What's new

Bikini or headscarf -- which offers more freedom?

OOAye Laanati Kardaar:p:lol::D.(before you get angry, a famous line from a character in a play called Andhera Ujaala!!)
On a serious note.You are free to wear what you want to. However, I note from your statement that the only reason you want the Bikini to continue to be used is to soothe your own eyes rather than for consideration of the women who wear them. As pointed out in the article, even the most hardened of western souls are not exactly comfortable in them. the point to ponder is why !! The Quran caals it zulm on oneself, and that is what it seems to me.
Regards
Araz

very nice words...................

indians should ponder it like, can they really afford to copy west and leave their traditions.

or rather getting more aware day by day they can actually make efforts to preserve it..

india is one country which is ideologically misplaced.

I'm not a Muslim and haven't ever had the chance to speak to a woman who wears a burqua or does purdah, I wouldn't know how much of it is choice and how much is conditioning/pressure.

But I do know a woman's mind, having been married to an independent, strong-willed one for a decade.

A large part of a woman's self-esteem comes from male attention.

I don't think there's a woman who does not (secretly or openly) love it when a male (who is not her partner) throws an appreciative glance at her. Mind you, they are picky. There's a different between a lecherous stare and an appreciative glance, and they know that very well.

A good and well-proportioned figure is a primal expression of health and suitability for breeding, and while I don't mean that women should run around in g-strings attracting stares (though that would be nice :D), tell me this: Would a devout Muslim woman who takes care of herself be happy only with the appreciative glances of her husband (whose adulation would start to fade soon anyways, it's human nature) for the rest of her life? Where's the motivation to stay hot?????????
:angel:

You are describing popular culture. Typical tunnel vision syndrome.

I was lost in reading the beautifully written piece. Its absorbing carrying honest thoughts presented in a pure form of free flowing style of writing.

amazing

This is the picture few members are dying to see;

201006-omag-bremer-101-300x205.jpg

Aliya and her mom Krista Bremer.

That's the kind of answer I was expecting. I was hoping for one that would challenge my statements logically , but I guess I'm not going to get it here.

If you are talking about this quote: "A large part of a woman's self-esteem comes from male attention."

Then i disagree with you, given the choice a women will prefer to show off her assets, why else do women try so hard to look so pretty by spending their time and money on material possesions that enhances their attractivness; shoping for Shoes, cloths, and make-up has to tell you something. I doubt it is just a sick compulsion to waste their time and money.

Women are humans too, women love it when an attractive male glances at them just like men love it when an attractive women glances their way. Many women i have spoke to feel the same way, their self esteem goes up whe they get noticed.

Last edited:
freedom doesn't lie in physical freedom but in the freedom of the mind! [...] physical exposure doesn't liberate.... MENTAL exposure does!
Isn't 'physical freedom' (?) a manifestation of 'freedom of mind'?

to the girl in the scarf it never mattered how she looked in the mirror but how the world around her looked!!
I am going to hazard a guess that you haven't had the pleasure of too many female company, other than of course the family members.:no:

The point to make is islam does not take the liberty of women away, it just dictates that they conduct themselves modestly, as it does to men.
Araz
Well first you say that 'Islam does not take the liberty of women away' - which I am sure is true - but then you say that it does take away their 'liberty' to decide what constitutes modest conduct. How so?

That's the kind of answer I was expecting. I was hoping for one that would challenge my statements logically , but I guess I'm not going to get it here.

There isn't really much in your post to challenge. You failed to read the article probably. Krista Bremer puts it down rather eloquently. Stick to the article, don't go on a wild goose chase.

There isn't really much in your post to challenge. You failed to read the article probably. Krista Bremer puts it down rather eloquently. Stick to the article, don't go on a wild goose chase.

Nice photo fallstuff.

Sticking to the article and the topic .... and the photo posted by you ..... since she is so convinced, why does Krista Bremer also not don the burqa?

Btw, I haven't read the article, but why has Krista not yet converted to Islam and changed her surname?

Cheers, Doc

If you are talking about this quote: "A large part of a woman's self-esteem comes from male attention."

Then i disagree with you, given the choice a women will prefer to show off her assets, why else do women try so hard to look so pretty by spending their time and money by shoping for Shoes, cloths, and make-up? I doubt it is just a sick compulsion to waste their time and money.

Women are humans too, women love it when an attractive male glances at them just like men love it when an attractive women glances their way. Many women i have spoke to feel the same way, their self esteem goes up whe they get noticed.

Take a look at the pic I posted about the author and her daughter. Read the article. After that tell me what part of her article is not making any sense ?

Nice photo fallstuff.

Sticking to the article and the topic .... and the photo posted by you ..... since she is so convinced, why does Krista Bremer also not don the burqa?

Btw, I haven't read the article, but why has Krista not yet converted to Islam and changed her surname?

Cheers, Doc

Please go and ask Krista we cant tell you that. Its her own choice just like her little kid who choose to wear scarf.

On another note it shows her Muslim husband is quite ok with her faith and attire.

Nice photo fallstuff.

Cheers, Doc

You need to ask Ms. Bremer and Aliyah why are they not wearing Burqah. If I ever meet Ms. Bremer I will pass your query to her relating her surname and her failure to convert.

I am wondering what are you really smoking, get a grip of your self !!

Back
Top Bottom