What's new

BJP Looses No Time In Attacking Muslims

tumharay hee troll nay claim kia ha k Pakistan ko world map say hata dain gay. tum log star plus say kab niklo gay akhir
lol...never saw ur comment on lal topi when he says he will exterminate all hindus and will hoist pakistanii flag in new delhi...and abt gawaz e hind...:lol:
he is just a small troll what abt all the bigger troll there in ur country....

star plus se hum nai niklege....iss liye to starplus bjej diya pakistan...so that u all people too come to join us in starplus show....:P :P

Can you post per capita income for each group in india? or the level of education attainment and so on?

We'll talk then...

Sikhs, Jains, Jews, Syrian Christians, Zoroastrians, Buddhists in the east.

Dude, really? :blink:

See that's the thing; you talk nonsense sitting in your country or some western country giving you free entry.

I live here in India daily to know about it.

Only Muslims are miserable because they revel in misery and whining gets them political clout with corrupt, lazy, communal political parties.

They don't want to work for it when it comes free to them.

Sikhs, Jains, Jews, Syrian Christians, Zoroastrians, Buddhists in the east.

Dude, really? :blink:

See that's the thing; you talk nonsense sitting in your country or some western country giving you free entry.

I live here in India daily to know about it.

Only Muslims are miserable because they revel in misery and whining gets them political clout with corrupt, lazy, communal political parties.

They don't want to work for it when it comes free to them.

Important thing to also understand is that majority of muslims live in poor states to begin with like UP, Bihar so as a whole the India's muslim population seems poorer because they live in poorer regions where even the Hindus are equally bad off.

Important thing to also understand is that majority of muslims live in poor states to begin with like UP, Bihar so as a whole the India's muslim population seems poorer because they live in poorer regions where even the Hindus are equally bad off.

No.

That is a misconception and no need to put that line to soften it up dude. Really.

Everyone works on merit and opportunities. No job vacancy in any newspaper says 'only so and so religion'. It only states years of experience and skill and degree that's it.

I don't know why you guys being the majority and of this land have to keep explaining it to the Muslims all the time. I am also a minority and never have I or my community felt threatened. Why is it that these people always whine?

No.

That is a misconception and no need to put that line to soften it up dude. Really.

Everyone works on merit and opportunities. No job vacancy in any newspaper says 'only so and so religion'. It only states years of experience and skill and degree that's it.

I don't know why you guys being the majority and of this land have to keep explaining it to the Muslims all the time. I am also a minority and never have I or my community felt threatened. Why is it that these people always whine?

In my state (J&K), Muslims have an upper hand and we hindus (Dogras, Kashmiris) and Buddhists (Ladakhis) are second class citizens so I definitely don't believe in the bs that muslims are discriminated against.

Muslims of india are at risk, their only hope is large populations in specific area's rather then spread across india

You are at risk and you must prepare, a murderer with the blood of your community is india#s leader now, that is all you need to know about how india is your enemy as well as ours

Partition is your answer, your community is massive heading towards 200 million, use your numbers to obtain your rights

No.

What minority group are you? Buddhist? Christian? etc?

Where are you from? South India?

What minority group are you? Buddhist? Christian? etc?

Where are you from? South India?

If you had an iota of GK you'd have known by my name. Tshering Denzongpa. I am a Buddhist of the Vajrayana school of philosophy, originally from Sikkim, a state in northeast India.

And I assure you that my people are anything but oppressed in India.

Here:

See that finger like structure above Bangladesh, between Nepal and Bhutan?

There you go:

images

If you had an iota of GK you'd have known by my name. Tshering Denzongpa. I am a Buddhist of the Vajrayana school of philosophy, originally from Sikkim, a state in northeast India.

lol..why would I have general knowledge regarding some north-east caste naming system of india?

Anyways, india must stop oppressing its Muslims.

One incident.

Many BJP workers also killed in various parts of country. One worker by TMC goons in West Bengal.

A BJP local leader's daughter raped by Congressi in Assam.

Emotional Backlash.

Sich people are there all around. Don't generalize.

One Muslim BJP worker (lady) Gang raped in Bihar by Muslim goons to teach her a lesson to support BJP.

By indian definitions he is a buddist mongoloid

You really should cool off some steam, dude. Living in UK right? Go grab yourself a couple of beers, go out with your friends, skip a couple of Fridays of sermons and just relax.

Too much of anything is bad. Religion is something you should let rest for sometime once in a while.

A few shots of Smirnoff would do really good.

Whenever I get upset or put off, it really works magic.

Maybe when I visit UK, we could have a couple of shots together in some bar.

Here:

See that finger like structure above Bangladesh, between Nepal and Bhutan?

There you go:

images
aint going to work bro, he is still too stupid to understand that. ***facepalm***

PRAFUL BIDWAI COLUMN

Hindutva-capitalism takes power
Praful Bidwai
INDIA'S election has produced the worst possible outcome: a majority for the BJP under a man widely believed to have been complicit in mass killings of Muslims, and not yet exonerated by the legal system despite its vulnerability to manipulation.
Make no mistake. Despite a limited (31%) vote, Narendra Modi's victory represents a Rightward social shift, and the triumph of Hindutva plus neoliberalism.
It's an ugly scar on the face of democracy, produced by long-festering pathologies, including communal prejudice, belligerent nationalism, social intolerance, paranoid propaganda, and elite craving for authoritarianism.
Contrary to claims, Modi's “presidentialised” campaign, in which billions of dollars and the corporate media played as crucial a part as “56-inch-chest” aggression, wasn't about “development”/“governance.” It was India's most communalised campaign.
Modi personifies and radiates Hindutva. This time, his canvassing was actually lubricated by blood: in Muzaffarnagar (Uttar Pradesh), and later in Assam.
He wickedly deployed toxic rhetoric about expelling Bangladeshi “infiltrators” (read, Muslims) while welcoming “refugees” (read, Hindus), and brazenly used religious symbols. Six lakh Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh men ran the campaign with slogans like “love jehad” and “bahu bachao, beti bachao” (protect Hindu women from Muslims) to polarise opinion communally.
Polarisation helped the BJP exploit discontent with the Congress, rooted in high prices, corruption, and economic elitism (Big Business-oriented jobless growth). Also important was micro-level “booth management,” in which 20-25 RSS men “cover” each polling-station.
Thanks to polarisation, the BJP performed spectacularly in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Maharashtra and Karnataka, won “saturation-level” seat-scores in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat and Chhattisgarh, and secured its highest-ever vote in West Bengal, Assam, Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
The BJP's 71-of-80-seats UP victory is the highest there since 1984. Its 42.3% vote decimated its opponents in multi-cornered contests. The Bahujan Samaj Party couldn't win a seat despite a 19.6% vote.
The Samajwadi Party shrank from 23 to five seats despite winning 22.2 percent, only one percentage-point lower than in 2009. There was a weakening of its core Yadav-Muslim coalition because of Muzaffaranagar.
The BJP won over sections of low-caste groups and Dalits by communalising them and promising them jobs which they desperately crave. Another helpful factor was the partition of Muslim votes, attributable to the fear and loathing Modi provokes among Muslims.
Constituency-wise, Muslims rationally chose candidates best-placed to defeat Modi. Ironically, they thus scattered their votes between the SP and BSP, weakening both.
The Lok Sabha now has its lowest-ever Muslim representation: just4%, way below the Muslims' 13.4% population share. For the first time, there isn't a Muslim MP from UP, where Muslims are one-fifth of the population. Also absent is the BSP -- India's third largest vote-catcher.
Such grave exclusion strengthens the case for replacing the British first-past-the-post (FPTP) electoral system India blindly follows, by widely prevalent (and fairer) Proportional Representation, which allots quotas to parties based on the votes polled, in addition to winning candidates.
The election has put a Hindutva fanatic in power, and established the ascendancy of Hindu-supremacism, for which the Sangh has fought since 1925 using repugnant methods, including assassination, communal riots, and invented threats to “the nation.”
Today, the RSS can hide behind “democracy,” as Hitler did in 1933. But this is democracy's degraded, communalised form, without equal rights for citizens, but charged with ethno-religious identity. India's Constitution defines citizenship universally, independently of such identities.
The Congress and the Left stand reduced to their lowest-ever seat-tallies. They cannot reverse their setbacks without drastic measures. The Aam Aadmi Party, which showed great promise, won only four seats. All its big leaders lost. It faces a grave crisis.
With the BJP achieving an absolute majority, we can expect four things. First, it will be pressed to revive the core-Hindutva agenda, including the Ram temple, Article 370, and a Uniform Civil Code. The temple is seemingly the least contentious. But if the BJP builds a raucous anti-Muslim agitation around it, it will generate serious strife.
Article 370 will be internationally controversial, and risk militarising the Kashmir crisis further. If a Uniform Civil Code is promoted, not as a universal gender-justice agenda, but imposed on Muslims, it could lead to bloodshed.
Second, the Parivar will soon begin its destructive “Long March” through India's already-weak democratic institutions. It will try to subvert the judiciary, and educational and cultural institutions. It will also manipulate the media. It understands the media's importance and its vulnerability to pressure from corporations, which increasingly drive its agendas.
Third, more militaristic approaches will be adopted against the Maoist movement in the Central-Eastern tribal belt. Under its ultra-neoliberal policies, the BJP will promote rampant extraction of natural resources, especially forests, minerals and rivers.
Handing these over to predatory corporations will provoke more popular resistance, which the government will repress ferociously. This will lead to untold human rights violations and brutalisation of some of India's poorest people.
Finally, there will be very little immediate resistance to the Hindutva-capitalist onslaught from the Parliamentary parties. That burden will fall on grassroots civil society movements which stand for a democratic-secular India. They must prepare for a long, hard War of Position.

The writer is an eminent Indian columnist.

Published:12:00 am Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Back
Top Bottom