What's new

Boeing Delivers Indian Air Force 3rd C-17 Globemaster III

The point i am making is that pulse doppler radars are obsolete and pakistan's f-16 block 52 have better radar than lowly zhuk-m
so what the heel was it selected for??
For china which has only pesa radars and will be moving to aesa soon??

The Block-52 radar will not provide any generational leap nor advanced capabilities as opposed to the Zhuk variant in use with the IN. Similarly the BARS PESA on the MKI, contrary to popular belief, does not provide any appreciable advantages over the mechanically scanned radar on the Pakistani falcons.

The Chinese are progressing upon the back of that aforementioned 3-4 decades of slogging. We are a good decade and half plus behind on that game and trying to make that leap in a considerably shorter period. The intricacies involved in such an exercise require for consistent and persistent, sustained efforts- the type of which is being carried out atm.

For a comprehensive comparing between radar systems you need to find the RCS specific detection ranges of the radars concerned among other things and even then such a comparison needs to be qualified by involving other parameters.

The Block-52 radar will not provide any generational leap not advanced capabilities as opposed to the Zhuk variant in use with the IN. Similarly the BARS PESA on the MKI, contrary to popular belief, does not provide any appreciable advantages over the mechanically scanned radar on the Pakistani falcons.

The Chinese are progressing upon the back of that aforementioned 3-4 decades of slogging. We are a good decade and half plus behind on that game and trying to make that leap in a considerably shorter period. The intricacies involved in such an exercise require for consistent and persistent, sustained efforts- the type of which is being carried out atm.

And u raise a very important point.........

1)bars pesa has just no power man...........4.8 - 6.5 kw(thats it)

2)On the other hand look at irbis e...............Freaking 18 kw!!!

So why don't we atleast start putting irbis-e in the flankers yet to come.............this sort of power will fry f-16 radar!!!

I know u will say about super sukhoi deal but the fact is nobody knows what are we getting there(whether getting or not)

Flanker Radars in Beyond Visual Range Air Combat

Irbis e is one of the most powerful radar ever built(aesa or pesa)

And u raise a very important point.........

1)bars pesa has just no power man...........4.8 - 6.5 kw(thats it)

2)On the other hand look at irbis e...............Freaking 18 kw!!!

So why don't we atleast start putting irbis-e in the flankers yet to come.............this sort of power will fry f-16 radar!!!

I know u will say about super sukhoi deal but the fact is nobody knows what are we getting there(whether getting or not)

Flanker Radars in Beyond Visual Range Air Combat

Irbis e is one of the most powerful radar ever built(aesa or pesa)

Do I see Old Carlo's work there? Oh yes, I did read his work like the gospel. Not particularly accurate though as it turns out, to my disadvantage even courtesy a certain Sir who was able to point out said inconsistencies. The next progression for the MKIs will be an AESA so the Irbis does not figure into the equation unless someone really wants to opt for an antenna swap and stick to Irbis for some hitherto unknown reason.

If one were ready to give up on SAR capabilities for mapping and terrain following then even the older Zhuk derivatives would have done the job for the IN but for now the IN already has that specific need covered in the 29K.

Do I see Old Carlo's work there? Oh yes, I did read his work like the gospel. Not particularly accurate though as it turns out, to my disadvantage even courtesy a certain Sir who was able to point out said inconsistencies. The next progression for the MKIs will be an AESA so the Irbis does not figure into the equation unless someone really wants to opt for an antenna swap and stick to Irbis for some hitherto unknown reason.

If one were ready to give up on SAR capabilities for mapping and terrain following then even the older Zhuk derivatives would have done the job for the IN but for now the IN already has that specific need covered in the 29K.

Darling numbers don't lie,,,,right now its the most powerful pesa in existence
Radar control system "IRBIS-E" for Su-35 fighter
http://www.deagel.com/Aircraft-Warners-and-Sensors/Irbis_a001800001.aspx
The mistake india may make is to go for zhuk ae aesa which is nothing compared to even irbis e
And apparently russia makes no other aesa!!!

options

1)n050 pakfa aesa----impossible as it will require monstrous power

2)zhuk-ae------just a poor choice,its a liquid cooled aesa,detection range of only 160 kn with proposed upto 250 km(where is this unit no one knows)

3)irbis-e---------excellent product but not an aesa so no lpi mode here:pissed:

So what are the options??

Darling numbers don't lie,,,,right now its the most powerful pesa in existence
Irbis
The mistake india may make is to go for zhuk ae aesa which is nothing compared to even irbis e
And apparently russia makes no other aesa!!!

options

1)n050 pakfa aesa----impossible as it will require monstrous power

2)zhuk-ae------just a poor choice,its a liquid cooled aesa,detection range of only 160 kn with proposed upto 250 km(where is this unit no one knows)

3)irbis-e---------excellent product but not an aesa so no lpi mode here:pissed:

So what are the options??

We haven't opted for the Zhuk-AE at all, well we have if you consider the khayali pulaos cooked up by our wonderful journos who copy pasted the little they knew courtesy their reporting from the MMRCA test phase days. Numbers don't lie, analysis based on said numbers can very much be incorrect specially when said analysis is driven by an agenda. Carlo sahib has a made living out of scaring the knickers off poor Aussie sods- everything from Chinese flankers somehow showing up to pound the Aussie lands to Indian flankers making the scene complex in the IOR, AND the absolute gem regarding converting the Aardvark into a semi-stealth platform. As far as Carlo is concerned nothing short of the Raptor can save the Aussies from annihilation, a quaint thought given the operational needs of the concerned armed forces and Australia's strategic concerns.

The systems being mentioned are not exactly scalable and are not going to figure into the Super-MKI upgrade in their current forms even if they are selected.

We haven't opted for the Zhuk-AE at all, well we have if you consider the khayali pulaos cooked up by our wonderful journos who copy pasted the little they knew courtesy their reporting from the MMRCA test phase days. Numbers don't lie, analysis based on said numbers can very much be incorrect specially when said analysis is driven by an agenda. Carlo sahib has a made living out of scaring the knickers off poor Aussie sods- everything from Chinese flankers somehow showing up to pound the Aussie lands to Indian flankers making the scene complex in the IOR, AND the absolute gem regarding converting the Aardvark into a semi-stealth platform. As far as Carlo is concerned nothing short of the Raptor can save the Aussies from annihilation, a quaint thought given the operational needs of the concerned armed forces and Australia's strategic concerns.

The systems being mentioned are not exactly scalable and are not going to figure into the Super-MKI upgrade in their current forms even if they are selected.

Man u don't understand!!
Now listen to me carefully

THERE ARE NO MORE RUSSIAN RADARS TO BE CONSIDERED................as these 3 are the top 3!!!

And the data of irbis e is directly from manufacturer so no chances of manipulation as they publicly claim these figures

The thing is that nose section of all flankers is the same so i am not convinced that another aesa is in development for su-30....not gonna happen

They will pitch exactly all these 3 requirements simply because none other exist and we cannot just finance a customized aesa for flanker:bunny:

Man u don't understand!!

THERE ARE NO MORE RUSSIAN RADARS TO BE CONSIDERED................as these 3 are the top 3!!!

And the data of irbis e is directly from manufacturer so no chances of manipulation as they publicly claim these figures

Oh I am not disputing the numbers provided by Tikhomirov, simply providing a little garnishing on Carlo's views on the Flankers.

As to there being no more Russian radars, even the one's mentioned are not operational by any measure so relax. The MKIs have a certain requirement wrt upgrades, those requirements will be met, rest assured- the most likely candidate will be based on TRMs and software derived from NIIP's endeavors for equipping the PAK-FA with a complete system being scaled for the MKI since an off the shelf solution for the MKI doesn't exist as it is. The IRBIS's power requirements are just as beastly as any AESA's.

Man u don't understand!!

The thing is that nose section of all flankers is the same so i am not convinced that another aesa is in development for su-30....not gonna happen

They will pitch exactly all these 3 requirements simply because none other exist and we cannot just finance a customized aesa for flanker:bunny:

And the data of irbis e is directly fro

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...3rd-c-17-globemaster-iii-3.html#ixzz2co5bIifn

On basis of what?

Thats massive airlift capacity and if true IAF will become II largest C-17 operator in the world.
offtopic: think numbers are going to go up for C-130J as well.

Who knows Pentagon & Boeing may be tempted to provide something suitable :pleasantry: for our Homegrown AWACS as well.

Bro, even with of the IAF didn't purchase a sine extra C-17 over and above the current procurement of 10- it would STILL be the second largest operator after the US.

On basis of what?

On the basis of websites of the manufacturers......feel free to tell me if any other radar exists!!
Actually none is even planned and it logical that su-30 will be upgraded from these 3

Oh I am not disputing the numbers provided by Tikhomirov, simply providing a little garnishing on Carlo's views on the Flankers.

As to there being no more Russian radars, even the one's mentioned are not operational by any measure so relax. The MKIs have a certain requirement wrt upgrades, those requirements will be met, rest assured- the most likely candidate will be based on TRMs and software derived from NIIP's endeavors for equipping the PAK-FA with a complete system being scaled for the MKI since an off the shelf solution for the MKI doesn't exist as it is. The IRBIS's power requirements are just as beastly as any AESA's.

Yes that is a possibility

Btw irbis-e is fully operational and n050 is gonna be completely operational in 2015 and is currently housed in all 4 prototypes

On the basis of websites of the manufacturers......feel free to tell me if any other radar exists!!
Actually none is even planned and it logical that su-30 will be upgraded from these 3

Yes that is a possibility

Btw irbis-e is fully operational and n050 is gonna be completely operational in 2015 and is currently housed in all 4 prototypes

The IRBIS is yet to equip an operational bulk fighter. Shoe horning it onto a flanker or two kept around for demonstrations does not equate to what the IAF needs. A tailored solution is what it needs, a tailored solution it shall get.

You are ignoring the gist here. The 35S and the IBRIS both are stop-gap measures for the Russians, neither is going to be built in bulk. Deriving certain systems for the project for the MKI is all kosher, depending upon them to mass produce a radar they have no intention of mass producing despite claims of 90 being produced to form the "core" will backfire spectacularly- the moment the derivatives from the PAK-FA are in mass production the Russians will start swapping them in into their Flankers.

The delivery time is indeed impressive.

C-17 and the likes surely makes up for the lack of roads in our Border region against China. I hope the remaining aircrafts too get delivered on time.

Back
Top Bottom