What's new

Biography claims Imran Khan and Benazir Bhutto were romantically involved

mcuk2001

Reaction score
A new biography of Imran Khan has claimed the former international cricketer and Benazir Bhutto, the assassinated former Prime Minister of Pakistan, were romantically involved while they were both students at Oxford University.

Published: 9:33AM BST 19 Aug 2009
Previous
1 of 2 Images
Next
Author claims Benazir Bhutto and Imran Khan were an item at Oxford University Photo: AFP

The respected author, Christopher Sandford, has claimed that Bhutto became infatuated with Khan and the pair enjoyed a "close" and possibly "sexual" relationship.

He also alleges that Khan's mother tried, unsuccessfully, to organise an arranged marriage between the pair.

Until now, it had always been believed that Khan and Bhutto had always been at loggerheads both politically and personally. Khan openly criticised the former prime minister just days before her death.

However, Sandford, who interviewed both Khan and his ex-wife Jemima for the book, claims a source told him that Bhutto was 21 and in her second year of reading politics at Lady Margaret Hall when she became close to Khan in 1975.

The source told Sandford she had been "visibly impressed" by Khan and may even have been the first to call him the "Lion of Lahore".

"In any event, it seems fairly clear that, for at least a month or two, the couple were close. There was a lot of giggling and blushing whenever they appeared together in public," Sandford told the Daily Mail.

He added: "It also seems fair to say that the relationship was "sexual", in the sense that it could only have existed between a man and a woman. The reason some supposed it went further was because, to quote one Oxford friend: 'Imran slept with everyone.'"

However, Khan strongly denies that he ever had a sexual relationship with Bhutto.

He agrees he was interviewed for the book, but has not yet read it.

He told the Daily Mail: "Yes, I was interviewed, but I know nothing about the rest of what has been written. So it is not official.

"It is absolute nonsense about any sexual relationship or my mother and an arranged marriage. We were friends – that's all."

Biography claims Imran Khan and Benazir Bhutto were romantically involved - Telegraph

A new biography of Imran Khan has claimed the former international cricketer and Benazir Bhutto, the assassinated former Prime Minister of Pakistan, were romantically involved while they were both students at Oxford University.

He added: "It also seems fair to say that the relationship was "sexual", in the sense that it could only have existed between a man and a woman. The reason some supposed it went further was because, to quote one Oxford friend: 'Imran slept with everyone.'":azn::cheers:

Biography claims Imran Khan and Benazir Bhutto were romantically involved - Telegraph

Imran is my Hero :taz::yahoo::victory::rofl:

I remember some stories in my childhood (around 1987 or so) before the marriage of BB. Also some news Imran going to marry BB, but then BB married to Zardari. which was news for most of the people. But then all news dual.. no one would care IK as playboy or what. They all say IK is a hero who bring Worldcup to pakistan. Retired at early age from the cricket.

Hah! just another trick up their sleeve to conjure some more old skeletons only to Malign Imran Khan!!

Highly inappropriate language to use loushan !! :frown:

That is tantamount to slander against the Office of the President of Pakistan!!

:disagree:

Reconsider Bro!

Last edited:
i think in general we should avoid such stories unless they have some relevance to pakistan as a nation.

we do not need to import the tabloid gutter press scenario the western press have of filling pages up with trivialites thus detracting from the real issues.

they maybe had such relations, maybe they did not, is it going to change anything if we know?

its pretty trivial imo.

Published: 9:33AM BST 19 Aug 2009

The respected author, Christopher Sandford, has claimed that Bhutto became infatuated with Khan and the pair enjoyed a "close" and possibly "sexual" relationship.

He also alleges that Khan's mother tried, unsuccessfully, to organise an arranged marriage between the pair.

Until now, it had always been believed that Khan and Bhutto had always been at loggerheads both politically and personally. Khan openly criticised the former prime minister just days before her death.

However, Sandford, who interviewed both Khan and his ex-wife Jemima for the book, claims a source told him that Bhutto was 21 and in her second year of reading politics at Lady Margaret Hall when she became close to Khan in 1975.

The source told Sandford she had been "visibly impressed" by Khan and may even have been the first to call him the "Lion of Lahore".

"In any event, it seems fairly clear that, for at least a month or two, the couple were close. There was a lot of giggling and blushing whenever they appeared together in public," Sandford told the Daily Mail.

He added: "It also seems fair to say that the relationship was "sexual", in the sense that it could only have existed between a man and a woman. The reason some supposed it went further was because, to quote one Oxford friend: 'Imran slept with everyone.'"

However, Khan strongly denies that he ever had a sexual relationship with Bhutto.

He agrees he was interviewed for the book, but has not yet read it.

He told the Daily Mail: "Yes, I was interviewed, but I know nothing about the rest of what has been written. So it is not official.

"It is absolute nonsense about any sexual relationship or my mother and an arranged marriage. We were friends – that's all."

This looks duplicate Thread. I allready saw similar thread somewhere else.

:what: so ??even if they were .
There were also gosspis or otherwise about BB and Faisal Salleh Hayat

I dont understand why a judgement needs to be made on people's private lives.....As long as you dont do anything illegal......Politicians private lives or what they did before they took up office should not matter......

My 2 cents......

There has never been even a hint of this before. I had come across innuendos about Benazir and Hayat Mohammed Khan Sherpao but never about Imran and Benazir.

About 12 years ago I happen to share the table with Alan Duncan at the wedding reception of the daughter one of our mutual friends. Alan Duncan (Conservative MP) was a close friend of Benazir at Oxford and was instrumental in getting her elected as President of the Oxford union. Even though we discussed Pakistani politics including Imran Khan and Benazir. I don’t recall Alan Duncan even hinting that BB and Imran were chummy during Oxford days.

Imran was Oxford Blue during 1973-1975 and certainly would have met BB but nothing more. IMO this claim is nothing but a publicity stunt by the author to increase the book sale.

There has never been even a hint of this before. I had come across innuendos about Benazir and Hayat Mohammed Khan Sherpao but never about Imran and Benazir.

About 12 years ago I happen to share the table with Alan Duncan at the wedding reception of the daughter one of our mutual friends. Alan Duncan (Conservative MP) was a close friend of Benazir at Oxford and was instrumental in getting her elected as President of the Oxford union. Even though we discussed Pakistani politics including Imran Khan and Benazir. I don’t recall Alan Duncan even hinting that BB and Imran were chummy during Oxford days.

Imran was Oxford Blue during 1973-1975 and certainly would have met BB but nothing more. IMO this claim is nothing but a publicity stunt by the author to increase the book sale.

Nice reply Niaz, I agree, authors in the west just join dots that are not even aligned to increase sales. A man's or a woman's honour might be destroyed in the process but who cares!! if it can get you more sales.

Back
Top Bottom