What's new

Blast in Benazir procession more than 138 people died

Listening to her News Conference right now. She has specifically mentioned the "militants and terrorists" as being responsible, and pointed out the "militants killing our soldiers in Tribal Areas, knocking on the doors of NWFP".

"have a problem with people who pick up weapons to force people into submission."

I hope this is how she and her party continue to highlight the violence.

Acknowledged Musharraf and Altaf Hussain called her to condemn... hopefully this will cool down any tension within Karachi.

Said information about 4 suicide squads - one from FATA, Afghanistan, Karachi each (missed the 4th) was given to GoP, but she understands the difficulties behind apprehending them.

Wrote a letter to P Musharaf, highlighting the "hand" behind the groups targeting her, and wanted him to highlight 3 people, that she wanted him to point out if she was assassinated. Interesting, acknowledging she trusts in Musharaf?

Killing is never justified but BB is the reason so many innocent people have been died. Her party actually took oridinary pakistani worker giving them 500 each to participate in the relly, so its her fault when the government told her not to come on 18th and when she did,.

How can you convine me that if she had come on a date the govt had told her this wont have happened.

they also said that dont prolong the rally, its dangerous yet she decided to go on, obiviously she wasnt afraid as she was on a bulletproof truck but what about the people who died. God bless us all, from these leaders, from the ones that kill innocent people.

Dont blame her atlast for this. Why are you shying away from criticising those terrorists. That bomb was suppose to take innocent lives either now or later in some mass gathering.

Dont blame her atlast for this. Why are you shying away from criticising those terrorists. That bomb was suppose to take innocent lives either now or later in some mass gathering.

You are correct in this. If not now, it would have happened later. Most of her rallies will draw huge crowds, and they will all be targets.

My own criticism directed at her was more over how she would choose to highlight this issue. Listening to her press conference, she seems to have redeemed herself.

She specifically pointed out Altaf Hussain again, at the end of the conference, while mentioning the "moderates" in the GoP. Specifically denied MQM was responsible.

How can you convine me that if she had come on a date the govt had told her this wont have happened.

Your missing the point here. The government said that a murder plot has being created and its not safe for you to come to pakistan. Now she not only dismisses all those claims saying that the government is affraid of me, funny the same goverment that she cut a deal with, but she made into a big relly, her party gathered people to greet her just by paying money to them inorder to show how popular she is? Dont you think is she was so sincere of pakistan she would have avoided all of this BS drama of hers, crying and going over a truck to the tomb of Quaid-e-Azam. But why would she care?

She is the only one and alone that has to be blamed for it. No one else. And i'm not shy from criticising terrorism, i mentioned in my previous post it cannot be justified in anysense, and though terrorism caused the killings, she was the reason those killings took place at the 1st place.

Her procession was supposed to take 4 hours. Providing security for 4 hours is possible. The bombing happened at the 13th hour and she was nowhere near her destination. You give the terrorists all the time they need, they might just score.

Her procession was supposed to take 4 hours. Providing security for 4 hours is possible. The bombing happened at the 13th hour and she was nowhere near her destination. You give the terrorists all the time they need, they might just score.

Politicians always do that. Sonia gandhi had her husband and her mother in law assasinated but yet foes into the crowd even when security officials asks her not to. So do you blame her for doing so, i wont.

This the doing of MQM with look-the-other-way tactic from Mushy.

Karachi has bloody history of violence between MQM & PPP , these days its easy to give every thing a touch of 'religous' extermist'

Altaf Hussain and his goons ( with Mushy's blessings ) ARE responsible for this mess.

I don’t support Bennazir , but why she can’t hold rally without an incident where as thug Altaf calls from London and his supporter show up in large numbers and nothing happens ?!

( MQM worms then use thses gatherings as photo ops that look how much support we have for MQM )

In the 80s both PPP and MQM were at each other’s throat with each killing the other in un-imaginalbe ways. Names like Fahim 'Commando' and Farroq 'Chamber' are synonymous with MQM ( only an MQM thug can have stupid name like that )

Farroq 'Chamber' was called Chamber since he used to kill people by putting them in a chamber! During that time MQM terrorists were involved in the skinning of a Pakistan Amry officer as well! I know this 110% percent , I hope the army declassifies the crimes of Lul-taf and his gang so that they are out for all to see. He was involved in the murder of Hakim Saeed his gang recently was involved in the May the 12th killing and now this is their latest paishkash

Benazir has a very strong base in interior Sindh , already in her home town Larkana , people are waving guns. Thanks to MQM and Mushy. MQM & Mushy and are leading Pakistan to the brink of civil war!

Kya bakwas karte hain Musharraf kay supporter that he is what we need when more Pakistanis have lost their lives under him then ever before ?

Musharaf and MQM are the worst thing that have happened to this country.

So what do you suggest? Musharraf and MQM are the worst thing and yet BB deals with the same people. A president in uniform, and inexchange the GOP removes all cases up from her. Is she the brighter future for pakistan?

Benazir vows to continue struggle for democracy to save Pakistan

KARACHI: Former Prime Minister of Pakistan and PPP chairperson Benazir Bhutto vowed on Friday to continue struggle for democracy to save Pakistan despite heavy loss of lives incurred as a result of assassination attempt made on her life through a suicide attack on caravan of PPP, which was moving towards Mazar-e-Quaid after return of Benazir to Pakistan on Thursday.

The suicide attack PPP caravan at Shahra-e-Faisal near Karsaz on Thursday night left at least 139 people dead including three police officers and over 550 were injured.

Addressing a press conference here, she thanked God Almighty for protecting her and top PPP leaders, saying “ The assassination attempt on but all other top PPP leaders were also targeted.”

Benazir expressed shock and deep grief over loss of PPP workers, security guards and police officers and cops.

Benazir termed the suicide attack as an attack on democracy, integrity of Pakistan and humanity saying, “ The unity and integrity of Pakistan depends on restoration of democratic order in Pakistan.”

Bhutto was unhurt in Thursday night's attack, having climbed into her specially fortified vehicle just moments before two explosions ripped through crowds welcoming her back to Karachi after eight years in exile.

The streets, packed with hundreds of thousands of her jubilant supporters, quickly became a scene of bloody carnage. The campaign bus was scorched and dented.

"The attack was not on me, the attack was on what I represent," Bhutto told a press conference in the port city.

Bhutto pledged to defy the "cowards" from Al-Qaeda, the Taliban and other militant groups who had vowed to launch suicide attacks against her before she flew home from Dubai.

"If it means sacrificing our lives, then we are prepared to risk our lives, but we are not prepared to surrender our great nation to the militants," she said.

President orders for report on blasts within 48 hours

RAWALPINDI: President General Pervez Musharraf has issued directives to intelligence agencies for submitting report on Karachi bomb blasts within 48 hours.

On other hand, President Musharraf phoned Benazir Bhutto and condemned the terrorism incident. He expressed his satisfaction that she was safe in the incident.

On this occasion, both the leaders agreed on making joint efforts for establishing democracy in the country and war against terrorism.

A meeting, presided by President Musharraf, was held at the President’s Camp in Rawalpindi for a detailed review of the law and order situation of the country especially the incident of blasts happened in the night between Thursday and Friday.

According to sources, President Musharraf on this occasion directed the intelligence chiefs to investigate the blasts and submit the complete report to him within 48 hours.

He directed to utilize all possible resources for locating the culprits involved in these blasts and expose the hands in the incident.

According to the sources, the intelligence chiefs told the President on the occasion that there were reports of terrorism on the arrival of Benazir Bhutto and the federal government and Karachi’s home department had informed the PPP leadership about it and security measures were taken together with the PPP.

The sources said that the President Pervez Musharraf on this occasion expressed his deep grief over the loss of precious lives in these blasts and also asked to provide the wounded persons all possible facilities of treatment.

This is moment of trauma and of immense shock!

Yet, it is also time to keep the minds clear so as to think correctly without emotions.

Benazir has returned to Pakistan to become the PM. By becoming the PM, the instruments of power shall be in her hands. This is what she desires, so that the charges against her can be 'seen' in the light that she desires. Therefore, it is a desperate make or break situation for her!

Gen Hamid Gul, the ex ISI boss, in an interview to the Indian TV stated that it was during Benazir's time that the Taliban came into being! Taking that to be correct, it does seem extraordinary that she has pledged to fight the Taliban! Thus, her desperation to take over as the PM can be fathomed.

To believe that Benazir would go cloistered in a bullet proof car and not prove that she is a "part of the awam, would be politically suicidal. Hence, she had to been seen as a part of the 'awam' and that she is fearless! This was both for the domestic as also the international audience.

It should also be remembered that she had made it a huge talking point about Mehsud wanting to assassinate her and that the govt was not giving her jammers during the motorcade! She laid ground that should anything untowards happens, she still comes out smelling of roses.

Let us now see what other political ploys she has up her sleeve!

This the doing of MQM with look-the-other-way tactic from Mushy.

Karachi has bloody history of violence between MQM & PPP , these days its easy to give every thing a touch of 'religous' extermist'

Altaf Hussain and his goons ( with Mushy's blessings ) ARE responsible for this mess.

I don’t support Bennazir , but why she can’t hold rally without an incident where as thug Altaf calls from London and his supporter show up in large numbers and nothing happens ?!

( MQM worms then use thses gatherings as photo ops that look how much support we have for MQM )

In the 80s both PPP and MQM were at each other’s throat with each killing the other in un-imaginalbe ways. Names like Fahim 'Commando' and Farroq 'Chamber' are synonymous with MQM ( only an MQM thug can have stupid name like that )

Farroq 'Chamber' was called Chamber since he used to kill people by putting them in a chamber! During that time MQM terrorists were involved in the skinning of a Pakistan Amry officer as well! I know this 110% percent , I hope the army declassifies the crimes of Lul-taf and his gang so that they are out for all to see. He was involved in the murder of Hakim Saeed his gang recently was involved in the May the 12th killing and now this is their latest paishkash

Benazir has a very strong base in interior Sindh , already in her home town Larkana , people are waving guns. Thanks to MQM and Mushy. MQM & Mushy and are leading Pakistan to the brink of civil war!

Kya bakwas karte hain Musharraf kay supporter that he is what we need when more Pakistanis have lost their lives under him then ever before ?

Musharaf and MQM are the worst thing that have happened to this country.

Almost all the reports right now, including BB's own statements (and she definitely has no love for the MQM, as you pointed out yourself), are pointing to the involvement of Al Qaeda, or/and Taliban from Afghanistan and FATA.

So if it was the MQM, why on earth would BB let them, and Musharraf, off the hook? This has the stamp of religious extremists all over it.

i think our "friend" is a ardant supporter of BB and he has the right to be so. its a free world (sic).
BB has absolved Gen. Musharraf and the MQM and in fact had glowing words for the nazim (Mr.Kemal). he could probably win a assembly seat on a PPP ticket.
if BB is so ****-sure that who the culprits are (3 names) she should come out and say so. who is there to stop her?. the fact is she has no idea. who is this friendly country who has tipped her off? (Iran).
lets come out in the open!!!

i am sorry guys. one more point
BB has actually invited the extremists by her statements that she will allow US to attack Pak territories which harbour al-qaida/taliban.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom