What's new

BJP set to name Narendra Modi as 2014 campaign chief, Advani sulks

Please anybody but Advani, the country rejected him twice in 2004 and in 2009, for me Sushma Swaraj was the best candidate, great orator and she would have appealed to women voters as well, second comes Modi

Brushing aside reservations of patriarch L K Advani and some other senior leaders, the BJP today anointed Narendra Modi as Chairman of its Election Campaign Committee for the 2014 polls, a move considered just short of making him the prime ministerial candidate.

"I want to give you a significant information. ...I have announced (at the National Executive) that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as Chairman of the BJP Election Campaign Committee, keeping in mind the challenge of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections and to achieve victory in the polls," party President Rajnath Singh told the media at the conclusion of its 2-day deliberations.

The announcement was made in a terse statement by Singh who was flanked by Leaders of Opposition in Parliament Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley, former President M Venkaiah Naidu, General Secretary Ananth Kumar among others. No questions were taken at the media interaction.

"Whatever has happened has happened on the basis of consensus," Singh said without elaborating. The decision to appoint 63-year-old Modi came against the backdrop of Advani, who is said to be strongly opposed to the elevation of Modi, keeping away from the meeting.

Several other leaders including Jaswant Singh, Yashwant Sinha, Uma Bharati and Shatrughan Sinha, who are also said to be reportedly having reservations on Modi's elevation, also kept away from the Executive meeting.

After two days of deliberations and dilemma, the party appears to have taken the plunge by plumping for Modi in a crucial role, ignoring reservations from leaders like Advani, the tallest leader after Atal Bihari Vajpayee.

Singh said all parties view elections as a challenge and BJP also viewed the coming Lok Sabha elections as a challenge and Modi's elevation was done keeping in mind the need to achieve victory.

"We are absolutely sure that the Congress-led UPA government has lost the confidence of the people and are confident that the BJP will be voted to power in the 2014 elections," he said.

outlookindia.com

Love the way how Congressis are crying for LK Advani now.....

How there party has betrayed him....blah blah blah......:rofl:

He is 86 for GOD sake, will be 87 in 2014.....

Whatever work he has done for party & all that, but there is an AGE OF RETIREMENT.....RIGHT??

Why don't you tell me instead as to why should UPA be ELECTED again??

@jbgt90 SERIOUSLY....can you tell me WHY i should vote for Congress instead of mocking at BJP & why it will be bad choice, etc.....???

mate i am not mocking the bjp , i am laughing at it. :)
they call them self's a democratic party but hate people who have views adverse to them.
by the way i never get emotional while discussing politics, its nothing but a game which we win some times, some times the other wins.
As to voting for congress , i have yet to see a bjp supporter vote for one:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Advani can kiss my big black *** anytime ! We saw how BJP under LK Advani and Arun Jaitley fcuked it up when congress magic was already waning after UPA - I !!

He needs to take a back seat now !

narendra modi - the P.M in making.... :D
images

mate i am not mocking the bjp , i am laughing at it. :)
they call them self's a democratic party but hate people who have views adverse to them.
by the way i never get emotional while discussing politics, its nothing but a game which we win some times, some times the other wins.
As to voting for congress , i have yet to see a bjp supporter vote for one:)

Why???

B'coz in BJP any one can become PM & in Congress it is decided 40 years back???

& i knew you wouldn't give the answer of my question as to why congress should be elected, i was open for a debate anytime.

Anyways, Best Luck.

Why???

B'coz in BJP any one can become PM & in Congress it is decided 40 years back???

& i knew you wouldn't give the answer of my question as to why congress should be elected, i was open for a debate anytime.

Anyways, Best Luck.

As a bjp supporter what can i say which will make you vote congress mate? NOTHING. so why should i bother?
like i said i am not emotional about politics. to me its a game , in fact to most politicians its a game as well . its only people who get emotional and get swayed by speeches who end you getting disappointed. you will too , over a period of time you will wonder what got you so charged you as you are today. :)

take the advice of an old hand , dont get emotional , if you want to support a party, do so , do what ever is needed by ensuring you can get them votes. but never get emotional. :)

As a bjp supporter what can i say which will make you vote congress mate? NOTHING. so why should i bother?
like i said i am not emotional about politics. to me its a game , in fact to most politicians its a game as well . its only people who get emotional and get swayed by speeches who end you getting disappointed. you will too , over a period of time you will wonder what got you so charged you as you are today. :)

take the advice of an old hand , dont get emotional , if you want to support a party, do so , do what ever is needed by ensuring you can get them votes. but never get emotional. :)

EMOTIONAL ABOUT A PARTY -------> NOPE

EMOTIONAL ABOUT MY COUNTRY -------> YUP

EMOTIONAL ABOUT A PARTY -------> NOPE

EMOTIONAL ABOUT MY COUNTRY -------> YUP

For what? be realistic mate . are we as a country in any danger? you need to concentrate on your life , your own personal growth , do well in life . that will be the best way to serve your country . not this.

For what? be realistic mate . are we as a country in any danger? you need to concentrate on your life , your own personal growth , do well in life . that will be the best way to serve your country . not this.

You are entitled to your opinion buddy don't try to shove it down someone's else throat, by your logic governance isn't any criteria to judge the government.So what if, tax payer's money get's thrown in black holes of Swiss Banks or what if, GDP of India tanks to lowest level of the decade or what if , Delhi becomes rape capital of the World or so what if, companies like Ranbaxy are fined 500 millions $ for selling same drugs which they openly sell in Indian market, so what if rupees becomes weak in comparision to $ , so what Rafel negotiation drags on till eternity.I can go on like this whole day.Point is we can't remain oblivious to the what is happenings in world around us which directly or indirectly gona affects us sooner or letter ,if we do that then it would be complete wastage of literate human resource of India.

You are entitled to your opinion buddy don't try to shove it down someone's else throat, by your logic governance isn't any criteria to judge the government.So what if, tax payer's money get's thrown in black holes of Swiss Banks or what if, GDP of India tanks to lowest level of the decade or what if , Delhi becomes rape capital of the World or so what if, companies like Ranbaxy are fined 500 millions $ for selling same drugs which they openly sell in Indian market, so what if rupees becomes weak in comparision to $ , so what Rafel negotiation drags on till eternity.I can go on like this whole day.Point is we can't remain oblivious to the what is happenings in world around us which directly or indirectly gona affects us sooner or letter ,if we do that then it would be complete wastage of literate human resource of India.

Was i addressing you? NO
would like to refute you point by point but why bother ? it has no effect with people like you who believe the govt is responsible for ever thing. so go ahead ...:)

Was i addressing you? NO
would like to refute you point by point but why bother ? it has no effect with people like you who believe the govt is responsible for ever thing. so go ahead ...:)

LOL .......now we know why we should vote for Congress :cheesy: ...... their govt. is not responsible for anything ....its all our fault......useless yindoos :lol:

LOL .......now we know why we should vote for Congress :cheesy: ...... their govt. is not responsible for anything ....its all our fault......useless yindoos :lol:

Look at what he wrote , i highlighted it . is the govt responsible for any of those thing? is so i would LOVE it if you would explain to me how.:)

Look at what he wrote , i highlighted it . is the govt responsible for any of those thing? is so i would LOVE it if you would explain to me how.:)

:lol: Of course the govt. is responsible for all that your have highlighted. By their policies, their implementations, their safeguards, their governance and their administration.

Its amazing I have to explain this to a party worker of a Major Political party in India. Queen Bee zindabad .....drones zindabad :hang2: ....Bee hive zindabad.

:lol: Of course the govt. is responsible for all that your have highlighted. By their policies, their implementations, their safeguards, their governance and their administration.

Its amazing I have to explain this to a party worker of a Major Political party in India. Queen Bee zindabad .....drones zindabad :hang2: ....Bee hive zindabad.

You are dumb . enuff said.

Back
Top Bottom