What's new

Blast in the Serena Hotel Quetta

TTP resurgence?

IN a brazen attack that claimed five lives, the outlawed Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan targeted the Serena Hotel in Quetta on Wednesday. The high-profile hit is a frightening reminder of the group’s ability to unleash terror. The attack followed the typical TTP modus operandi: the attacker drove an explosive-laden vehicle into the hotel’s parking lot and detonated the bomb. What is of concern is that the vehicle used in the attack was stopped for routine inspection that is carried out at security checkpoints at hotels.

This means the bomber went to great lengths to disguise the explosives and hoodwink security personnel at the checkpoint. The hotel already has significant security measures in place — which makes this attack all the more audacious. Though initial reports linked the attack to the presence of the Chinese ambassador in the city, it appears no foreign officials were harmed and that the diplomat may not have been the target.

At this stage, it appears the TTP’s purpose was to create chaos. It is well known in Quetta that dignitaries and citizens congregate at the hotel after taraweeh prayers in Ramazan, so such an attack would no doubt have the desired impact of creating fear and panic. Isolated attacks claimed by the TTP in Quetta and in North Waziristan are not uncommon, but the targeting of a high-security location has sparked fears of a TTP resurgence. The terrorist group’s network was dismantled to a large extent after successive military operations in recent years, leaving it confined to pockets in North Waziristan and parts of Balochistan.

Read: UN report acknowledges Pakistan's efforts against terrorist groups, warns of threat faced from TTP

Even now, security forces conduct routine intelligence-based operations in both the north and south of the country to eliminate the terrorism threat. Wednesday’s attack underscores the need for continued vigilance and heightened security. While there may be considerable truth to the officials’ claim that a foreign hand is involved in attacks of this nature, better intelligence and improved investigation into how such an incident took place are imperative. Does the TTP have local abettors and sympathisers? Had the group been surveilling the hotel to detonate the bomb at a time when the presence of visitors would be considerable?

While there is no doubt that terrorism has sharply decreased in the country in recent years, an attack like this reinforces the reality that militant groups continue to find some support. Before the APS attack, the TTP had unleashed a reign of terror attacking schools, targeting law-enforcement officials and orchestrating kidnappings. The state’s swift and unambiguous response weakened the Taliban — but clearly, though broken and splintered, its ideology and capabilities have not been eradicated. Pakistan has suffered a great deal at the hands of militants, and terrorism has destroyed immense human and economic capital. The government and military must ensure that their focus and resources are focused on dismantling terror networks that still exist.

Published in Dawn, April 23rd, 2021

TTP resurgence?

IN a brazen attack that claimed five lives, the outlawed Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan targeted the Serena Hotel in Quetta on Wednesday. The high-profile hit is a frightening reminder of the group’s ability to unleash terror. The attack followed the typical TTP modus operandi: the attacker drove an explosive-laden vehicle into the hotel’s parking lot and detonated the bomb. What is of concern is that the vehicle used in the attack was stopped for routine inspection that is carried out at security checkpoints at hotels.

This means the bomber went to great lengths to disguise the explosives and hoodwink security personnel at the checkpoint. The hotel already has significant security measures in place — which makes this attack all the more audacious. Though initial reports linked the attack to the presence of the Chinese ambassador in the city, it appears no foreign officials were harmed and that the diplomat may not have been the target.

At this stage, it appears the TTP’s purpose was to create chaos. It is well known in Quetta that dignitaries and citizens congregate at the hotel after taraweeh prayers in Ramazan, so such an attack would no doubt have the desired impact of creating fear and panic. Isolated attacks claimed by the TTP in Quetta and in North Waziristan are not uncommon, but the targeting of a high-security location has sparked fears of a TTP resurgence. The terrorist group’s network was dismantled to a large extent after successive military operations in recent years, leaving it confined to pockets in North Waziristan and parts of Balochistan.

Read: UN report acknowledges Pakistan's efforts against terrorist groups, warns of threat faced from TTP

Even now, security forces conduct routine intelligence-based operations in both the north and south of the country to eliminate the terrorism threat. Wednesday’s attack underscores the need for continued vigilance and heightened security. While there may be considerable truth to the officials’ claim that a foreign hand is involved in attacks of this nature, better intelligence and improved investigation into how such an incident took place are imperative. Does the TTP have local abettors and sympathisers? Had the group been surveilling the hotel to detonate the bomb at a time when the presence of visitors would be considerable?

While there is no doubt that terrorism has sharply decreased in the country in recent years, an attack like this reinforces the reality that militant groups continue to find some support. Before the APS attack, the TTP had unleashed a reign of terror attacking schools, targeting law-enforcement officials and orchestrating kidnappings. The state’s swift and unambiguous response weakened the Taliban — but clearly, though broken and splintered, its ideology and capabilities have not been eradicated. Pakistan has suffered a great deal at the hands of militants, and terrorism has destroyed immense human and economic capital. The government and military must ensure that their focus and resources are focused on dismantling terror networks that still exist.

Published in Dawn, April 23rd, 2021

all countries of the region should sit and work togather to stop terrorism in this region .

Seems you are acting more obedient than a four legged friend to your new found boyfriend.....if Americans question the episode, it's acceptable to you creatures but otherwise the Indian Cow gets impregnated....even though it doesn't concern or involve the Delhi drama queens.....
Do you actually think your posts remotely make sense!!

When you use derogatory terms, it's obviously just part of Indian table manners but when shown mirror it becomes abusive.....since sanity is in short supply to your kind, remember before becoming PM, your 56'' buttocks wasn't allowed to set foot in USA.
Well it was clearly you who started using abusive language which shows you're just another brainwashed Bradfordistani shop owner who was lucky to escape the terrorist ridden hell hole called pakistan but try to put up a brave face bashing India sitting behind a keyboard with illogical statements. Even if you accept or not, it's a given fact that most countries consider pakistan to be a breeding ground for terrorists

So being a typical Indian, now you have to run back to 71 to save your tiny ego....well you should immediately sack your Dalit teacher.....but then again India and Indians are called Dinosaurs for a reason....huge in size with a Pea brain......anyways, back then Bharti Basanti was in bed with Mr Moscow, hence Russians protected their girlfriend.....you fired those missiles from a safe distance but don't forget how PAF flew in and out of Pathankot, Kalaikunda and Okha base......last one burned for two days.... and after Pathankot episode, even Russians termed your pilots as Cows in the Cockpits. :laugh:
Lol now who's diverting the attention to PAF and some aerial battle when we were clearly talking about sneaking in through the shores. There is nothing called safe distance during war time and we were clearly able to sneak in and burned PN...I was fair in my point to bring up Operation Trident when the discussion is about sneaking in on a naval front while you had to resort to PAF to save face. Not to mention how we destroyed 2 destroyers, 1 minesweeper, 1 cargo ship and tons of fuel storage tanks

Do you actually think your posts remotely make sense!!
Only to those with common sense.
Well it was clearly you who started using abusive language which shows you're just another brainwashed Bradfordistani shop owner who was lucky to escape the terrorist ridden hell hole called pakistan but try to put up a brave face bashing India sitting behind a keyboard with illogical statements. Even if you accept or not, it's a given fact that most countries consider pakistan to be a breeding ground for terrorists
Obviously with a pea brain you can't think past your wet dreams, it was you the low life who used derogatory term against our FC.....and if you had a brain you would be dangerous since i need to knock you on the head to remind you this is a Pakistani forum where you losers turn up to have a voice else who would listen to you gloating running up and down some slumdog street, find your own hole before telling others.....as for me being in UK, well, as 12 year old i arrived through proper channels unlike you curry goblers who are beating Mexicans to illegally enter US..... most escape India after polluting the west now prefer to beg in Muslim countries like Saudi rather than returning to the biggest open toilet in universe.

Lol now who's diverting the attention to PAF and some aerial battle when we were clearly talking about sneaking in through the shores. There is nothing called safe distance during war time and we were clearly able to sneak in and burned PN...I was fair in my point to bring up Operation Trident when the discussion is about sneaking in on a naval front while you had to resort to PAF to save face. Not to mention how we destroyed 2 destroyers, 1 minesweeper, 1 cargo ship and tons of fuel storage tanks
Give it a rest you brain dead zombie..,...in an open declared war, every thing counts.....and talking of sneaking in.....your Khukri was blown to kingdom come right outside your front door and the Kirpan ran away through sheer cowardice.....not even waiting to pick Khukri survivors.... where as PAF hammered you Agni Pankh Patils to shut your trap for ever.

Last edited:
Proxy War

The formula

Motive Cause problems in Pakistan, CPEC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Distraction TLP , Radicals, Some body leaving Afghanistan in news

Distraction Anti French Sentiment flare up

Distraction Come to Saudia for Tree Project leave country instead of focusing on
the immediate issues, tree in desert?

Distraction Political None Sense by Judges and Lawyers, help escape more criminals

Distraction Bilawal / Maryem and co

Distraction Demolish raiwind or not , Judges to rescue , lawyers to rescue

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Real Target - Incident in Quetta, Targeting Chinese - When nation is distracted by all above

Last edited:
Only to those with common sense
Looks like that brainwashed hatred filled head of yours totally has a different meaning of what common sense is
Obviously with a pea brain you can't think past your wet dreams, it was you the low life who used derogatory term against our FC.....and if you had a brain you would be dangerous since i need to knock you on the head to remind you this is a Pakistani forum where you losers turn up to have a voice else who would listen to you gloating running up and down some slumdog street, find your own hole before telling others.....as for me being in UK, well, as 12 year old i arrived through proper channels unlike you curry goblers who are beating Mexicans to illegally enter US..... most escape India after polluting the west now prefer to beg in Muslim countries like Saudi rather than returning to the biggest open toilet in universe.
I said your FC is getting pounded which it is and is no where in the civic world considered a derogatory term. It was you who got triggered and started with "Moron" and all the abusive language which came out thereafter. Not surprised given the hyper excessive brainwashing an average pakistani goes through during his lifetime.

and to address your concerns of Indians in the US, over 95% of em post 2005 come through a student (F1) or skilled worker (H1B or L1) or Interns (J1) visa unlike your pathetic lot who jump into the family bandwagon of chain migration. I'm sure you're one of those Bradfordistani shop owners who turn into pdf keyboard warriors when business is slow

1619194094878.png

Give it a rest you brain dead zombie..,...in an open declared war, every thing counts.....and talking of sneaking in.....your Khukri was blown to kingdom come right outside your front door and the Kirpan ran away through sheer cowardice.....not even waiting to pick Khukri survivors.... where as PAF hammered you Agni Pankh Patils to shut your trap for ever.
So you're gloating about INS Kukhri which was built in the early 50s against the latest Hangor sub built in 1968 and commissioned in 1970!! How about INS Rajput smoking your state of the art Ghazi which still lies in the Bay of Bengal. Again tryna divert from the core topic by bringing up PAF...typical Bradfordistani.

So you're gloating about INS Kukhri which was built in the early 50s against the latest Hangor sub built in 1968 and commissioned in 1970!! How about INS Rajput smoking your state of the art Ghazi which still lies in the Bay of Bengal. Again tryna divert from the core topic by bringing up PAF...typical Bradfordistani.
Well, you have to give it to them, Pakistan lost 3/4 of its navy trying to sink one Indian Frigate.
Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 10.09.20 PM.png

Looks like that brainwashed hatred filled head of yours totally has a different meaning of what common sense is
One needs to have a brain in the first place that you obviously are missing.
I said your FC is getting pounded which it is and is no where in the civic world considered a derogatory term. It was you who got triggered and started with "Moron" and all the abusive language which came out thereafter. Not surprised given the hyper excessive brainwashing an average pakistani goes through during his lifetime.
Were you referring the term scumbags while looking in the mirror, Indians obviously are so dense and busy aping the whiteman that they have lost their sense and sensibility.
and to address your concerns of Indians in the US, over 95% of em post 2005 come through a student (F1) or skilled worker (H1B or L1) or Interns (J1) visa unlike your pathetic lot who jump into the family bandwagon of chain migration. I'm sure you're one of those Bradfordistani shop owners who turn into pdf keyboard warriors when business is slow
I have seen your desperate escape India here in UK, sleeping under bridges and surviving on handouts by charities, one can also see you call centre clowns desperately logging on PDF to prove your internet Hindu menace....even you have been kicked out repeatedly but like a stray you still turn up....and for all your bullshit....suck on this.

https://theprint.in/opinion/not-jus...e-entering-donald-trumps-us-illegally/294202/

As i said, when God was dishing brains, you creatures were at the end of the line.....You were gloating about attacking Karachi with weapons just introduced.....but when your Kukhri got fried, you run back in the years.....surely you are not brainwashed but just a dead brain.....keep grasping straws and i will keep hammering you.
No wonder windjammer had to keep deviating the topic...Wouldn't be surprised if he starts blabbering about rape, toilet and Balakot which is the default response of pdf pakistanis
Now that you have thrown your dummy out of pram again.....i wonder who went running from Mumbai attacks to 1971 to save his pathetic soul getting destroyed.

Last edited:
One needs to have a brain in the first place that you obviously are missing.
Were you referring the term scumbags while looking in the mirror, Indians obviously are so dense and busy aping the whiteman that they have lost their sense and sensibility.
This should clarify who initiated the abusive language...but it looks like you're clearly blinded in one eye
1619198222580.png

I have seen your desperate escape India here in UK, sleeping under bridges and surviving on handouts by charities, one can also see you call centre clowns desperately logging on PDF to prove your internet Hindu menace....even you have been kicked out repeatedly but like a stray you still turn up....and for all your bullshit....suck on this.
Oh the kid getting triggered all over again and often used to sucking

1619198746360.png

1619198905225.png

1619198381114.png

As i said, when God was dishing brains, you creatures were at the end of the line.....You were gloating about attacking Karachi with weapons just introduced.....but when your Kukhri got fried, you run back in the years.....surely you are not brainwashed but just a dead brain.....keep grasping straws and i will keep hammering you.
@Paro_Peagus just posted on how we took out a major chunk of your navy...not to mention slicing y'all in half

Now that you have thrown your thrown your dummy out of pram again.....i wonder who went running from Mumbai attacks to 1971 to prove his pathetic mindset.
Looks like you have serious comprehension issues despite being in the UK since 12 and perceive stuff in a logical manner instead of those green lens. Again, it was about sneaking in...It is easier to sneak in when the opponent has a 7500+km coastline while y'all couldn't guard a 900km coastline during active war time

View attachment 736781

bradfordistani ? :D
what is their profession ?

@Zapper

Here meet your cousins polluting the British streets and put a lid on it, no one gives two monkeys to your kind here.

@Zapper

Here meet your cousins polluting the British streets and put a lid on it, no one gives two monkeys to your kind here.

There are illegals everywhere. Tons of pakistani illegals working in their relatives restaurants here in the US. Pretty much every country has illegals from every major population center in the world. But you conveniently did not respond to why Indians are doing way better in literally every country they migrate to over their pakistani or any other country in that regard...Median income of an Indian household is almost twice that of your lot

Given UK is riddled with pakistani grooming gangs, wouldn't be surprised if you're one of em

Flight carrying Pakistani illegal immigrants from UK lands in Islamabad

https://www.geo.tv/latest/325222-di...n-islamabad-from-london-after-uk-legal-threat

Pakistan refused to accept flight carrying nearly three dozen deportees from UK

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/739454-pakistan-refused-to-accept-flight-carrying-nearly-three-dozen-deportees-from-uk
bradfordistani ? :D
what is their profession ?
It's an area in UK infested with low income unskilled excessively brainwashed pakistanis who jumped on their family bandwagon of chain migration...most of em are part time shop owners who's primary profession is members of grooming gangs or brainwashing others to hate non-muslims

Back
Top Bottom