What's new

Bill for 'Transgenders, gay, lesbian rights' tabled in Senate

My understanding of this bill was that it was only for Transgendered people, not gays and Lesbians, which would go against Islam.

Excellent. Now let's focus on having equality in Job opportunities without discrimination, which means they don't have to carry out degrading jobs they feel they've no choice because society doesn't accept them anymore than that. Teachers, nurses, cleaners, customer service, admin - open gateways.

No way.
As a heterosexual man i feel i have less rights now so its discriminating me as a straight fellow.

If it was natural then creator would have just created either Male Gender or Female Gender,why would he bothered to create two.
Because it's against nature.
Men who are trying to shove something in there back have mental problem.

something natural doesn't need a creator by definition. or are you implying that your god is powerless to prevent unnatural things?

ISLAMABAD:

After rejection of an earlier bill presented by Senator Babar Awan as a private members’ bill, two more bills seeking protection of the rights of transgender have been tabled in the Senate.

The bills titled, ‘The Transgender and Intersex persons (Promotion and Protection of Rights) Bill, 2017 and ‘The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2017 have been developed by taskforce constituted by Wafaqi Mohtasib and headed by Senator Rubina Khalid.

Senate panel approves Quranic teaching bill

The proposed bill has been finalised after consultation with various stakeholders including members of civil society, Ministry of Human Rights, Ministry of Law and Justice, Social Welfare Department, law enforcement agencies and transgender community.

Addressing a press conference on Thursday Senator Rubina Khalid expressed satisfaction over the content of the proposed bills and hoped that they will help address all issues related to transgender community and provide them enabling environment to enjoy their rights like other citizens of Pakistan.

However, some legal experts believe that ‘The Transgender and Intersex persons (Promotion and Protection of Rights) Bill, 2017 is focused on promoting lesbian and gay rights and contains certain definitions and sections which are contrary to Islam.

Commissions of Inquiry Bill: Senate panel approves controversial bill

Ruqiya Samee – an advocate of the Supreme Court – told The Express Tribune that there was nothing new in this proposed bill but it contained certain controversial elements.

“Under the Article 8 of the Constitution, the state shall not make any law against the injunction of Islam but in definition clause of the proposed bill there are sub-clauses (g) and (t) which are controversial as free and unlimited sexual freedom cannot be allowed under the umbrella of any law,” she said.

She said under the bill the transgender – who actually are born normal but who undergo surgery to become transgender – are seeking shelter under the cover of intersex, a provision available to those who are transgender by birth and whose problem is not curable.

Senate panel passes bill against child abuse

Similarly, castration [removal of genitals] is not legal under Pakistan’s law and Islam but in the proposed act the transgender are trying to make it legal.

“It seems like there is a certain group of people, who just for the sake of promoting lesbian and gay rights are trying to make things legal that is prohibited in Islam and want to get hefty funding by showing they are working for the rights of transgender,” she said.

Another legal expert who wished not to be named said, “This new proposed bill is almost similar to the one rejected earlier; only few changes have been made. The bill seems like more focused on promoting lesbian and gay rights.”

Senate body passes Illegal Dispossession (Amend) Bill, 2017

But the Shemale Association for Fundamental Rights (Safar) founder Nadeem Kashish said, “The bill has been constituted by the people who have become transgender by choice and in view of issues they face every day due to lack knowledge about their rights.”

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1457576/stigmatised-segment-two-bills-tabled-senate-transgender-rights/
is this bill going to bring more personal freedom :yep
does this bill effect my personal life or step on my rights in any way :nope
i am all in for it

Bill is for transgenders, tribune later changed title to receive more clicks. In Pakistan you don't need any rights if you are gay or lesbian, keep going in private. Transgenders are minuscule part of population compared to gays in Pakistan.

Both intersex and transgenders deserve rights on this planet. Comparing asking for them to be given their due rights to preaching homosexuality is stupid and pathetic. These "legal experts" can just stay quiet and keep their retarded opinions to themselves. Once this discrimination is made clear that ONLY intersexes are given rights and not transgenders, you can expect intersexes to be lynched under the suspicions of lying because of backward thinking of the population.

If you mean that those people who are half women and half men, than they are also God creatures just like you and me .. they didn't choose to have have Tits and a D!ck .. we must not discriminate anyone based on how Allah Created them, there is no such Order or Verse in Quran Against them, but Homosexuality is Sin, If been Gay/Lesbian is Natural ( than God created it ), if its un-natural and based on how they feel than its different ..

my Limited opinion on this matter is , that been Gay/lesbian is not a Sin but indulging into an sexual ACT of homosexuality is .. ( i can be wrong or right , its not Islamic Official Opinion but my own )

I agree but even then I wouldnt mind, as long as they (assuming they are Muslim) acknowledge it is not halal and repent/ask forgiveness then as a Muslim what they do is none of my concern.

Plenty of people doing explicitly forbidden things like, drug and alcohol abuse, rape, murder, paedophilia; so I dont understand why people specifically get so worked up about one consenting adult being attracted to another consenting adult.

can anyone tell me Urdu translation of gay and lesbians ?
Ga@du and ch@ti chati ni :rofl:

How about you give us straight people some rights first ? :(
Khaney ko roti nahi peney ko pani nahi :(

Bill is for transgenders, tribune later changed title to receive more clicks. In Pakistan you don't need any rights if you are gay or lesbian, keep going in private. Transgenders are minuscule part of population compared to gays in Pakistan.
Yep it was transgender specific tribune loves click bait titles

Ga@du and ch@ti chati ni
this is what I wanted to hear
13900149_1109417222470671_1887381947190394687_n.png

Back
Top Bottom