What's new

BNP-Jamaat unleash targeted violence on Hindus and Christians in Bangladesh

Hindu's are real Troublemakers in BD and they are responsible for all the violence in BD...They must have done something to provoke these People,as said by some BD member that every third Hindu in BD is related to militant organization...

However I am against such violent acts and it should be condemned...

If you are against violent acts on religious minority you should also be against Jamaati terrorists. Violence on minority is nothing new for Jamaatis. In february 2013 they did the same thing when the bastard Delwar Hossain Saidee was charged for murdering and raping in 1971.

On 28 February 2013, the International Crimes Tribunal sentenced Delwar Hossain Sayeedi, the Vice President of the Jamaat-e-Islami to death for the war crimes committed during the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War. Following the sentence, activists of Jamaat-e-Islami and its student wing Islami Chhatra Shibir attacked the Hindus in different parts of the country. Hindu properties were looted, Hindu houses were burnt into ashes and Hindu temples were desecrated and set on fire.[2][3] While the government has held the Jamaat-e-Islami responsible for the attacks on the minorities, the Jamaat-e-Islami leadership has denied any involvement. The minority leaders have protested the attacks and appealed for justice. The Supreme Court of Bangladesh has directed the law enforcement to start suo motu investigation into the attacks. US Ambassador to Bangladesh express concern about attack of Jamaat on Bengali Hindu community.[4][5]

2013 Bangladesh anti-Hindu violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Hindu's are real Troublemakers in BD and they are responsible for all the violence in BD...They must have done something to provoke these People,as said by some BD member that every third Hindu in BD is related to militant organization...

Ha ha! :lol: Tell me a major Hindu terrorist org conducted attacks in other nations? The only sin hindus ever did was to get born in a Muslim majority nation.
Other than Indonesia, Malaysia, Iran, Turkey no Muslim majority country is safe for minorities.
In BD situation is pretty good , and sometimes it turns ugly like this.

BNP-Jamaat burned more than 100 schools just before the poll day.

Schools burnt, actually
Education in at least 100 institutions becomes uncertain

school-burns-1.jpg

SCHOOLS SCORCHED: Arson left important documents and books burnt in Baniachhal Govt Primary School polling centre yesterday. Photo: Star/Focus Bangla

Wasim Bin Habib

The cheers of students with new books in their hands have given way to grim scenes at many schools partially or completely burnt in the last two days.
Opposition activists torched around 100 educational institutions, mostly schools, in 23 districts since Friday night in attempts to foil the voting in the parliamentary election to be held today.
Almost all of these institutions were designated as polling centres in the areas.
Against this backdrop, the Election Commission may use adjacent structures as polling centres.
All the repercussions will befall the students who are no way linked with politics.
Teachers and the authorities are concerned as to how long it will take to repair the damaged structures.
New textbooks awaiting distribution in some schools were also burnt to ashes along with important records.
The arson attacks dealt a further blow to the education of thousands of schoolchildren who had already faced disruption to their studies and examinations owing to perpetual shutdowns and blockades enforced by the BNP-led opposition last year.
Against all odds, the government completed examinations and managed to distribute new textbooks on the first day of the academic year so that students do not lag behind amid the ongoing political turmoil.
But the efforts went in vain for these institutions.
"I don't know how many days it will take to begin the academic activities .... I could not sleep all night," said Afsar Uddin, the headmaster of Lalit Mohan Government Primary School in Shikupa upazila of Jhenidah.
The 120-year-old school was torched Friday night, he said, adding that all records and 108 benches had been destroyed.
Abu Shaheed, the headmaster of Namapara Government Primary School at Karimganj upazila in Kishoreganj, said, "Such an incident is unacceptable. How can men do this to an academic institution! It will have a bad impact on the students."
Three schools set to be used as polling centres in the upazila were torched around 1:30am yesterday.
Kalabipara Adarsha High School in Rajshahi, which is not a polling centre, was burnt down completely. It is located near Nandangachhi Multipurpose High School, a polling centre that was partially burnt.
"We built the school brick by brick for 18 years since 1996 and it was damaged overnight," said Rofikul Islam, the headmaster of Kalabipara Adarsha High School.
Education of some 225 students of the school has become uncertain as the authorities will not be able to recover the losses immediately, he added.
Expressing resentment and concern, Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid said the attacks were on civilisation itself.
"The anti-liberation forces want to keep the new generations in the dark as they are aiming to cripple the education system," he told The Daily Star.
The minister said nearly 100 educational institutions had come under attack since Friday night according to the information he had.
"We were under tremendous pressure as schools could not function in the last four months and now these heinous attacks are a fresh blow."
Repairing the schools requires money and time, Nahid said, adding, "We'll try to repair those as quickly as possible."
He called upon the people to prevent further destruction of educational institutions.
Our correspondents from Rajshahi, Jhenidah and Kishoreganj also contributed to this report.

Schools burnt, actually | Education in at least 100 institutions becomes uncertain

They have attacked several poll centres and burned them. People got panicked and there was low turnout in election. Only 30% as per local observers but according to EC its 40%.

Stop barking. You know very well that its done by BNP-Jamaat. Denial only makes you more retard and fool.

I don't bark....barking suits you more since you actually have a master and proudly wag your tail around them.....now coming to the bold part.....how do you know that they were BNP-Jamaat....how many of the attackers do you know or have you met??Where's the police report of attackers confessing their involvement in BNP politics?I'm not denying anything....but you screaming and bitching about stuff you have no evidence of to get praise from your dada's(who called you called your ethnicity which you are so proud of as 'brain-dead'...but you don't care...because dogs don't mind what their masters call them....they always go back to their masters ) doesn't make you look anything less than a retard...since you are one!

Does their religion teach them this?

NO.

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said if any of his follower attacks on other religious people he is not Muslim. Its a duty of Muslims to protect religious places of other religion. Its clearly documented in Najraan treaty he did with Christians.

A part of the Najran Treaty between the Prophet Muhammad and the Christians of Najran reads as follows:[6]

“ This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them. Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.
No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries. No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses. Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.

No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them.

If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.

Their Churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants. No one of the nation (of Muslims) is to disobey this covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).

Christian community of Najran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you are against vilolent acts on religious minority you should also be against Jamaati terrorists. Violence on minority is nothing new for Jamaatis. In february 2013 they did the same thing when the bastard Delwar Hossain Saidee was charged for murdering and raping in 1971.

2013 Bangladesh anti-Hindu violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well it takes two to clap...the atrocities committed by Mukti bahni against Bihari's and western Pakistani's outweigh far more than by others and i condemn it and i also condemn any atrocities if committed by Jamaat group...

Next time dont cry about 2002 gujarat riots., if we say your ummah was real troublemakers and they must have done something to provoke hindus there.How does that sound?

Rohingyas are a concern for us because they are taking refuge in Bangladesh.....Besides Arakan(place where Rohingyas come from) are of strategic importance to us....how many times do you see us screaming about Iraq or Afghanistan....But as many Indians on PDF pointed out...Bangladeshi Hindus are of no concern to India!

what strategic importance are you talk about?
BD itself a strategic point of India.

Like i told i am such violent acts against Hindu's and anyone else but recently many innocent Bangladeshi's have been killed by AL militant organisations which contains many Hindu's so the anger is understandible...

do you have proof?

Next time dont cry about 2002 gujarat riots., if we say your ummah was real troublemakers and they must have done something to provoke hindus there.How does that sound?

Well i was applying your(Indian's) Logic of being justifying Rohingiya's genocide in Burma by calling Muslim's the trouble makers and giving clean chit to the Majority there...

Hindus under threat
Hundreds leave home in panic as Jamaat-BNP-led post-polls terror strikes them in several districts

hindus-threat.jpg

Hundreds of local Hindus take refuge at a temple in Goreya upazila since Sunday night in fear of attacks by Jamaat-BNP men.

