What's new

BIMARU Corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be the WWII that highlighted how often do germans call their country fatherland or the Hitler's speeches.
And yes i did see the plethora of feelings exhibited by our neighbors when I used the word Shaheed for our soldiers. :-)

Somewhere on net I read Germans call their country fatherland because Russians call their's motherland.:P
Found it hilarious.
Long back I had asked this question to another member on this forum who then contacted a German member on pdf to find the solution,but it was all in vain.

Yes that makes complete sense.
But more than the concept of fertility i think its the mother-child bond that led to the word motherland, I could be wrong though.

It is still fertility related though ;)

The crazy part is, all non-animate objects have a gender associated with them.

The rule is: Masculine-Der; Feminine-Die; Neutral-Das.

Das Auto(Car) is fine, but Die Hose(for Pants) and Der Rock(for Skirts) ?? Crazy language!

Actually, it's one reason why German took so long to unite! Plus, it took someone as special as Bismarck to achieve his feat. Our Sardar Patel also did it, but under somewhat simpler circumstances.

Even today, Religion is a taboo subject for most Germans. They approach such divisive subjects as unpleasant and hence not worthy of petty debates. The Catholic-Protestant divide is best left not discussed if you meet a German.:)

How many Atheists in Germany :)

Not many I suppose.

Hyd. and Bangalore have already been conquered. Only Chennai is left, I am working on that. The grand evil plans of our elders will bear fruit :devil:. We are facing an issue in Kerala though, a tough place to infiltrate, no significant metros or industry to speak off :coffee:.

Blame the communists.

But I urge you to visit Trivandrum and Cochin :-)

It is still fertility related though ;)
Noooooo.
Its the mother - child bond.
A child is most attached to his mom,and is protective about her.The plethora of feelings expressed is because of this special bond.

Noooooo.
Its the mother - child bond.
A child is most attached to his mom,and is protective about her.The plethora of feelings expressed is because of this special bond.

I have always found the Male sky god and Earth Mother goddess phenomenon curious :-)

@BDforever Can you translate this. :D :D

1525396_530949657002214_1511799322_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom