What's new

Best writer contest 2014

Oh Sir, and i was all excited...lol..! :p:
You should be more! You are gonna judge five fantastic write ups,Inshallah:D
It will be equally fun for both writers,readers and jury:D
We have jury consisting of 6 members now,wonderful!

@TankMan and @levina

We have just extended duration if FIVE MORE DAYS not months.

Competation shall begin at 27 the December 2014
Last submission date :20 January ,2015
8-)8-)8-)

look at the blunder you made
Slav Defence said:
I have,after discussion with board have decided to extend date till 20th December, 2015 as last date of submission. Where as the first day is 27th December,2014.

Now I 've a doubt...what if the winner doesnt want to be promoted to TTA post?? whats gonna be his reward?? lol

8-)8-)8-)

look at the blunder you made

Now I 've a doubt...what if the winner doesnt want to be promoted to TTA post?? whats gonna be his reward?? lol
Check out my earlier posts-it is not a blunder. Brining a writeup requires some research and thinking-I have observe that PDF members are equipped with it yet still they do not pay attention to it.It is much better that instead of blaming/appreciating everything and everyone they must follow same approach and become a part of PDF management-Seriously, you have no idea how different and wonderful experience is that specially when you can enjoy hidden conversations and strategies plus given authority to "rate"
PDF has recieved 3M likes and my own article has received 3000+ likes on Fb(I didn't knew that)
So we want to develop your approach for constructive purposes.
Experiencing for how to work on database will help you to enhance your research skills and thus your assignment work will become easy for you.Becoming a part of TTA will enhance your leadership skills and your office strategies will be improved. Not only that,your articles will be published on FB and they might be adopted by other agencies. Take Horus writeup for example;it was published in spearhead research foundation,xeric's work was published in tribune-you people think that your TTC's are armchair privates but it is wrong-title holders consists of both professionals and students.
Winner shall be immediatly promoted,his writeup will be published and most importantly public will be in no position to complain that ttas are not promoted on merit basis.
Regards

My old friend @Slav Defence, another brilliant idea from you. Keep it up.
I am still your friend and always be-just miss your articles a lot,bro:(

PDF has recieved 3M likes and my own article has received 3000+ likes on Fb(I didn't knew that)
And my one flame bait on pdf's FB page got the pdf post 10K likes. Lolzz

@Slav Defence
This is a good initiative:tup::tup:
This would reduce the tendency to troll among the members and ergo make pdf a better place.
And I agree completely to what you had to say that we (members) would do more research before posting. Trust me this holds so true in my case.Whenever I have picked up a debate (fight :P ) with other sane members here I had to research like hell before countering their points.
All the best for the competition and may the best write-up win the contest. :-)

Regards

And my one flame bait on pdf's FB page got the pdf post 10K likes. Lolzz

@Slav Defence
This is a good initiative:tup::tup:
This would reduce the tendency to troll among the members and ergo make pdf a better place.
And I agree completely to what you had to say that we (members) would do more research before posting. Trust me this holds so true in my case.Whenever I have picked up a debate (fight :P ) with other sane members here I had to research like hell before countering their points.
All the best for the competition and may the best write-up win the contest. :-)

Regards
Thank you levina:D
Do read them and express your comments :D

Thank you levina:D
Do read them and express your comments :D
let me tell you something....that you 're only THINK TANK here who posts smileys regularly...I'm guessing you must be smiling as well when you make those posts. Keep that smile on your face... always.
God bless!
"Pesudoniyum". I think I learned a new word today. :D
You grammar nazi...grrr!!

@levina

Yeah I know it, for professional writer it only needs 2 days for writing a good report. A reporter will only need less than a day to make an extensive report. We can see good writing of some members here as well too similar like wiki during tight debate like Al-Hasani writing about Arab history he he. But many of members here are not professional ones, they have other things to do, so we just want to encourage more participation by extending the time a little bit. Making it a bit more relax. If this success, it can continue every year, so PDF maybe can produce a good writer or Think Tank ( professional one ) each year, and I believe PDF should be a place where many good writers train their skills here. Being famous in here should not become the true desire though, but using it as a step stone to a more contribution in a real world is.

@levina

Yeah I know it, for professional writer it only needs 2 days for writing a good report. A reporter will only need less than a day to make an extensive report. We can see good writing of some members here as well too similar like wiki during tight debate like Al-Hasani writing about Arab history he he. But many of members here are not professional ones, they have other things to do, so we just want to encourage more participation by extending the time a little bit. Making it a bit more relax. If this success, it can continue every year, so PDF maybe can produce a good writer or Think Tank ( professional one ) each year, and I believe PDF should be a place where many good writers train their skills here. Being famous in here should not become the true desire though, but using it as a step stone to a more contribution in a real world is.
I'm sorry for that post (which i deleted later). It so happened that @Slav Defence had posted the date as 20th dec 2015 erroneously, which he later confirmed and said the date was extended by a month and not an year.
Glad to see such an initiative and the reward I'm sure 'll get many guys interested.
@al-Hasani - FYI
You should be on this thread taking up the challenge and so should @Ravi Nair and @LeveragedBuyout .

Check out my earlier posts-it is not a blunder. Brining a writeup requires some research and thinking-I have observe that PDF members are equipped with it yet still they do not pay attention to it.It is much better that instead of blaming/appreciating everything and everyone they must follow same approach and become a part of PDF management-Seriously, you have no idea how different and wonderful experience is that specially when you can enjoy hidden conversations and strategies plus given authority to "rate"
So we want to develop your approach for constructive purposes.
Experiencing for how to work on database will help you to enhance your research skills and thus your assignment work will become easy for you.Becoming a part of TTA will enhance your leadership skills and your office strategies will be improved. Not only that,your articles will be published on FB and they might be adopted by other agencies. Take Horus writeup for example;it was published in spearhead research foundation,xeric's work was published in tribune-you people think that your TTC's are armchair privates but it is wrong-title holders consists of both professionals and students.
Winner shall be immediatly promoted,his writeup will be published and most importantly public will be in no position to complain that ttas are not promoted on merit basis.
Regards

I am still your friend and always be-just miss your articles a lot,bro:(

Thanks. But since when the forum values my expertise :lol:. I'll only write to introduce the DZKK.

let me tell you something....that you 're only THINK TANK here who posts smileys regularly...I'm guessing you must be smiling as well when you make those posts. Keep that smile on your face... always.
God bless!

You grammar nazi...grrr!!
That is correct,I don't think so that smiling will make you look indecent ,but humble :)
Others smile too,when relaxed :D

Thanks. But since when the forum values my expertise :lol:. I'll only write to introduce the DZKK.
C'mon man. We love your write-ups.Just enjoy stuff man!

I'm sorry for that post (which i deleted later). It so happened that @Slav Defence had posted the date as 20th dec 2015 erroneously, which he later confirmed and said the date was extended by a month and not an year.
Glad to see such an initiative and the reward I'm sure 'll get many guys interested.
@al-Hasani - FYI
You should be on this thread taking up the challenge and so should @Ravi Nair and @LeveragedBuyout .

I appreciate the vote of confidence, @levina , but I am too busy these days to participate in a meaningful way. I do look forward to reading the articles produced, however.

There is a slight change in plan.Let us make this competition more interesting:
Section A
For participants which are non title holders.
Section B
For title holders

@RescueRanger @Nihonjin1051 @Luftwaffe @Security @Horus @WebMaster @Jungibaaz and others..
This amendment is made b/c many ttas have shown interest in taking part in competition.So those title holders which are not interested in becoming a part of jury but to take part themselves are also welcomed
Regards

Post No#1
Section B
Category: Opinion

Where to go from here?

Syed.Ali.Haider

(Original Submission to PDF)

signpost_3-253-1-jpg.180153

After the gut-wrenching horror of Peshawar, much has been said and written about how we found ourselves in this situation in the first place. Rather than looking at the past, this article intends to look at the future with an aim to proposing some feasible solutions to the security crisis facing Pakistan today. While some proposals may be painful or indeed regarded as being against collective wisdom, at least all of them should make for an engaging debate. The main thrust of the response should be on several fronts, not just the military one, with an aim to seizing the narrative across a wide domain. The military response has been swift and tactically effective, but to turn its gains into a more permanent state, much more needs to be done.

The Army has invested much blood and effort in creating the ideology under which it fights and motivates its personnel. The terrorists have managed to create a competing narrative specifically aimed at undermining this ideology due to the poor governance across wide swathes of the country. To leave it to the civil arena to resolve this issue is simply going to fail. Therefore, the Army must seize control of the way the masjids and madrassahs are financed from both within and without the country as a matter of national security. There need not be overt bans on what the mullahs can say, but tying it to their remuneration is a potent lever that will yield the desired results in short order. No money should be allowed to flow to any masjid or madrassah without being vetted and passed through a special cell created for this specific purpose. Anyone trying to bypass this system should be tried before a military court as an agent of the terrorists.

The second front that must be controlled is the several avenues of propaganda that the terrorists use to great effect. A specific task force must be assigned the seek and disrupt those who create and distribute the CDs, DVDs, posters and similar material for the terrorists. Anybody found to have participated in such material must be charged as an abettor of the terrorists, right down to truck drivers who may be found carrying such contraband in their cargo and right up the chain with confiscation of duplicating machines and computers and presses wherever indicated.

The third front should be specifically aimed at removing the equipment and support structures that the terrorists rely upon to infiltrate before their planned attacks. A task force with the specific authority to conduct searches for weaponry must be instituted to achieve this goal. Surprise raids with no warning must be carried out at all suspected sites without any regards to political or other sensitivities across the country, not just in KPK. Video recording of such raids must be made at the time to serve as proof as those responsible for their places are put up before military courts.

Once these three specific campaigns are in place and running, thought must the be given to the longer term strategies. These strategies must cover the following three areas: political, educational, and military.

For too long, political parties and factions have been able to create armed student wings that serve as the illegal forces serving their overall political agendas. These armed forces must be taken out without consideration to which political parties they belong. Direct intimation to the party leadership giving them a suitable period of time to disarm their armed wings at the highest levels must be followed through with action to confiscate this weaponry and personnel. Any political party found to still attempt persistence or creation of such wings must be eliminated from the political process forthwith.

Similarly, there has been a creeping religiosity that has been strangling all academic activities and laying the groundwork for manipulation of young minds later on. All curricula must be reviewed by the specific Board constituted for this purpose with an aim to removing such material and leaving behind a secular educational framework only. Only four subjects should be taught formally (English, Maths, Science, and Civics) up to the 12th grade level with no compulsory religious material. Religion can be introduced at the college level as an optional area of study.

Such trends have also been finding a footing with the armed forces themselves. While there are some indications that efforts to reverse this trend are being trying in the military training institutions, they must be invigorated as a matter of grave urgency, ranging from the small steps (for example, all officers must be clean shaven and groomed at all times) to the bigger ones (for example ensuring that all promotion criteria are dereligified).

For too long, Pakistan has relied on results of mixing religion with policy to try to serve its national interests. It should now be clear to the leadership that this approach has failed and their entire enterprise is in danger of collapsing under this historical mistake. It is time to reverse these trends and ensuring that Pakistan is put before all else, including religion, if the country and its institutions are to survive in this fast changing 21st century.

Surely, this will be not an easy task, but it must be done. Failure at this stage is not going to be an option. Whether the steps proposed above are implemented or not is up to the leadership to decide, but at least the recipe for survival should be clear to them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom