What's new

Bikini or headscarf -- which offers more freedom?

The point here is majority of women opt for burqa because of social pressure because they are told it's part of their religion (I hope it's not)

Burqa is discriminatory why don't men practice purda, it is also against commonsense and human nature. For 'n' number of muslim families Burqa is from where oppression of women start, don't venture out, don't drive, don't study, don't work are the extension of the mindset that burqa brings in

There had been a practice called Ghonghat and i have seen women in Rajhistan still observing that. The Indian families having that culture still consider it against the norms if the young bahus do not put dupata at their head. (if i am wrong please do correct me)

Clothing of a woman is a problem of woman herself, she has all the right to wear what ever she wants to wear BUT on the other hand its a fact that males of the society use religion to oppress women & impose their will on women,

the end result is that condition & discrimination against women won't end until & unless some molecules of shame are introduced into males & women stand up for their rights, why should women dress up the way other want them to, there are too many idiots around who want to dictate the terms

Are women in Islamic countries scared of men?
Aren't women in Islamic countries comfortable in your own skin?
Do men in your Muslim country have only one way of looking at women?
Don't people think burqa is discriminatory why don't men practice purda, don't women eve tease them?
Why burqa is equated with religion, why don't women of other 100s of religion practice this, if it is so great?

The point here is majority of women opt for burqa because of social pressure because they are told it's part of their religion (I hope it's not)

Burqa is discriminatory why don't men practice purda, it is also against commonsense and human nature. For 'n' number of muslim families Burqa is from where oppression of women start, don't venture out, don't drive, don't study, don't work are the extension of the mindset that burqa brings in

Women in the Emirates, wear the Abayya, go to work, drive, excel at studies. Where did you get the "MAJORITY" figure?

Situation is better in Pakistan where a simple shalwar kameez suffices.

Saudi, Iran and Afghanistan are perhaps the only places where such practices are enforced, everywhere else both go hand in hand according to what one wishes.

Clothing of a woman is a problem of woman herself, she has all the right to wear what ever she wants to wear BUT on the other hand its a fact that males of the society use religion to oppress women & impose their will on women,

the end result is that condition & discrimination against women won't end until & unless some molecules of shame are introduced into males & women stand up for their rights

Now THAT's the kind of answer I was looking for!!!!!!!

Nothing as liberating as letting a woman have the last word.:smokin:

There had been a practice called Ghonghat and i have seen women in Rajhistan still observing that. The Indian families having that culture still consider it against the norms if the young bahus do not put dupata at their head. (if i am wrong please do correct me)

You never answered by question, yes Indian women cover their heads which I think is moronic, we are in the 21st century for God sake and I am happy things are changing even the oldies are moving with time now and even T-shirts and Jeans are fine for bahus in an increasing number of households today

Are women in Islamic countries scared of men?
Aren't women in Islamic countries comfortable in your own skin?
Do men in your Muslim country have only one way of looking at women?
Don't people think burqa is discriminatory why don't men practice purda, don't women eve tease them?
Why burqa is equated with religion, why don't women of other 100s of religion practice this, if it is so great?

:lol::lol::lol: oh geezzzzzzzz man as if in India Hindu woman are not scared of men as if In India Hindu do not have one way of looking at women.

And thats why Delhi is considered the most unsafe city for women in India.

Please get out of your tunnel vision and stop trying to attach everything with religion. Thats the problem with Indians you jump on everything that you think is somehow going to bash Muslims.

You never answered by question, yes Indian women cover their heads which I think is moronic, we are in the 21st century for God sake and I am happy things are changing even the oldies are moving with time now and even T-shirts and Jeans are fine for bahus in an increasing number of households today

Well i dont see neither those who do so see anything moronic about that.

What was your question? If that is about dress code and religion then well let me ask you one simple question Why a Hindu woman after marriage has to wear Sari for sure ??? why she has to put the color in her maang ??? isnt it more to do with religion than symbolism of recognition ?????

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Ouch that hurt some egos :confused:

heheheh well not exactly because the final say in 90% cases is that of a wife :D

Women in the Emirates, wear the Abayya, go to work, drive, excel at studies. Where did you get the "MAJORITY" figure?

Situation is better in Pakistan where a simple shalwar kameez suffices.

Saudi, Iran and Afghanistan are perhaps the only places where such practices are enforced, everywhere else both go hand in hand according to what one wishes.

I was taking about India/Pakistan and not about the 5% elite. Why do you think Muslims in India lag behind? Why do you think Islamic countries lag behind? A simple shalwar kameez is what is needed (infact all over the planet, especially in summer) and not a black burqa with cutout for eyes

I was taking about India/Pakistan and not about the 5% elite. Why do you think Muslims in India lag behind? Why do you think Islamic countries lag behind? A simple shalwar kameez is what is needed (infact all over the planet, especially in summer) and not a black burqa with cutout for eyes
The kid in the story and everywhere else at least in Pakistan Simple Shalwar Kameez and a dupatta over the head IS used. Nobody is talking about a Burkha with a veil - however even if a woman chose that - that would be her call, not yours.

The head scarf, btw is more practical than the Dupatta as often told by women. The Head scarf sticks and does not have to be adjusted all the time.

:lol::lol::lol: oh geezzzzzzzz man as if in India Hindu woman are not scared of men as if In India Hindu do not have one way of looking at women.

And thats why Delhi is considered the most unsafe city for women in India.

Please get out of your tunnel vision and stop trying to attach everything with religion. Thats the problem with Indians you jump on everything that you think is somehow going to bash Muslims.

Disagreeing with something doesn't mean bashing, I asked you Don't you think men and women are equal in the sense both should have equality? So why don't men dot burqa and why don't women marry five times? As I said many rituals in Hinduism are moronic, people use their commonsense, accept that and try and change that but in your case you try to justify something stupid (that women should cover themselves from head to toe in presence of men)

Any piece of clothing that is imposed on a woman - is wrong. Any piece of clothing that is forcibly removed off a woman - you know its wrong :). Some people call it sexual assault.

LOL why is it burqa against Bikini always, I am all for that women (even men) should dress decently and modestly but their is huge difference between dressing decently and modestly and doting a burqa, a salwar-kameez does the job just fine

Disagreeing with something doesn't mean bashing, I asked you Don't you think men and women are equal in the sense both should have equality? So why don't men dot burqa and why don't women marry five times? As I said many rituals in Hinduism are moronic, people use their commonsense, accept that and try and change that but in your case you try to justify something stupid (that women should cover themselves from head to toe in presence of men)

why dont men wear sari in India to show they are equal to women ?? Why it is always women who have to be put to the grind to adopt manly attire and attitude to prove that they are equal to men?????

Please leave us alone we DO NOT need to copy men and their ways of moving in the society to prove ourselves as equal or as better as men because i personally never felt that i am less able than men in many fields.

I dont think so dresses can define equality. There is much more to it just like this word "freedom, liberty".

Back
Top Bottom