What's new

BLA Watch

1173839_594890737228544_699569835_n.jpg

Afghan passport of Riaz Gul Bugti, close colleague of Baloch Republic Army's Chief Brahamdagh Bugti, with Indian visa.

Disguised as Ahmad Javeed, his occupation is shown as a 'Businessman', which is truly who he is, a businessman running someone else's proxies for personal gain.

QUETTA: Security forces killed eight armed militants during a search operation on Friday night in Balochistan's troubled Bolan district in the aftermath of the attack on Rawalpindi-bound Jaffar Express train, a senior administration official said.

Deputy Commissioner Bolan Abdul Waheed Shah told reporters that security forces launched a search operation in mountains of Machh and Kolpur, killing eight militants.

Shah said the militants resisted the operation and both sides exchanged heavy firing during the action that continued for more than five hours. “Tension prevails in the area after the killings,” he said.

More troops were called in the area to control the situation developed after the armed clash. However, a local levies official, who requested not to be named since he was not authorised to speak to media, told Dawn.com that helicopters were also being used in the search operation.

“Two helicopters are hovering over mountains of Machh and other areas of Bolan,” he said.

Armed militants killed four passengers and injured another 27 in a rocket attack at Jaffar Express earlier in the day. The attack was followed by fierce clashes between security forces and armed militants.

“As the train reached Dozan area of Machh, there was a huge blast,” an injured of the attack Mohibullah told Dawn.com. He said the blast was followed by intense firing by frontier corps personnel guarding the Jaffar Express.

The injured were rushed to Civil Hospital Quetta for medical treatment. Women and children were also among the injured. Emergency was imposed in the hospital and senior doctors were called in to treat the injured.

Train service between Balochistan and other parts of the country was temporarily suspended. However Jaffar express was allowed to proceed towards Rawalpindi after alteration of engine.

Meanwhile, Bolan Mail from Karachi to Quetta was stopped at Notal area of Naseerabad for security reasons. “We have been waiting for last five hours for departure,” Allauddin, an awaiting passenger told Dawn.com on telephone. He said that Notal was also sensitive area and all the passengers were concerned about their security.

Allauddin claimed that all passengers have been asked to spend night at Notal and the train would depart tomorrow in the morning after security clearance.

Friday’s attack comes just over a week after gunmen disguised as security personnel killed 11 civilians and two security men after kidnapping them from Punjab-bound passenger coaches also near Machh Town.

The coaches were coming from Quetta and the banned Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) had claimed responsibility for the killings.

Balochistan, Pakistan’s largest province by area, is plagued by extremist militancy and sectarian violence, as well as a regional insurgency waged by separatist militants.

Security forces kill eight militants following Jaffar Express attack - DAWN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------

There was also an op in Mach after the Bus attack.

Let's just do an op once and for all, full backing of civilians.

They look peaceful, God bless the peacemakers.

If they proven to be associated with radical groups, I would sacrifice them for the sake of our children.

We had seen many similar things in here :-) ..

If they proven to be associated with radical groups, I would sacrifice them for the sake of our children.

We had seen many similar things in here :-) ..

Have you ever seen 10 'Peaceful Marxist Mercenaries' - ? - Look above, how peaceful are they! - These bastards must know, that we will hunt them down one by one for attacking our father's museum, a point of no return has been reached.

Have you ever seen 10 'Peaceful Marxist Mercenaries' - ? - Look above, how peaceful are they! - These bastards must know, that we will hunt them down one by one for attacking our father's museum, a point of no return has been reached.

There is no need for you to represent an example to me. I had seen 4 similar raids on my own eyes, my own school was bombed in 2005, and I lost my relative because of similar scumbags like those. Lastly, I know how does it feel like to live in a country like this, simply because of the aforementioned incidents I mentioned above.

Security forces take over Machh jail, launch search operation
DAWN.COM
File Photo
Published
2013-08-17 12:42:44

Email
0 Comment(s)
Print
QUETTA: Security forces have taken over control of Machh jail, the most sensitive jail in the southwestern Balochistan province.

The jail as its name signifies is situated in Machh, a small town in the Bolan district, about 60 kilometres from provincial capital Quetta.

A large-scale search operation was underway inside the jail, with thorough checking of the barracks going on.

At present, there are about 1500 to 2000 prisoners in Machh Jail, including some high profile criminals and convicted terrorists.

Security forces took control of the prison a day after a rocket attack on Jaffar Express near Bolan. At least two people were killed in the attack on the Rawalpindi-bound train which began its journey from Quetta.

The attack on the train was followed by a search operation near the mountains of Machh Town. Eight militants were killed as a result.

Friday’s attack came just about a week after gunmen disguised as security personnel killed 11 civilians and two security men after kidnapping them from Punjab-bound passenger coaches near Machh.

Security in the Quetta, Machh and Gadani jails is on red alert following information of possible terrorist attacks.

QUETTA: As many as two militants were killed after an exchange of fire with Balochistan Frontier Corps officials during a search operation in Dozan area of Bolan district on Saturday, a day after attack on Jaffar Express that left two passengers killed and 31 others critically injured.

An FC spokesman told APP here that FC patrolling teams were conducting search in the mountains from where the miscreants launched rocket attack on Rawalpindi-bound Jaffar Express as they came under attack.

Two militants were killed in retaliation by the FC and sized a cache of arms and ammunitions from the site.

Meanwhile, FC officials recovered five hand grenades along with fuses, a pistol with 26 rounds from the possession of two unidentified persons in Mastung.

QUETTA: Two commanders among ten militants were killed in Mand area of Balochistan on Saturday morning, official sources confirmed.

Frontier Corps spokesman told that FC convoy was on routine patrolling when armed men ambushed them in Dokob area of Mand district. The FC personnel repulsed the attack and shot dead ten miscreants while several others suffered injuries. Two militant commanders were among the dead, spokesman claimed.

Soon after the incident, FC men launched a search operation in the area to track down the suspects.

@Last Hope @Aeronaut and others...

Hey guys. From what I heard from my father. A delegation from Turkish National Police had recently gone to Pakistan. Regarding counter-terrorism in Balochistan. Any valuable info regarding that issue would be appreciated

Let me tell you,the objective of delegation's visit was to discuss the strategy that was applied by Turkish regime.Here is reference of Express Tribune.

LAHORE: A three-member Turkish police delegation that arrived in the city on Tuesday, met with Punjab Inspector General Police Khan Baig at the city police office on Wednesday.

The delegation will train Punjab policemen in counter-terrorism and security measures.

The delegation is part of a programme for mutual cooperation between the Punjab and Turkish governments. A formal agreement in this regard will be signed in September this year.

The delegation comprises a senior deputy inspector general and superintendent officials. They have been given four rooms at the CPO and duty staff transferred from the police department. A working plan for the delegation was finalised at the meeting.

A senior police officer at the IGP told The Express Tribune that the families of the Turkish officials had arrived with them and arrangements for their residence and security had been completed. They will be looked after by the Police and Home Departments.

The IGP has also constituted a four-member committee comprising Additional Police Inspector General Muhammad Amlaish, Operations DIG Farooq Mazhar, Admin and Security AIG Sajjad Hasan Manjh and Traffic Headquarters Senior Superintendent Tariq Abbas Qureshi to assist the delegation. They will help the delegation in their operations and formulate security and counter-terrorism strategies. Admin AIG Sajjad hassan Manjh has been appointed the focal person for the Turkish police delegation and the Home Department.

The Turkish police officials will study the working procedures of the Punjab police, starting with complaint filing and investigation procedure, a senior police official at the IG office told The Express Tribune. He said that they would be provided logistic support.

The delegation will observe policing patterns across the Punjab and devise a strategy to fight terrorism in the province. They will also help improve the Punjab police’s capacity. The delegation has been tasked with preparing a plan for counter-terrorism within a year. They will visit Police Training Centres across the province and train Punjab Police officers and personnel.

“Their residences and names are being kept confidential by the Police Department for security reasons,” IGP DPR Nabeela Ghazanfar said

I am working on report currently related to counter terrorism strategy,which will cover all such points.
@Aeronaut @WebMaster

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom