What's new

Bikini or headscarf -- which offers more freedom?

Its a nice article, well worded and phrased.

I wrongly read the title as 'Bikini and Headscarf' initially, making me click on the thread.

My initial naughty thought for my slef was "definately the head scarf( for me). Wear the head scarf and let the rest of you go loose:no::p:D:lol:
However, on a very serious note, this is a very good piece of writing and is very expressive. My heart goes out to this little girl. She is obviously a "Nafs e Mutma'inna".May Allah bless her and keep her in His Hifz and Aman from all evils and wrong doings.Ameen
Araz

Burkini reminds me of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Burkini, lol, this should is a suit.

In Finland, Muslims were allowed women only hours in different swimming pools after long and bitter controversy. The Finnish women also take advantage of these hours to swim when men are not present. It is possible that Muslim women may be wearing bikini in these pools during those hours.

-------
According to Ombudsman Jukka Lindstedt, time reserved for Muslim women is justified as doing so safeguards the teaching of swimming to immigrants and helps them to adjust to Finland.

The ombudsman's decision came in response to five complaints about certain Finnish cities that were reserving separate swimming pool times for immigrant women.

In the ombudsman's judgement the prohibition of discrimination does not prevent such positive action that aims at promoting true equality. Equality may require special treatment for groups that are in a socially or economically weaker position, the ombudsman's statement added.

A very nice illustration indeed.

The way narrator mom put her dilemma and experiences in a very constructive way, make the article worth reading and cherishing more.

Modest clothing remove the extra burdon of 'KEEP SHOWING AND POSING ALL THE TIME'. People, who lost there concious self under this pressure, realize the great feeling of 'FREE AND INDEPENDENT SELF', many of us never experience in our life-time.

Ha! No one DARE ban the Bikini!! :disagree::D

OOAye Laanati Kardaar:p:lol::D.(before you get angry, a famous line from a character in a play called Andhera Ujaala!!)
On a serious note.You are free to wear what you want to. However, I note from your statement that the only reason you want the Bikini to continue to be used is to soothe your own eyes rather than for consideration of the women who wear them. As pointed out in the article, even the most hardened of western souls are not exactly comfortable in them. the point to ponder is why !! The Quran caals it zulm on oneself, and that is what it seems to me.
Regards
Araz

A lot of progressively thinking Muslim women are taking their faith and the world along side. Muslim women can now take a dive at the beach too... Introducing, the Burkini: (also thought I'd post some pics for the fella's who are getting disappointed with this thread)

burkini230607mos-468x810.jpg

burkini2.jpg
These must be Asim's Girlfriends on Dubai beach.

but it should be loose not tightfitting

The point to make is islam does not take the liberty of women away, it just dictates that they conduct themselves modestly, as it does to men.
Araz

A lot of progressively thinking Muslim women are taking their faith and the world along side. Muslim women can now take a dive at the beach too... Introducing, the Burkini: (also thought I'd post some pics for the fella's who are getting disappointed with this thread)

burkini230607mos-468x810.jpg

burkini2.jpg

Asim you're a little late bro, the one in the blue was already posted by me to Jana in the India itching for a fight thread. Alongside a more conventional bikini admirably draped around your Miss Pakistan.

To the others here, one would do well to remember .....

burqas-765042.jpg

burka2.jpg

burqa.jpg

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
P.S: Doc its a not fun thread and expecting pics is cheap. For bikini pics Times of India can be checked on net

Jana please do not foist your value system on to me my friend.

You are from Peshawar and I from Poona. We have grown up in two different worlds with very different definitions of what is "cheap."

As an illustration, I consider the holier than thou sanctimonious attitude of some Pakistanis who like to brand Indian women as sluts who get ahead just by showing a lot of T&A as cheap.

You on the other hand consider that as perfectly normal behaviour.

Suffice to say, our daughters are brought up and grow up in a very different world to what you know.

They grow up as liberated independent intelligent well-read articulate world-wise opinionated strong-willed women who live by their own rules and ethics and value systems.

And I would have it no other way.

Cheers, Doc

P.S. Jana, do you wear a burqa personally?

P.P.S. Jana, do you wear a headscarf personally?

P.P.S. If not, would you like to share with us why not?

I look forward to your reply as a liberated Pakistani woman and a journalist of some stature who is pretty vocal on women's rights in your own country.

I'm not a Muslim and haven't ever had the chance to speak to a woman who wears a burqua or does purdah, I wouldn't know how much of it is choice and how much is conditioning/pressure.

But I do know a woman's mind, having been married to an independent, strong-willed one for a decade.

A large part of a woman's self-esteem comes from male attention.

I don't think there's a woman who does not (secretly or openly) love it when a male (who is not her partner) throws an appreciative glance at her. Mind you, they are picky. There's a different between a lecherous stare and an appreciative glance, and they know that very well.

A good and well-proportioned figure is a primal expression of health and suitability for breeding, and while I don't mean that women should run around in g-strings attracting stares (though that would be nice :D), tell me this: Would a devout Muslim woman who takes care of herself be happy only with the appreciative glances of her husband (whose adulation would start to fade soon anyways, it's human nature) for the rest of her life? Where's the motivation to stay hot?????????
:angel:

Last edited:
Try as I might, I cannot for the life of me find anything "liberating" about the burqa.

Apparently, the muslim women I have known do not either.

I know only one muslim girl who uses the burqa, and that too only as a gesture of respect to her in-laws. The moment she is out of their circle of influence, she removes it and goes about the second half of her life.

It is my opinion that the burqa is regressive and something that is imposed on women to keep them under the control of their men.

Just as the latest fatwa preventing women from working or using their income to help their families.

Economic independence is the pillar on which the independence and emancipation of a woman in our male dominated societies stands.

If anything, the way I see it (and I have seen cases of this first hand), the only emancipation the burqa allows a woman is that of anonymity when she wants to lead a normal life and do the things young girls normally do without the fear of family and friends seeing and recognising her doing so.

I'm really not kidding, but a friend in college used to carry around a burqa (how he got his hands on it is another story!) in the dicky of his scooter for precisely the above reason! :rofl:

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
A white American lady married to a Muslim man describes the transformation of her young daughter despite the fact that she was not forced by her Muslim father to wear scarf or wear modest cloths. She started liking the attire by herself out of free will.

The American Christian mother of her was not feeling happy over it but then she started observing or to say comparing the two attires and was wondering which one was more comfortable in terms of personal choice.

Anyway the bottom line is that covering your body being a woman is not a hurdle in your freedom or abilities.

P.S: Doc its a not fun thread and expecting pics is cheap. For bikini pics Times of India can be checked on net

hahaha.......................

Back
Top Bottom