What's new

BIMARU Corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bhai, did you like the article on Ranjit Singh? Does it need repairing someway?
commented there.
perhaps u can add that to the article.and our search for a strong leader who somehow connects to us.

commented there.
perhaps u can add that to the article.and our search for a strong leader who somehow connects to us.

Actually I wanted to avoid bringing Modi there.Most of my friends will kill me if I criticize him a little.:lol:But anyways, replied there.

@Reviewer21 ,Play very safe and dont get carried away,avoid writing words like lol or adding smileys or get ready to face straightaway ban.

Yes. There are few inspirations that helped in deriving a definite conclusion on life. Karma Yoga in one hand, the wonderful lives of the early disciples of Ramakrishna Mission and to some extent the genetic influence played a quite significant role. At the same time, the death of some dear ones, world's reaction in immediate display of remorse and it's quick disappearance from everybody's mind compelled me to ask myself why such things happen and how to get rid of such awful, cruel truths. Then started searching, got a plausible answer (a strange reconciliation between Upanishada and the Buddhist thoughts) and found it working very well so far.Hope it continues to work till the end.

By the way, one of the point being discussed was the importance of ascetics in ordinary Hindu minds. Well, this very question was asked by Mr.Mahatma Gandhi to one of his acquaintances when he was going to pay tribute to a famous monk. When Mr.Gandhi arrived at the place, his question was answered by the monk quite shockingly to everybody else because Mr.Gandhi not even placed his question before the sage. There is a book I read on a journey of a young man around river Narmada in the 50's.He met many sages, Nagas and ordinary devotees and wrote it down in his small diary.If we read it with care and patience we will find the meaning of true yoga and it's significance on average peoples mind. The heart of Indianness lies in yoga and it's application in real life where science, materialistic amusements,happiness,sorrow all are so insignificant there.

Now,I think I should change my avataar to Manoj Kumar, ha ha.

Well said, Babumoshoy.:tup: What is the name of the book that you're referring to? I had read the Autobiography of a Yogi while in 10th. Must say, it had me hooked for a while. Mahavatar Babaji and his low profile is exactly how I envisage truly enlightened souls to be.:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom