What's new

BJP set to name Narendra Modi as 2014 campaign chief, Advani sulks

Buddy he said someplace tht modi would cause too much infigting and give the opposition unnecessary fodder, where do u thing hes wrong?

Modi undoubtedly is a man of actions rather than words but still hes not the kind of person tht could mange a coalition.Hes a lone wolf.

Only JDU seems to be vocal about that and there was recent pre-poll survey conducted in Bihar and results clearly shows that BJP's number of seats are only gona shoot up to 20 from 12 at present so it would be a loss only to Nitish if he chooses to trash NDA headed by NaMo.So as far as I am concerned I think old Advani just can't digest the fact that second generation leader is gona replace him foe PM post.

Most of us are frustrated with the 60 years of Pseudo Secular rule, and how our values are compromised. Enough of all this, we need a Nationalist leader us to lead us from front in true spirit of our nations value.

The Indians are coming...........................................................!

Only JDU seems to be vocal about that and there was recent pre-poll survey conducted in Bihar and results clearly shows that BJP's number of seats are only gona shoot up to 20 from 12 at present so it would be a loss only to Nitish if he chooses to trash NDA headed by BJP.So as far as I am concerned I think old Advani just can't digest the fact that second generation leader is gona replace him foe PM post.

It might be so , He could be only saying thing just to get Modi out of the way.

But the way i see it IF modi wants to have it his way then he would have to do a lot more than Bihar and Gujrat. I fear Modi is not gona command a dominating majority throughout India.

Look what happend to PTI in Pakistan. This countries leadership wont be determined by Internet intelligentsia..

It might be so , He could be only saying thing just to get Modi out of the way.

But the way i see it IF modi wants to have it his way then he would have to do a lot more than Bihar and Gujrat. I fear Modi is not gona command a dominating majority throughout India.

Look what happend to PTI in Pakistan. This countries leadership wont be determined by Internet intelligentsia..

PTI was never in fray in any of the pre-poll surveys, it got just one less than what popular surveys had predicted.

PTI was voted in only by Pathans and hence Nawaj seems to punishing those Pathans by not selecting even one Khan in his 25 members cabinet.

You can't draw parallel between PTI and BJP.

PM PM PM :victory::victory:

r

PTI was never in fray in any of the pre-poll surveys, it got just one less than what popular surveys had predicted.

PTI was voted in only by Pathans and hence Nawaj seems to punishing those Pathans by not selecting even one Khan in his 25 members cabinet.

You can't draw parallel between PTI and BJP.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...paign-chief-advani-sulks-2.html#ixzz2VdN7uX5y

i would never draw any parity between Khan and Modi lol...Khan is no where near a tested and veteran Leader like modi. But My point was derived from the fact that, could Narender Modi command a complete majority(like the majority of Internet ppl would have me believe) ,if not then im not sure he could get support from a strong coalition. and im pretty sure BJP wouldent comand any such victory ...its gonna be neck and neck.

BJP is basically screwing own chance, they might get more seats, but they cant form govt because nobody will be their partner if they go on like this.
once BJP will get 180 to 200 seats on their own (not an impossible task- during vajpayee time they had 182) all ideology and "secularism" will go out of the door and regional parties will come as allies.

for sake of power anything can happen. otherwise can you imagine Mulayam and Mayawati supporting the same govt?

once BJP will get 180 to 200 seats on their own (not an impossible task- during vajpayee time they had 182) all ideology and "secularism" will go out of the door and regional parties will come as allies.

for sake of power anything can happen. otherwise can you imagine Mulayam and Mayawati supporting the same govt?

there is no way bjp is getting 180 to 200 seats. show me where it will come from?(if they go alone). How are they going to do pre-poll alighnment with modi as PM candidate. They are going to divide anti congress vote.

In 13th Loksabha, Under Vajpayee the BJP had 182 seats

AP 7,
Assam 2,
Bihar (including present day jharkhand) 23
Goa 2,
Gujarat 20
Haryana 5
HP 3
J&K 2
Karnataka 7
MP (including present day chattisgarh) 29
maharastra 13
Orrisa 9
Punjab 1
Rajasthan 16
TN 4
UP (including Present day Uttarakhand) 29
WB 2
Andaman 1
Delhi 7
TN 4

With all due respect to Modi fan boys.....This will be the most stupid decision by the BJP yo name Modi as their PM candidate.

Advani is the architect of the present BJP and a national leader and the party must acknowledge his leadership and give him the chance to be the face of the party in the next election and be the PM of the country.He has the stature and the exposure to be called the PM of a 1.2 billion people.He also represents the metamorphosis of BJP from a fundamental right wing party to a secular main stream party.His hands are not clean either the disgrace of fall if the Babri mosque is squarely on him but time and again he has expressed remorse and regret for his actions and above all he has been the national home minister under Atalji so he has all the credentials to become the next PM and command the best coalition under him.BJP should and must give him a chance before he retires in to sunset as age and maturity is a key element of state craft.

Modi is lucky to be a gujrati...the most hardworking and industrious people in India. I wonder how big a leader he would have been if he was from UP or west Bengal.It is like the captain of the team is only as good as the other members of the team. Gujratis were are and will do well irrespective of Modi being around yes he should get some credit in streamlining things and marketing the same to media to his advantage. He has no background to be a PM of a country at present I would say if he is the home minister under Advaniji for next five years he at best can be a contender for the seat.It is no hidden fact that Modi has yet to clean his hands of the Gujrat carnage and in the history of independent India no leader has given such tacit covert or overt support to such wrongdoings. Such rush of blood is not the leadership quality a party should look for when selecting a leader to the post of a PM.

Modi has never come clean on Godhra but used his silence to collect both negative and positive publicity out of it.He has exploited the case to be who he is today and his unease is too visible on his face.India is no Gujrat to be controlled by a bunch of thugs under him.None of the leading countries will give him visa or if someone does under economic or bilateral pressure I don't want demonstration with black flags when he lands in foreign lands like today they do with Ahmedijan of Iran.India and Indians has too much at stake here and we need a leader with more national and international exposure or it will be a case of a frog who jumped out of a well into the deep blue sea.
Our foreign policy will be in constant firefighting and damage control mode. All our energy needs are met from supplies from middle east and we don't want to upset our international partners with a tainted leader.

I am not happy saying this but its a fact all senior BJP leaders say that Modi has shot himself in the foot and he will be the proverbial albatross around neck of BJP in case it comes to power.It will be a huge embarrassment to be throned and dethroned for a leader of Modi's caliber the best option is to be the tallest leader of BJP nationally rather than be a international pariah.

With all due respect to Modi fan boys.....This will be the most stupid decision by the BJP yo name Modi as their PM candidate.

With all respect to sycophants of Advani.........BJP is looking to name the head of their election campaign committee and not the PM. You 'abilities' are clearly identified with this starting post.

Advani is the architect of the present BJP and a national leader and the party must acknowledge his leadership and give him the chance to be the face of the party in the next election and be the PM of the country.He has the stature and the exposure to be called the PM of a 1.2 billion people.

Party has acknowledged his leadership for the last 20 years :P .....he is 86 now ...older than my grandmother...its time for BJP to acknowledge his AGE and give him a walking stick and diapers. He was the 'face' of the party in 2004 AND in 2009 and both time he has delivered SQUAT. Time to acknowledge his FAILURE TOO. He HAD the stature and exposure to be called PM but now he has the stature to be called grand OLD MAN and be given a wheel chair.

He also represents the metamorphosis of BJP from a fundamental right wing party to a secular main stream party.His hands are not clean either the disgrace of fall if the Babri mosque is squarely on him but time and again he has expressed remorse and regret for his actions and above all he has been the national home minister under Atalji so he has all the credentials to become the next PM and command the best coalition under him. BJP should and must give him a chance before he retires in to sunset as age and maturity is a key element of state craft.

BJP has been giving him Chance after Chance ...and he has failed to deliver. If he was CEO of any company he would have been fired by now :laughcry: Its only due to our 'sanskriti' that he is allowed to dodder at the top.

Modi is lucky to be a gujrati...the most hardworking and industrious people in India.

Modi is lucky to be an INDIAN, a Gujarati, a Man etc.....Its good to have such a lucky man as our head. Maybe his luck will rub off on India :P

I wonder how big a leader he would have been if he was from UP or west Bengal.

And you can continue to wonder. We on the other hand Know it for sure he would be a Great Leader either way.

It is like the captain of the team is only as good as the other members of the team. Gujratis were are and will do well irrespective of Modi being around yes he should get some credit in streamlining things and marketing the same to media to his advantage.

So you agree that Modi should be the captain of Team BJP. That way he will be as good as his team :devil:. If he is GOOD in streamlining things as you have admitted and marketing the same to the Media to his advantage we should certainly make him PM as he could do the same to India and market it via the media to the whole world. What better man to be PM ? :azn:

He has no background to be a PM of a country at present I would say if he is the home minister under Advaniji for next five years he at best can be a contender for the seat.

Both Advani and Modi would be FIRST TIME PM. So both things being the same, Modi is way younger and has far more popular support. Clearly NaMo is a better candidate for PM.

It is no hidden fact that Modi has yet to clean his hands of the Gujrat carnage and in the history of independent India no leader has given such tacit covert or overt support to such wrongdoings. Such rush of blood is not the leadership quality a party should look for when selecting a leader to the post of a PM.

LOL.....sound like a desperate congress statement. SIT has proved NaMo is clean......we choose to believe SIT rather than you. :wave:

Modi has never come clean on Godhra but used his silence to collect both negative and positive publicity out of it.

WRONG. Modi has come clean on Godhra......and he has demonstrated ability to convert even negative publicity into something positive. Something an Indian PM must DO on a daily basis.

He has exploited the case to be who he is today and his unease is too visible on his face.

If he has exploited the case then he is an EXCELLENT Politician who knows how to make the best of the worst situation. Something an Indian PM again needs to do on a near continuous basis. BTW I happen to think he is very comfortable with who he is and he has refused to bow down to media pressure showing how much of ease he is of the situation and how strong his character is. Something Advani could not do .....refer to the infamous Jinnha secular comment.

India is no Gujrat to be controlled by a bunch of thugs under him.

LOL......really ? thats the best you can do? :lol:

None of the leading countries will give him visa or if someone does under economic or bilateral pressure I don't want demonstration with black flags when he lands in foreign lands like today they do with Ahmedijan of Iran.

Unlike you, we NaMo supporters do not suffer from an INFERIORITY complex and are not White Worshipers. So we really DONT CARE about what other people think. What matters to us is what other Indians think.

India and Indians has too much at stake here and we need a leader with more national and international exposure or it will be a case of a frog who jumped out of a well into the deep blue sea.

Modi who was a RSS grass root worker from the age of 14 is certainly a man with LOTS of National exposure.....it is a case of a Tea stall boy jumping into the PM seat. Not bad if I may say so myself.

Our foreign policy will be in constant firefighting and damage control mode. All our energy needs are met from supplies from middle east and we don't want to upset our international partners with a tainted leader.

LOL......unlike you we are NOT AFRAID of who we are and do no live in fear of the 'Others'. Under Modi our Foreign Policy will be VERY CLEAR and CHINA will most certainly be our friend. As the old saying goes .....a Good Neighbor is far better than a distant friend.

I am not happy saying this but its a fact all senior BJP leaders say that Modi has shot himself in the foot and he will be the proverbial albatross around neck of BJP in case it comes to power.It will be a huge embarrassment to be throned and dethroned for a leader of Modi's caliber the best option is to be the tallest leader of BJP nationally rather than be a international pariah.

I am also not too happy saying this but Advani has shot BJP for his own desperate GREED for being PM. Shame on him for mortgaging the hopes of millions to satisfy his greed and dreams. He did in once with Ram Mandir issue ......We will be damned if we let him do that to us again !

As Vajpayee has shown before ...its better to be throned and then dethroned, than compromise on your principles like Advani for greed and remain in the shadows of great men. Thank GOD Modi is nothing like Advani.

Basically Advani has finished Modi's prospects of becoming PM. I guess now Modi should reconcile himself to become Railway minister (actually a good candidate) if NDA ever wins) :butcher:

Love the way how Congressis are crying for LK Advani now.....

How there party has betrayed him....blah blah blah......:rofl:

He is 86 for GOD sake, will be 87 in 2014.....

Whatever work he has done for party & all that, but there is an AGE OF RETIREMENT.....RIGHT??

Why don't you tell me instead as to why should UPA be ELECTED again??

@jbgt90 SERIOUSLY....can you tell me WHY i should vote for Congress instead of mocking at BJP & why it will be bad choice, etc.....???

Last edited by a moderator:

Advani is the architect of the present BJP and a national leader and the party must acknowledge his leadership and give him the chance to be the face of the party in the next election and be the PM of the country.He has the stature and the exposure to be called the PM of a 1.2 billion people.He also represents the metamorphosis of BJP from a fundamental right wing party to a secular main stream party.His hands are not clean either the disgrace of fall if the Babri mosque is squarely on him but time and again he has expressed remorse and regret for his actions and above all he has been the national home minister under Atalji so he has all the credentials to become the next PM and command the best coalition under him.BJP should and must give him a chance before he retires in to sunset as age and maturity is a key element of state craft.

Modi is lucky to be a gujrati...the most hardworking and industrious people in India. I wonder how big a leader he would have been if he was from UP or west Bengal.It is like the captain of the team is only as good as the other members of the team. Gujratis were are and will do well irrespective of Modi being around yes he should get some credit in streamlining things and marketing the same to media to his advantage. He has no background to be a PM of a country at present I would say if he is the home minister under Advaniji for next five years he at best can be a contender for the seat.It is no hidden fact that Modi has yet to clean his hands of the Gujrat carnage and in the history of independent India no leader has given such tacit covert or overt support to such wrongdoings. Such rush of blood is not the leadership quality a party should look for when selecting a leader to the post of a PM.

Modi has never come clean on Godhra but used his silence to collect both negative and positive publicity out of it.He has exploited the case to be who he is today and his unease is too visible on his face.India is no Gujrat to be controlled by a bunch of thugs under him.None of the leading countries will give him visa or if someone does under economic or bilateral pressure I don't want demonstration with black flags when he lands in foreign lands like today they do with Ahmedijan of Iran.India and Indians has too much at stake here and we need a leader with more national and international exposure or it will be a case of a frog who jumped out of a well into the deep blue sea.

We all know it quite well. He was the builder of BJP, but have his own share in blood. I, personally dont find him as an attractive politician with his policies.
Its time to change the guard. New young faces are being announced, and we want people , who are experienced but younger at the helm.
Advani ji have already lost elections in 2004 n 2009. He has been rejected by people, and will be rejected again if he contest again in 2013. He will loose my vote too, if is PM candidate. I am sure there are a lot of people who thinks like me

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom