitted with AESA radars, J-10B have been flying with PESA for years. I repeat, wake up from your wet dream.

btw, 7 052C/D are being built in the same shipyard, all equipped with AESA radar designed and made in China. your navy has 0.

Shut up man,,,,,go to the j-10b thread and look at that red radar,,,,,ita a pesa

ur blabbering isn't gonna change a thing

and as for j-20 is concerned,it will definitely get an aesa
as for the destroyers,yes chinese have put aesa on them no doubt but aircraft aesa is different as aesa requires huge amount of power.u guys will surely have one but right now there are only speculations and no proof

As for indian navy,,,,,,we are gonna put mf-star on vikrant and kolkata class and its very good

indigenous-----ofcourse not

One C-17 every month! :hang2: IAF is probably tempted to order more.
@Abingdonboy how many are on order? And what are the chances of additional orders?

This is what happens when India buy an established platform from America. If India had chosen F-18 superhornet for its fighter competition and without demanding TOT, India would have 1/4 of the planes by now and all of them by 2015. India could easily retire the flying coffin. I believe India should place a premium in speed of weapons delivery.

Back
Top Bottom