Sense a lot of saltiness in that post.

Here are some facts to get your head round straight from IMF database:

2007 GDP per capita(US dollars)

BD 558
India 1047

2021 GDP per capita(US dollars)

BD 2122
India 2190

Can we see how BD has caught up in just 14 years from around half of India's GDP per capita to parity now?

I am only strengthening these facts .....

by this rate bangladesh will soon surpass the US GDP per capita and will be the sole superpower on this planet within 10 years.

We are lucky to share our borders with great bangladesh. 🇧🇩

Arrest on false charge is common in South Asia . Not just Pakistan. BD India Pak share this commonality in this regard

Unless you are very well connected and know how to navigate between parties of Interest.

Its very difficult to set up your own business in south Asia .

I read somewhere on facebook that some Bangladeshii guy made a small fortune by selling Human urine as cows urine and exporting it to India by the India-BD border.

Not sure it was authentic news or not. But it does ring a bell with your comment
Lamo human urine? wtf...well good for that bangladeshi guy hope it was sold as no return policy...i am pretty sure bhakts will know the difference between cow and human urine? or do they lol....

by this rate bangladesh will soon surpass the US GDP per capita and will be the sole superpower on this planet within 10 years.

You can bet that BD will never agree to India's open border proposal between the 2 countries. :disagree:

We may agree one with Tripura as long as that is not a conduit for Indians from other states to enter BD.

indian is too advance for western countries. indian products are too good and expensive. they have vedic chips in them. I have heard they have modi chip in thier tv sets. best of all they run off not lithium, but gau muttar.
On a serious note congratulations on progress put shame on pakistan which talks out of its a ss. they come up with all bullshit execuse when british paks have gone there setup factory only to be arrested on false charge and forced to close down. paks are not even allowed to build calculater never mind computers, phones etc.

Insha-Allah will happen brother. Slowly maybe but surely...
I disagree. They’ve still got one more trick up their sleeve!

:china:

Forget high tech, I heard from a friend that even regular kitchen appliances (like Indian brand electric water kettles from brands like Pigeon etc.) are all Made in China.

In some cases they are trying to hide the Made in China labeling to please the Modi-bhakt folks. Such a gullible populace. And they are trying to boycott 100% Made in Bangladesh products saying these are Made in China or assembled using majority Chinese parts.

Last edited:
Insha-Allah will happen brother. Slowly maybe but surely...

my brother i have been there, they find all execuses to charger you high taxes which would make britain tax system feel small. there are big power brokers who dont want nation to progress because they know they will rise up.

Lol.

"Despite the Corona epidemic, Bangladesh has achieved great success in exporting consumer electronics products. In the first nine months of the current financial year (July 20-March 21), the volume of electronics exports increased by almost eight and a half times over the same period of the previous year to $12.38 million."

I have bolded the figure to make everyone understand what we are talking about. By the way it is really $12.38 million not billion.

Yes, Bangladesh has conquered the consumer electronics market the world over. Lol.

For reference, India is no where near Bangladesh in this respect with only about 1000 times at $11.28 billion in exports.

Electronics exports from India can potentially rise from $11.28 billion in 2019-20 to $180 billion in 2025.

India's domestic production of electronics was valued at just $70 billion.

What a tiny market that is, compared to world beater Bangladesh.

12.38 million is such a huge number that it deserves a thread about Bangladesh prowess in manufacturing electronic goods. Lol.

Yeah everything in India should be Billions!

Like listening to Carl Sagan. Why not Trillions? :lol:

Bhakts using their mouth cannons...:lol:

iu

The point of my post was not how much home-made electronics India supposedly makes or exports. It was about the fact that Panty-waist Bhakts have their panties in a knot over Bangladeshi exports to India and they are calling for boycotts. When clearly Bangladeshi products are far better quality (world class) compared to Indian products.

I am sure it will take a few more years for us to catch up to India in exports or sales - given India has a twenty five year lead and all the infra it did not have to build, that Sahib had built already.

Fret not - all exports will be taken from India, just like we took away apparel business, one by one.

If bhakts were real competitors - they'd try harder to compete by improving quality, not diss or bad mouth Bangladesh. But what else can be expected of Bhakts...any underhanded trick that works.

Let's take an example of Godrej, your number one maker of Kanjoos style fridges (175 liter micro-mini size for your aam janta) and Aircons.

Even for aircons, their production capacity is somewhere around 12 lakh per annum. Or thereabouts. This for a company founded in 1897 (by a non-Hindu) and doing business all over India, Africa and Middle East for the last hundred plus years.

There are single companies in Bangladesh that easily have 25% of this capacity for Aircons. In a market one-eighth the size.

And they offer 600-700 litre capacity fridges which is common in Bangladesh. While Godrej has few fridges on offer above 255 litre size.

Heck- Walton itself has capacity to make 10,000 fridges A DAY.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made in Bangladesh refrigerators dominate market

refrigerator_0.jpg

Jagaran Chakma

Just a decade ago Bangladesh was almost fully dependent on import to meet its demand for refrigerators. But the situation has reversed, with about 80 percent of the demand now met by locally-manufactured ones.

Walton has shown the path by setting up a manufacturing plant in 2008, and in 2016 has even started manufacturing compressors, the vital component of refrigerators.

Transcom, Minister, Vision, Jamuna, Singer Bangladesh, and Samsung have joined Walton: they are either manufacturing or assembling refrigerators locally. Higher electricity generation has also helped the sector to grow fast.

In 2018, refrigerator sales were about 22 lakh units, up 10 percent year-on-year, according to industry players.

The sector has been growing at double-digit for the last five years, they said.

To cash in on the rising demand, Butterfly Marketing, the local distributor of Korean LG, has announced plans to manufacture LG’s refrigerators in Bangladesh with a view to providing quality products at a reasonable price.

“The manufacturing facilities are ready and we will go for trial production by this month,” said M Tanvirul Alam, head of factory operations of Butterfly.

Butterfly has invested $55 million, which is equivalent to Tk 460 crore, to set up the facilities.
Initially, 700 units of six models will be manufactured per day against the capacity of 1,400 units, he said.
Walton’s manufacturing capacity has reached to 10,000 units per day, said its Deputy Director Augustin Sujan.

According to him, Walton manufactures more than 150 models of refrigerators in the price range of Tk 10,000 to Tk 70,000.

Transcom Electronics started to assemble refrigerators in 2014 and have a plan to go for full-fledged manufacturing from next year, said Saikat Azad, head of marketing of Transcom Digital.
Vision Electronics, a sister concern of Pran-RFL Group, has also been manufacturing 75 models of refrigerators at its factory in Palash upazila, Narsingdi, established in 2016.

Kamruzzman Kamal, director for marketing at Pran-RFL Group, said they manufacture 1,000 units every day.

Another Korean electronics giant Samsung partnered with Fair Electronics to establish a manufacturing plant in Narsingdi in 2018. The plant has manufacturing capacity of 400,000 units per year.
Never seen the brand in India. Please don't tell me Banglas are chest thumping about being an OEM supplier to various brands around the world.

Unlike bhakts - we have no desire to chest thump over refrigerator statistics.

But yes local companies are supplying OEM goods to global brand-names (leading ones).

More importantly - they are all going into backward integration to have a stronger basis on exports.

Ideally your manufacturing should cater to all countries in the world. If Toyota could sell in the US and Africa, why not Bangladesh?

Local appliances have already started going to EU, Middle East, some countries in Africa.

Local demand has to be met first which is rather large with 170 Million populace.

Early days yet.

Don't mock the great Bangladesh.

One day we will see bangladesh hitting trillion dollar export and we will be lucky to work their illegally..

Everyone from mark zuckerberg to elon musk will be lucky to enter bangladesh market and earn from these rich lads.

joy bangla 🇧🇩
what ??? didnt you read they developed IOT for their products. Just imagine bangladesh-walton-IoT

what ??? didnt you read they developed IOT for their products. Just imagine bangladesh-walton-IoT
That will be a force to reckon with...

bye bye USA :wave::wave: welcome Bangladesh !🇧🇩🇧🇩
You can bet that BD will never agree to India's open border proposal between the 2 countries. :disagree:

We may agree one with Tripura as long as that is not a conduit for Indians from other states to enter BD.
How unlucky are we....

maybe i should move to tripura....

Are you joking or are you serious?

What Indian manufactured appliance has IoT features?

Walton top of the line smart appliances (and fridges) are already IoT enabled. All it takes is connecting the main board with a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module and an Android App on the smartphones.

By the way - latest Walton LED TV's can be controlled using Bangla voice commands. And they are IoT enabled as well.

I guess IoT is a big deal in India for bhakts.

Last edited:
Are you joking or are you serious?

What Indian manufactured appliance has IoT features.

Walton top of the line smart appliances (and fridges) are already IoT enabled. All it takes is connecting the main board with a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module and an Android App on the smartphones.

By the way - latest Walton LCD TV's can be controlled using Bangla voice commands. And they are IoT enabled as well.

I guess IoT is a big deal in India for bhakts.
oh yes yes.. super engineering work by walton engineers. BD engineering prowess is unmatched.

How unlucky are we....

maybe i should move to tripura....

India is begging for it and BD is not so keen on the idea. ;)

Ask Modi why he is so desperate for this EU-style system between India and BD like you have with Nepal already.

Lol.

"Despite the Corona epidemic, Bangladesh has achieved great success in exporting consumer electronics products. In the first nine months of the current financial year (July 20-March 21), the volume of electronics exports increased by almost eight and a half times over the same period of the previous year to $12.38 million."

I have bolded the figure to make everyone understand what we are talking about. By the way it is really $12.38 million not billion.

Yes, Bangladesh has conquered the consumer electronics market the world over. Lol.

For reference, India is no where near Bangladesh in this respect with only about 1000 times at $11.28 billion in exports.

Electronics exports from India can potentially rise from $11.28 billion in 2019-20 to $180 billion in 2025.

India's domestic production of electronics was valued at just $70 billion.

What a tiny market that is, compared to world beater Bangladesh.

12.38 million is such a huge number that it deserves a thread about Bangladesh prowess in manufacturing electronic goods. Lol.
Bangladesh can boast even $12 million exports because they started way after India and has a small local market to begin with. India can boast big numbers owning to established industrial background and a big local market.

Their GDP data is incorrect?

oh yes yes.. super engineering work by walton engineers. BD engineering prowess is unmatched.

Be all sarcastic as your heart desires.

Bangladesh consumer demands and spending patterns are superior to those in India, even two/three decades after Indian market opened up to the products the world market is used to. If they have money - Bangladeshis will always buy 65" TVs and 600+ litre fridges as a matter of routine - unlike Kanjoosi Indian market.

It is higher local consumer spending that drives innovation in a market.

In the case of India, they are always looking for cheapest product (and invariably - lowest quality).

Look at the $hit reviews of Indian made (assembled from Chinese parts) cellphones all over YT, for starters (to say nothing of complaints for Indian made washing machines, refrigerators and TV's). By Indian consumers themselves.

"Make in India" and PLI incentives propaganda notwithstanding.

Another fast one pulled by dhokeybaaj Indian Banyas to dupe gullible bhakt populace in India.

Lowest Common Denominator (লঘিতঃ সাধারণ গুণিতক) products do not contribute to product innovation (such as IoT integration) by leading companies.
Bangladesh can boast even $12 million exports because they started way after India and has a small local market to begin with. India can boast big numbers owning to established industrial background and a big local market.

Their GDP data is incorrect?

Bhai don't bother. Pata nahi yeh aadmi kiun jal raha hai ....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom