Beware of Paid Chinese Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakan

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Background: Yesterday I received a warning from a chinese moderator and had my posts deleted after I said that if the chinese wanted to save lives they should get rid of their own communist government that has killed 45 million people. This is after several chinese members said that Muslim Uyghurs should be exterminated. The funny thing is that my posts were deleted even if they were related to the thread. I also stated that chinese members on this forum were being paid to spread the party line. I provided sources for all of my claims. I also evidence of a chinese member supporting authoritarianism which according to the article below is what these trolls are paid to do.

Monthly Salaries:
It is unclear when the Chinese regime started using commentators systematically, but the earliest known record can be traced to 2004 when the Changsha municipal government built a web commentator team, according to an official report. The commentators were required to not only post opinions and news with a spin, but contact public websites to delete “harmful” posts in order to maintain the regime’s positive image, the report said. Each commentator received a 600 yuan (about US$100) monthly base salary. The report was later removed from the official website, but not before it was widely circulated by netizens.

‘Positive Publicity’ Construction:
It is not clear how many Internet bloggers the Chinese regime has hired, though some estimates run into the hundreds of thousands.
During a Politburo meeting on Jan. 23, 2007, Chinese leader Hu Jintao demanded the “reinforcement of the ideological and public opinion front and the construction of positive publicity” (also translated as “propaganda”).
Soon the Communist Party’s Central Committee and General Office of the State Council required all large Chinese websites and local governments to select “comrades of good political quality” and form teams of Internet commentators.

The size of these teams varies greatly by region. Early on, such teams were reported to consist of 10-30 people. But in June 2009 Beijing announced plans to recruit 10,000 Internet monitors, and announced that other cities would soon follow its example.
This announcement was apparently in response to a March 2009 Chinese Communist Party (CCP) document, which urged local governments to “strengthen Internet control” and “expand Internet law enforcement” forces.
An internal document issued in May 2009 warned local governments that, “the Internet could drastically change the public’s opinion of the Party and the government.”
In January 2010 Gansu Province, a relatively small and remote region, announced plans to establish a 650 person Internet blogger team.
Well-known Chinese blogger Han Han made fun of the Gansu authorities’ announcement of their secret force. The news was quickly removed from the official site, but was widely circulated by netizens.

Techniques:

A number of internal training material and guidelines for Internet commentators have been published in recent years.
Though it is difficult to prove their authenticity, these materials seem to accurately summarize key principles and tactics often employed by Internet users identified as pro-regime commentators.

New fifty-cent blogger recruits are told in the training manuals to “thoroughly understand” instructions from the leaders and faithfully execute orders; to stay immune to dissident thoughts and remain unswervingly loyal to the Party.

New fifty-cent blogger recruits are told in the training manuals to “thoroughly understand” instructions from the leaders and faithfully execute orders.

“Cherish your own political future,” one document said.

Students are also asked to “use various skills to hide [their] identity and pretend to be an ordinary netizen,” one document says. They are to “expand [their] online influence through networking with other netizens, especially influential bloggers.”

Common techniques listed in the training materials include “inspiring hostility and fear” for democratic countries, labeling dissidents as traitors, creating debates or controversy of trivial matters to distract attention from politically-significant topics, and encouraging nationalism.

There are also major projects or themes, for which talking points are developed. One document listed techniques on how to attack democracy, for example. It included arguments like: “Democracy is the Western world’s weapon to invade China,” “there is no real democracy,” “democracy leads to turmoil and chaos,” and “democratic countries also have corruption and crime.” All these arguments closely shadow official Party propaganda.

China pays internet users to flood web forums with pro-government propaganda | News.com.au

How China’s ‘Fifty-Cent Army’ Manipulates Online Opinion | Society | China | Epoch Times

"Common techniques listed in the training materials include “inspiring hostility and fear” for democratic countries, labeling dissidents as traitors, creating debates or controversy of trivial matters to distract attention from politically-significant topics, and encouraging nationalism."
How China’s ‘Fifty-Cent Army’ Manipulates Online Opinion | Society | China | Epoch Times

1393857286267.jpg

Epoch Times, the Falun Gong funded newspaper. :lol:

Anyway, those paid commentators are paid to influence domestic opinions on domestic Chinese policies. I.e. In the Chinese-language parts of the internet.

Why would they care about an English-language forum like this, which has very few Chinese members, and most of those Chinese members live overseas?

How will that have any effect on domestic support for domestic Chinese policies?

Anyone with the ability to think logically would see that doesn't make sense.

Anyway, those paid commentators are paid to influence domestic opinions on domestic Chinese policies. I.e. In the Chinese-language parts of the internet.

Why would they care about an English-language forum like this, which has very few Chinese members, and most of those Chinese members live overseas?

How will that have any effect on domestic support for domestic Chinese policies?

They influence international opinion so that people have a favorable view of china. As far as I know this forum is not blocked in china because you are using it meaning that by paying people to be on the forum they are still effecting domestic users such as yourself. Anyone with the ability to think logically would see that doesn't make sense.:crazy:

Are you saying that Chinese posters are paid to post messages encouraging extermination of other ethnic groups? On a Pakistani forum? Seems unlikely. I don't know of any country that has this kind of agenda.

Are you saying that Chinese posters are paid to post messages encouraging extermination of other ethnic groups? On a Pakistani forum? Seems unlikely. I don't know of any country that has this kind of agenda.
I didn't say all but I caught one so far.

Global Image construction is vital as well .

no.......not encouraging extermination

but there is a group called chinese 50 cent army......who work on online forums
could be a rumor also

Is there a Chinese mod here?

And Israeli/Jewish paid members are even worse. The Chinese here sound like average people who have decent arguments in some cases and don't use propaganda/doublespeak. Now, go see my threads and see how the pro Israel people's respond to them even some Arabs/turkish go off on me. Only paid members are those pro Israel ones because their style of language is intended to distort the Palestinian image and identity. :P

:whistle:I hope they can pay me:coffee:

They influence international opinion so that people have a favorable view of china. As far as I know this forum is not blocked in china because you are using it meaning that by paying people to be on the forum they are still effecting domestic users such as yourself. Anyone with the ability to think logically would see that doesn't make sense.:crazy:

Use your brain.

You say they are trolling and calling for extermination of Uyghurs.

Then you say they are paid to make China look good overseas.

Don't you see the obvious contradiction? How does trolling and calling for extermination make China look better overseas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom