What's new

BLA Watch

My dad was in Zehri, District Khuzdar. He used to go there every year on our ancestor's grave (Darbar Pir Shehr). This time we all told him not to go because of the BLA and etc. But my dad said " No, they won't hurt me i have nothing to do with them" no doubt my father was a very brave man. Now this is the story that guy (Muzawar) told us the guy who takes care of darbar. He said " Main shadi mein gaya hua tha aur main wahan se 2 bje wapas aaya to main ghar ja raha tha aur mere dimag mein khayal aaya ke Sain soya hua hai to maine socha chalo jaun aur dekhoon soyay huay hain k nahi. Lekin jab main wahan pohncha to Charpai giri hui thi aur wahan pe mud thi kyun k uss rat baarish b hui thi aur mud pe nishaan lagay huay thay jese k yahan larai hui ho. Main pareshan hogya aur bhagta hua gaya jahan tak nishaan thay pairoon k but thori dair baad wo khatam ho gaye aur road aa gayi. Main pher bhagta hua gaya logoon ko uthaya aur btaya k ese scene hai to unho ne kaha nai ham ne koi shor nahi suna. Next day main gaya wahan pe tehsil daar k paas (There's no SHO of Police, Tehsil dar takes care of everything) aur sab kuch bta dia to investigation shuru hogai." And on 16 June we got a call from my dad's phone saying " 1 Crore baaki baat messages pe" I said " Abu ki awaz sunvao aur paise le jana" and then i was quite happy because i knew it that now they have demanded the money now things will be all good. But the things got worse, he didn't replied to any call or msg after that.Then my cousins and mamus used their links and asked some guys to give us information about who did this. On 21st June our links told us he is dead there are two dead bodies and unrecognisable. The bags were with them with suits, the ID card and stuff some cash was in my dad's pocket Atm etc they stole everything. And there was a servant too with my dad they killed him too. So to clear the doubt we asked the court for DNA and its in process.

RIP. Really sad to hear this. In fact more than being sad I am angry. Today I really feel proud on our agencies and security forces who have killed r@ts belonging to BLA, BRA, BLF, BSO(Azad), BNM, BRP etc etc. May more of this kid gets killed in most humiliating manner.

A BLA commander is killed in an operation in Panjgur area by FC.
@Aeronaut

Move thread to Seniors' Club.

One more r@t sent to hell. Good work FC. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP. Really sad to hear this. In fact more than being sad I am angry. Today I really feel proud on our agencies and security forces who have killed r@ts belonging to BLA, BRA, BLF, BSO(Azad), BNM, BRP etc etc. May more of this kid gets killed in most humiliating manner.

One more r@t sent to hell. Good work FC. :)

Awesome, you don't know how happy i am after seeing your post.

Bro I'm so sorry to hear that !

I'm sure Uncle is in a better place up there !

Are you a Baluch by the way ?

Yaraaa @DESERT FIGHTER @Irfan Baloch - Have you guys visited Khuzdar of late are things really this bad there ?

I visited khuzdar many years back... recently nope... never really got the chance...

Zardari gone, we are getting closer to the master minds.

news179-580x835.jpg

Hi. I have a couple of questions pertaining to Balochistan.

How is Baloch society structured? Is it along tribal, clan lines?

How is baloch culture different (or similar) to other provinces in Pakistan?

What roles do Sardars play in Bloch socierty in terms of Power structures.

What do rest of the Pakistanis think of the Baloch people.

Thank you in advance for any answers =)

Hi. I have a couple of questions pertaining to Balochistan.

How is Baloch society structured? Is it along tribal, clan lines?

How is baloch culture different (or similar) to other provinces in Pakistan?

What roles do Sardars play in Bloch socierty in terms of Power structures.

What do rest of the Pakistanis think of the Baloch people.

Thank you in advance for any answers =)

Tribal....

I cant say that i know alot about baloch culture... but it is pretty similar to pakistans western part....

alot of balochistan is controlled by feudals. so yes, sardars play a major part in baloch society.

Balochistan is our biggest province, and one of our most unstable one. We are not having much trohble with the insurgency, but rather with the Islamic extremists in Quetta.
Balochis are not a big ethnic group. they are a minority in balochistan. there are more pashtun in balochistan than balochis

Tribal....

I cant say that i know alot about baloch culture... but it is pretty similar to pakistans western part....

alot of balochistan is controlled by feudals. so yes, sardars play a major part in baloch society.

Balochistan is our biggest province, and one of our most unstable one. We are not having much trohble with the insurgency, but rather with the Islamic extremists in Quetta.
Balochis are not a big ethnic group. they are a minority in balochistan. there are more pashtun in balochistan than balochis

I am an Indian, so you have to excuse my ignorance. Isn't Baluchistan rich in minerals? I have also heard that Baloch separatists have on occasions targeted people from other provinces.

Are there occasions where the Baloch people are discriminated?

I can't remember who said it, but it is said that a North Indian has more in common with a Pakistani than a South Indian. So I grew up disinterested in Pakistan.

I have developed curiosity as of late.

BLA terrorists kidnapped my dad then martyred him. :'(

May his soul rest in peace ......

May God give you strength to come out form the effect of this incidents and to deal with the situation .....

[URL='http://www.dawn.com/news/1099895/conspiracy-theories']Conspiracy theories
[/url]

Dawn
Editorial
April 15, 2014

NOTHING ever changes in Balochistan it seems. On Sunday, Sanaullah Zehri, senior provincial minister, expanded on what he believes to be the real causes of violence and unrest in Balochistan: India. Furthermore, if the port in Gwadar were to become a regional trading hub, an unnamed superpower — how many of them are left anyway? — and sundry unnamed regional countries would do their best to destabilise the entire country simply to cause the port to fail. There was nothing new in what Mr Zehri said. Theories and conspiracies along the same lines have been peddled for years now. Nevertheless, the minister’s words are cause for dismay — because the provincial government he is a part of and the prime minister whose party he is a member of both have long assessed the problems in Balochistan very differently, and correctly: the long-running, low-level insurgency in the province that has all but cut off the Baloch areas from the rest of the country for years now is the result of alienation felt by the Baloch and a security-centric policy towards the province by the security establishment.

The problem with Mr Zehri’s analysis is that it misses the point altogether. For years now, Pakistani authorities have routinely complained of Indian interference in Balochistan — and yet never once publicly produced evidence of the so-called interference. But even if the euphemistically referred to interference is real, is that really a symptom or cause of the real problem in Balochistan? While India is hardly to be taken lightly or its intentions always assumed to be the best, tarring the security crisis in Balochistan with the India brush makes the resolution of the real problem that much more difficult. If “progress and prosperity cannot be achieved until peace is restored in Balochistan” in Mr Zehri’s own words, then how is that peace to be achieved if a peripheral issue is given centre stage and little is said about why Balochistan is still in a world of trouble?

Yet, the conspiratorial worldview does not stop at India. The senior minister from Balochistan decided to roll out the conspiracy theorists’ other favourite game, ie the phantom war between China and the US over the Gwadar port. Somehow, despite bilateral trade between the US and China growing to more than half a trillion US dollars last year and the US policy towards Pakistan focused on expanding trade opportunities regionally and globally, the port in Gwadar — one of many in the region — is seen to be crossing some strategic red line that is all too obvious to the chosen few. Gwadar has not taken off for many reasons, not least opposition in some Baloch quarters itself. Surely, the problems of Balochistan will never be resolved if its leadership keeps getting the diagnosis wrong.

Pakistan completes border trench in Balochistan
Pakistani authorities say the trench is one step in their effort to keep out militants based in Afghanistan, officials say.
By Abdul Ghani Kakar
2014-11-24

QUETTA – A new 480km-long trench along the Pakistani-Afghan frontier in Balochistan will enhance Pakistani national security by helping to prevent the cross-border movements of militants and other criminal elements, Frontier Corps (FC) and provincial officials say.

Pakistani security personnel in September stand by a new 8-ft-deep and 10-ft-wide trench along the Afghan-Pakistani border. The trench in Balochistan Province is meant to make it more difficult for militants and other criminals to cross into Balochistan, officials say. [Abdul Ghani Kakar].

The 8-ft-deep and 10-ft-wide trench,which cost Rs. 260m (US $2.5m) to dig and was finished November 16, is part of Pakistan's strategy to counter terrorism and prevent foreign militants from infiltrating the country via the province, they say.

Pakistan has deployed troops along the trench to patrol the border, FC officials said. Some sections of the trench have been topped with barbed wire, and more wiring will be installed later, FC Col. Faheem Baber said.
"This project is part of the administrative and security procedures that Pakistan has undertaken to secure the porous mountainous border with Afghanistan," FC provincial spokesman Dr. Khan Wasse told Central Asia Online.

"It's our right to protect and secure our border," he said. "The trench excavation will prevent the illegal movements in Pakistan from neighbouring countries. Anti-peace elements are providing facilities to militants, and re-launching them in bordering areas. We are spending all available resources to counter terrorism and to protect our border."

Excavation for the project began in mid-September, and even as work was under way, the trench already has "greatly reduced" cross-border infiltration by militants, Balochistan Home and Tribal Affairs Minister Mir Sarfaraz Bugti said.

"The influx of terrorists into Balochistan is a major threat to our internal security; therefore, we are taking all possible steps to foil the rise of insurgency in the province," he said. "Excavation of the trench will play an important role in securing our border."

Militants have several hideouts in Balochistan, and they have been carrying out attacks on security installations, religious minorities, railway tracks, passenger trains and other targets, he said.

"We are conducting targeted operations against these militants, and it has largely eliminated their violence," he added, noting that the trench also was helping to curb cross-border drug smuggling and gun running.

Balochistan: linchpin of national security
Keeping Balochistan safe from terrorists is vital to Pakistan's security, Abdul Rahim Ziaratwal, provincial minister for information, law and parliamentary affairs, told CAO.

"The excavation of the trench is a major step, and we believe that it will halt the re-emergence of those militants in Balochistan who fled from the on-going Operation Zarb-e-Azb in North Waziristan and the Federally Administered Tribal Areas [FATA]," he said.

Because the province's security landscape is complex, it is important to assess the situation and identify key weaknesses, according to Gen. (ret.) Talat Masood, a senior defence analyst. Part of this calls for Pakistan to re-examine its border control and immigration policies, he said.

"The illegal entrance of foreigners including Uzbeks, Tajiks, and other foreign nationals from the neighbouring countries into Pakistan is creating security challenges for the country," he told Central Asia Online. "The government needs to go for concrete steps curbing [illegal entry] into Balochistan, which will also diminish the growing [insurgency] in the province."

The FC, meanwhile, has installed the Smart Verification Alert System (SVAS) system at posts on the border. It allows Pakistani immigration officials to check the authenticity of national identification cards by scanning their barcodes.

'Paradigm shift'
Establishing peace and wiping out terrorism remain the prime focus of security forces in Balochistan, and the province is undergoing a "paradigm shift" in how it deals with the threat, Balochistan Chief Minister Dr. Abdul Malik Baloch said in a statement.

"Some banned militant groups are supporting an ISIL ['Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant'] agenda in the province, and a threat of their influence is present in Balochistan," his statement read.

"We are working closely to curb militancy in the region, and the ongoing steps in the matter have improved the law-and-order situation to a great extent," Malik said.

Its only after a long time that we are looking towards our western boundary. The area should have been trenched and mined a long time back. We need to take solid measures to ensure the border is closed, especially since we allege Indian help is being provided to militants both sectarian and ultra nationalist.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom