What's new

BEST SI-FI MOVIE

sherin616

Reaction score
Country
India
whats the best si-fi movie where technology in that movie came true in later time.
You can see tablet pc and robotic taxi in Total Recall can any one suggest any more technology like this

Terminator 2, US is making war Robots that can replace Soldiers.
But creating a Cyborg is still a long way to go.

I have seen many sci fi films.

My favourite sci fi film and favourite film of all time is this:

2001-a-space-odyssey-v04-silver-ferox-design-copy.jpg

Of the oldies I recommenced:

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
Soylent Green (1973)
Logan's Run (1976)
Planet of the Apes (1968)

Newer films:

Moon (2009)
Sunshine (2007)
Twelve Monkeys (1995)- not so new but newer than those 60's and 70's lot.

2001 is a masterpiece, even now it has not dated at all, and each frame is art. Amazing achievement from one of my favourite directors. Since we are on a defence site I recommend seeing Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket, and Paths of Glory, and Dr Strangelove - war movies of extraordinary insight and brings the full horror of war. Spartacus was probably his weakest war movie.

but his other films such as Clockwork Orange, The Shining, . Amazing movies in their own rights. This man was an auteur. His range of work is simply breathtaking.

The Russian sci-fi film Solaris is also worth looking at.
Surprisingly I liked the Terminator a lot too.
I liked Cloverfield for the unusual style of the shoot and the storyline, with it's bleak and almost 9/11 feel to the film.
However we must also mention Blade Runner, Alien, The Matrix, Star Wars.

Wow, when you think about it, we (as humans) produce some amazing stuff and a lot of the technology has come true especially the Internet and the combination of mobile and computing technologies that are connected to the net is simply boggling and it all works.

2001 is a masterpiece, even now it has not dated at all, and each frame is art. Amazing achievement from one of my favourite directors. Since we are on a defence site I recommend seeing Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket, and Paths of Glory, and Dr Strangelove - war movies of extraordinary insight and brings the full horror of war. Spartacus was probably his weakest war movie.

but his other films such as Clockwork Orange, The Shining, . Amazing movies in their own rights. This man was an auteur. His range of work is simply breathtaking.

Kubrick was a genius, an artist, my personal favourite director. If only he had lived long enough to complete his greatest project; Napoleon.

I iz lovez syfy movies...... :cheers:

Please don't stop... keep posting...... :pop:

Y'all niggaz crayyyy if you didnt mention The Fifth Element. It is a movie worth watching Blu Ray 1080P on a 72" LED tv. The quality of animation is spellbinding, mesmerizing, amazing and Milla Jovovich is HOOOOTTTT in the white tape dress.

The Hitchhikers Guide to Galaxy is beautiful. Moon is a beautiful masterpiece, Sam Rockwell is truly versatile. The last man on Mars is ok.

The others are too mainstream, so everyone knows about it. The latest is the Gravity, beautiful Sandra bullock looked SPEED young in it.

@Hyperion

The others are too mainstream, so everyone knows about it. The latest is the Gravity, beautiful Sandra bullock looked SPEED young in it.

I did not like gravity at all, I'm a seasoned sci fi veteran.
But the reason I didn't enjoy it could be down to the fact that it was hyped as hell, everyone hyped it, cinematography was brilliant, plot was lacking (if you've seen the trailer, there's half of the film's plot gone). And then worst part, Sandra Bullock barking and howling to herself.

I did not like gravity at all, I'm a seasoned sci fi veteran.
But the reason I didn't enjoy it could be down to the fact that it was hyped as hell, everyone hyped it, cinematography was brilliant, plot was lacking (if you've seen the trailer, there's half of the film's plot gone). And then worst part, Sandra Bullock barking and howling to herself.

But she was hot! You're just grumpy :argh:

Kidding aside she was good in it, acting was spot on. Yeah but there was nothing in the movie regarding the plot. Shit goes down in space is literally in the posters, trailers. It was about acting,, surprises, suspense. Thriller it was and I believe they pulled it off.

More:

Alien (1979)
Aliens (1986)
Inception (2010)
Blade Runner (1982)
E.T (1982)
Starship Troopers- Would you like to know more?? :sarcastic:

But she was hot! You're just grumpy :argh:

Kidding aside she was good in it, acting was spot on. Yeah but there was nothing in the movie regarding the plot. Shit goes down in space is literally in the posters, trailers. It was about acting,, surprises, suspense. Thriller it was and I believe they pulled it off.

Fair enough, each to his own I suppose.
I did like Sandra Bullock's acting, but the barking scene was a crime against humanity.

2001 had iPads
upload_2014-4-2_17-35-40.png

Edit:
Add in "Blade Runner"
Has photograph enhancers
Lie detectors not based on blood pressure, skin, respiration.
Replicants (not there yet)

Last edited:
Minority Report was pretty good. And one technology that was shown in the movie was the use of retinal-scanners in public places and shops. GAP introduced it in real life at a California store later on.

I think the OP asked about movies where the technology has actually "come to life".
I can suggest the writer HG Wells - had a remarkable insight into future technologies

just an example:

H.G. Wells didn't specifically envision the modern cell phone. But in the 1933 novel The Shape of Things to Come, he depicted a wireless wrist intercom that had many cell phone-like features.

from : 9 predictions that have/ have not come true from HG wells
H.G. WELLS: 9 Predictions That Have, And Haven't, Come True

On a purely "sci fi" point of view I rate the Matrix trilogy conceptually more powerful than most other sci fi flicks out there.

The Alien series (specially Prometheus) is pretty deep as well.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom