What's new

Best Writer's Contest | 2020

Slav Defence

THINK TANK VICE CHAIRMAN: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
MV5BYmU0YmNiZmMtNDY4NS00MTg2LWJmYWYtZTY5YjUzZjFiMzYyL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTc4MzI2NQ@@._V1_.jpg

I would like to make an announcement for Best Writer's Contest 2020. The posters are invited to bring write-ups for following categories:
Topics:
  • Defence & Politics
  • Social issues
  • Military gear & Equipment
  • AI & Surveillance
  • International Laws and treaties: How countries are bounded.
  • World Organizations and their role
  • Conflict of interest
  • Allies and foes of world military
  • Facts & myth of secret society.
  • Cyber crime and control
  • Islamic banking and benefit to the world.
  • WIKI leaks and future
  • World War III: OP
  • Americas and the World
  • Pakistan and ongoing challenges
  • Poverty and global program
  • Neighbor and regional politics (Applies to any region and any country can write about it.)
  • Operations carried out by different countries i.e. Ops Neptune Spear etc
  • Others| You can also write on other topics of interest but remember that you are submitting your write up officially for Pakistan Defence Website.
  • Special Sections| Science and Technology
Analysis Requirement:
  • The article should not exceed more than 2 pages.
  • References should be taken from reputable journals and resources.
  • Citations should be properly put.
  • The write up should be one's original work.
  • Plagiarism is not allowed. The person will be disqualified.
  • Appropriate use of punctuation, grammar and sentences.
  • Word limit should not exceed more than 1000.

Requirements-Analysis-Featured.jpeg

Categories:
  • Following categories are invited:
  1. Satire | It is not essential that one should make a very serious post. One can also write a post on lighter note.However, the post quality should be high.
  2. Research | The post can be based upon findings of other people but ref is mandatory.
  3. Fiction| One can represent their visions as fictional stories i.e. Future of tech and mankind.
  4. Survey | A post based on facts will be also liked. However, make sure that tone has to be neutral.
  5. Opinion| We would love to hear your opinions about ongoing issues.
  6. Comedy | A post defining world dog fight in gibberish, clumsy tone is also welcomed. However, careful with sentence structure and punctuation. Abusive language is not allowed.
How to write:
  • Write down the heading of your topic first.
  • Write down your real name or alias.
  • Write down the category of your write up i.e. satire or research based.
  • Write the introductory content of your story and then continue your writing.
  • You can add pictures, videos, diagrams in between the write up as per requirement of your project.
  • At the end of your post, do not forget to tag me i.e. @Slav Defence or @webaster or @Horus or @WAJsal or @Irfan Baloch or any other mod. Try to tag as much mods as possible.
Submission:
  • You can post your write up anywhere in the forum section you like.
  • Again, tag the mods.
  • Also, throw an email at quartz@defence.pk with your real name and id.
  • Do not submit your post in member's club section.
Reward:
  • The winner shall be inducted in the management.
  • The write up will be published in our FB official page as well as website.
Eligibility criteria:
  • Habitual trolls are not allowed.
  • The poster can be old or new.
It doesn't matter what number of posts are, the post should be however of good quality made till now, have received either likes or positive ratings or both.

• Deadline is April 1st, 2020 and can be extended upon the request if submitted by active and new contributors of the forum.
Update I:
The date of closure is extended till April 20th, 2020

Update II:
The date of closure is extended till April 26th, 2020

Update III:
The entries are all accepted and will now be officially featured on Facebook and Defence.pk main page till we announce the final result. We will no longer accept write-ups for BWC contest. However, members are still welcomed to work on write-ups if they wish to get their work published through our channel.

closed.jpg

Update IV:
All the write-ups have been moved to Submit an article section so that we can proof read them for official feature. Please, this will be taking a while, so be patient.
Once articles will be reviewed by our editorial teams then we will shift it to PDF magazine thread and to be setting it as official feature.
Update V:

Results with held due to some important changes until further notice.

Regards,
Slav Defence
Think Tank Vice Chairman
Pakistan Defence Forum​

Last edited:
I left this thing long back....No hard work rewarded.....:angry:

@Slav Defence thank you so much for highly needed & one of the top most interesting initiative on PDF. actually reminds me of those old days.

PDFers! lets go for it guys. This is the exercise/competition that help us to show our interest, skills & dedication. This is how I started to participate more with quality because such exercise will let us all learn a lot. Tag everyone and lets rock.

@Slav Defence thank you so much for highly needed & one of the top most interesting initiative on PDF. actually reminds me of those old days.

PDFers! lets go for it guys. This is the exercise/competition that help us to show our interest, skills & dedication. This is how I started to participate more with quality because such exercise will let us all learn a lot. Tag everyone and lets rock.
Exactly, This is not just for forum.It is your opportunity to improve your writing skills and be able to speak and work confidently in real life. I have seen in my real life many times, old and eligible as well as well educated people who are hesitant to do small things in their office. You have PC, LAPTOP or mobile.Do not waste it for FB only. You can groom yourself alot by merely learning things from people, your actions and surroundings :)
regard

Exactly, This is not just for forum.It is your opportunity to improve your writing skills and be able to speak and work confidently in real life. I have seen in my real life many times, old and eligible as well as well educated people who are hesitant to do small things in their office. You have PC, LAPTOP or mobile.Do not waste it for FB only. You can groom yourself alot by merely learning things from people, your actions and surroundings :)
regard

Personally speaking that such exercise really helped me to gain more of few things for my own grooming. I must say that no one should be feeling disowned or regardless of no appreciation; it still help to learn a lot from other members who does it on serious note. Every participant in-fact make me/everyone to learn one or two things.... its a fun reading & learning to groom more & more. No doubt about the ethics, etiquette & knowledge based discussion. It is like once you in an environment, by-default it influence our way of thinking & practice. Actually, this will boost further and a lot. I believe that every little detail has an importance and value and must not be ignored at all hence, the competition itself is like an open/free/fun fare style learning, knowledge, discussion and building skills.

Thank you to give it a go despite of time constraints/personal engagements & busy life.

@cabatli_53 @AgNoStiC MuSliM @fatman17 @araz @Rashid Mahmood @Arsalan @Deino @Socra

Is an a

Is an alternate ending to Game of Thrones allowed or alternate history? when is the deadline?

The deadline is purely based upon people's participation.If we have greater number of participants, then date will will be extended from April 1st till April 20th, 2020.

I left this thing long back....No hard work rewarded.....:angry:
Your post quality did not matched our defined standards.

The deadline is purely based upon people's participation.If we have greater number of participants, then date will will be extended from April 1st till April 20th, 2020.

Your post quality did not matched our defined standards.

what does two pages mean...2,000-2,500 words? I will have to think which topic to choose or whether it will be a refinement of an existing topic of which I have already made an original post

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom