What's new

Biker's Lounge

Riding FJR.jpg

@padamchen Let's continue here, as long as we remain on topic (Bikes). ;)

How about that BMW GSA photo above?

@padamchen Let's continue here, as long as we remain on topic (Bikes). ;)

How about that BMW GSA photo above?

You know V, I rode that monster quite a bit last time in Melbourne.

Very uncomfortable initially. Two stops later, my friend shifted the suspension to sport, and I was flying past the supersport guys on the hilly back roads.

Surprised at how I was able to throw that big mama around.

But I rode his brand new Duke 690R this time. O mannnnn ....

I'm so in love. So light. So smooth. Barely a bit bigger than the 390. Taller. Just can't keep the wheel down man. Such a hoot!

Cheers, Doc

You know V, I rode that monster quite a bit last time in Melbourne.

Very uncomfortable initially. Two stops later, my friend shifted the suspension to sport, and I was flying past the supersport guys on the hilly back roads.

Surprised at how I was able to throw that big mam around.

But I rode his brand new Duke 690R this time. O mannnnn ....

I'm so in love.

Cheers, Doc

A few of my buddies have GSs and GSAs. Great bikes for long distance and varied roads. I am seriously considering one for next year. The only problem is that the local dealer is not very good with service and support. Same problem, with KTMs. Great bikes, but the local dealer is horrible.

A few of my buddies have GSs and GSAs. Great bikes for long distance and varied roads. I am seriously considering one for next year. The only problem is that the local dealer is not very good with service and support. Same problem, with KTMs. Great bikes, but the local dealer is horrible.

Get it man. It's a keeper. With a Remus pipe maybe.

Just not me. I'm spoilt by the orange devils.

Cheers, Doc

This is my good friend on a GSA. I know of no roadstorming bike capable of doing this. :D

View attachment 425778

It's like riding a tank. Great for the highways. But not too convinced about more technical and tighter mountain trails.

How big are you? I'm 6 and at the time 95 kilos, but I found it a big bike. At slower speeds.

Cheers, Doc

It's like riding a tank. Great for the highways. But not too convinced about more technical and tighter mountain trails.

How big are you? I'm 6 and at the time 95 kilos, but I found it a big bike. At slower speeds.

Cheers, Doc

I have ridden one. It was quite manageable for me at 5'10" with the regular seat and suspension. I can flatfoot it with the seat at the low position, and there is always the low suspension option available. At low speeds, any bike over 5-600 lbs will feel heavy, but most feel fine at anything over 10-15 mph.

if you go on journey take spare cdi unit/sparkplug/rectifier and wiring with you, you never know.

A tire plug kit, a cellphone and a credit card is all that is needed for most riding. :D

Back
Top Bottom