Photo: Star/ Focus Bangla

It has been a long period of 43 years. Yet Hindus in Bangladesh remain vulnerable to attacks by anti-liberation forces.
Hundreds of Hindu families who fled their homes following post-poll violence in different districts on Sunday are scared to return as the administration could not ensure their security.
As soon as the voting ended on Sunday afternoon, BNP and Jamaat-Shibir men looted, vandalised and burned Hindu houses in Thakurgaon, Dinajpur, Rangpur, Bogra, Lalmonirhat, Rajshahi, Chittagong and Jessore.
The raids remind many of the atrocities by the Pakistani occupation forces and their collaborators in 1971.
“We left our house in 1971 as the Pakistan army and razakars set fire to our village. And we are passing through the same ordeal in 2014,” lamented Bishwajit Sarkar of Malopara village in Abhaynagar, Jessore.

hindus-threat-2.jpg

Hindus and Awami Leaguers of Chehelgazi union in Dinajpur, attempt to leave the area following attacks on their homes, businesses and properties.

His small shop was looted and fishing nets at his house were burned down.
Bishwajit's neighbour Mayarani is an elderly woman who works as a domestic help in nearby houses. Jamaat-Shibir activists looted all her belongings, even the small quantity of rice she had stored in her hut.
While talking to our Jessore correspondent, she said she now had only one item of clothing left, and that was the saree she was wearing.
Her house was destroyed as well.
According to villagers, Jamaat-Shibir activists of Prembag, Chanpadanga, Bahirghat, Beledanga and some adjacent areas threatened the voters of Malopara not to go to the polling stations.
But the villagers went to the polling centre at Chanpatola Alia Madrasa one by one to cast their vote.
Enraged, Jamaat-Shibir activists numbering about four to five hundred wreaked a two-hour mayhem from the evening. They exploded about 250 bombs, vandalised one hundred houses and torched 10 to 12 others.
There were 1,200 to 1,500 people in the village, inhabited mostly by fishermen. About 700 of them left immediately after the attack. They took shelter near Deyapara village after crossing the river Bhairab, swimming or by boat or trawler. And a number of people hid in different orchards.

hindus-threat-3.jpg

Jamaat-Shibir men go on the rampage, in Kornai Bazar of Dinajpur Sunday evening.

Locals said they had called police, ruling Awami league leaders and the administration over the mobile phones but nobody came to help. Police were seen after 9:00pm, when it was all over.
Our Thakurgaon correspondent, during a visit yesterday afternoon found about twelve hundred people from five hundred Hindu families of Gopalpur village sheltered at a temple of Iscon (International Society for Krishna Consciousness).
Following a clash between Awami League and BNP supporters that left one dead and a few hundred injured, Jamaat-BNP men with sharp weapons, sticks and iron rods attacked Hindus and other Awami League supporters.
Our Dinajpur correspondent reports, at least 350 houses and 50 shops of five villages, including Pritampara, Sahapara, Profullahpara, Telipara, Madhabpara and Ajaypara of Kornai village under were damaged, set ablaze and looted.
According to locals, around 2,000 Jamaat-Shibir men armed with sharp weapons and sticks launched the attack at Kornai village around 5:30pm Sunday.
“My house was set on fire. All my valuables were burnt to ashes,” said Fonibala Roy, wife of Santosh Chandra Roy. She showed our correspondent the gutted books of her daughter, an SSC examinee this year.
Several hundred Hindu men, women and children fled after the attack.
Iqbalur Rahim, lawmaker-elect of Dinajpur-3, visited some of the affected areas yesterday and asked people not to leave as the government would secure their safety.
In Chittagong too, Hindus are under threat following attacks on Sunday night in Satkania, Loahagara and Banshkhali upazilas, considered Jamaat-Shibir strongholds.
In Loahagara, Jamaat-Shibir rowdies vandalised and looted several shops owned by Hindus at Hindur Haat in Kolujan, said locals and police.
They also tried to vandalise a nearby temple, but locals resisted them, reports our Chittagong office.
Besides, the Jamaat-BNP men also attacked Hindus in Kaunia upazila of Rangpur and Nandigram upazila in Bogra, report our correspondents.

post-poll-violence.jpg

post-poll-victim.jpg

Published: 12:03 am Tuesday, January 07, 2014

http://www.thedailystar.net/hindus-under-threat-5781

Last edited:
Few days back one Jamaat leader commented that the youths of their party have gone out of their own hand. By vandalizing the minority's property they are kicking the axes,nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom