Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Indira Gandhi

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Narsimha Rao

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Atal Bihari Vajpayee

Votes: 18 52.9%

• Total voters
Indra--------The only Mard PM India has ever seen.............

nehru was faggot and this nehru dynasty have done massive harm to india.
same goes for indira,she applied emergency and promoted terror in punjab then failed to control it.
nehru institutionalized the corruption in india

Rest of Indians didn't feel so. After Nehru, Sharshti was PM.........So learn some history........ after Shastris sudden demise .....It was Gulsari Lal Nanda.........then only Indra Came........
If they won and Ruled India ............because people voted them .............so best of Luck next time

Regarding Corruption.......Iss Hamam me saab naagee hai.............

simple , ask the same question about other social issues like women rights, discrimination, public hygiene etc., some countries are doing better than other countries NOT because of structural reforms etc.,

corruption will end when people see it as a disgusting thing to do. Just like say defecating in the open. it's not that difficult to understand.

All the other social issues are aggravated by corruption.......
There is a +ve relation between corruption and social issues.....countries with high rate of corruption are also plagued with social issues more than countries will lower rates of corruption(this is proven fact)

Corruption is the mother of all problems......

For instance, take the example of public hygiene, open defecation etc......

Poor people, who cannot afford to make a toilet for themselves defecate/urinate openly....

Now under a certain govt. scheme.....govt. allocates fund for building public toilets and domestic toilets(for those under BPL).
Now, majority of the allocated fund dissapears.....public/domestic toilets are not adequately built.......
The problem of open defecation remains.........

Here the social problem is open defecation, which remains due to corruption......the disappearance of funds is a structural issue as people are forfeiting the funds using the loopholes in our system.....and the faulty system is unable hold them accountable......

Thus corruption IS a structural issue, which when checked can control all other non-structural(social) issues.....

AND so, corruption will only end by bringing structural reforms.......NOT by some kind of "mass enlightenment"......as you are suggesting.
This is why our politicians are afraid to bring a strong Lokpal bill, which could have addressed most of these structural issues....

because the list is of the best pm not the worst
That is your thinking .. and I respect your opinion.
But it does not mean whole of India follows your logic.

There are some people who like Pt. Nehru as our best PM .. and you should respect the opinion if you believe in democracy.

That is your thinking .. and I respect your opinion.
But it does not mean whole of India follows your logic.

There are some people who like Pt. Nehru as our best PM .. and you should respect the opinion if you believe in democracy.
Nehru the best PM? geez you got to be kidding me man, he was the main reason that we lost our cool with CHINA and made them loose thier COOL and initiated an unnecessary war.
Had it been Sardar Valabai Patail as the first PM we would be presently one of the largest economy giving healthy competion to CHINA at the same time would have maintained good relations with it.

Nehru the best PM? geez you got to be kidding me man, he was the main reason that we lost our cool with CHINA and made them loose thier COOL and initiated an unnecessary war.
Had it been Sardar Valabai Patail as the first PM we would be presently one of the largest economy giving healthy competion to CHINA at the same time would have maintained good relations with it.

But again he was the man who created heavy infrastructure in India and had made democracy our lifestyle. So it's not all white or black. He is the man we should respect even with his flaws.1962 defeat was big blot on his career though.

^^ Name this thread as ... I support BJP .. that's conclude it's objective.

I am not a supporter of BJP........read my post #26 carefully
BJP has their own fair share of corrupt leaders......and I don't like their extremist attitude either

No body knows what would have happen if Sardar was PM. ( Ghalib yun hota to kaisa hota !)

Please learn Prime Minister has not only job of arranging Wars. There are others things to do.

Social Issues and Corruption have Positive correlation? corruption is a social issue. Not two different issues.

Education(real education) and social issues have Positive correlation.

Educating the masses needs political will at the state level, which may get affected by corruption but still can go on with lesser efficiency. (i.e., desired outcome vs money and resources spent.) This is what is our strategy to counter Social issues.

Education(hindered by corruption which is indeed a social issue) Vs Social Issues(which includes corruption along with what i spoke of earlier)

Now 1 has to win, for which money has to be spent at state level with a certain efficiency (counting in possible corruption)

you are being naive about Disappearance of funds. In Andhra Pradesh, about 12 years ago, they tried to solve this issue of 'loo' in rural areas by setting up targets for local officials and money allocation.

The officials were strictly warned and monitored for corruption which resulted in the straight flow of money and materials to the citizens(benfiecieris). now these people used the money and granted material for building rooms and all other infra but not the Toilets which is the purpose of the project. And the same "evil" continued as usual.
Now had these people realized the issue, they wouldn't have resorted to what they did against government directives.

funds did not disappear here, but were used by the uneducated citizens who had different priority compared to govt. Does punishing them or officials solve the actual issue?

All you need is Educating masses in rural areas. Not just the one at school but education through media of all kinds. People are planning these things while some of us resort to cynical bitching claiming to have one solution for all ills.
You are contradicting yourself here buddy.....

Just tell me.....what are you suggesting.......social issues affecting structural issues OR structural issues affecting social issues OR they do not have any relation OR social issues affecting social issues.......what??

On one hand, you are saying, mass education needs political will.
Then you are saying, mass education is hindered by corruption.....

Fine.....but do you realize that the govt. makes enough plans and projects for educating the poor masses(so the political will theory cannot be applied here)
BUT, the funds allocated for such plans and projects are misused/forfeited.....
I can give you sources for, funds allocated for "mid day meals" in govt. primary schools are being forfeited and such low quality,rotten rice are bought with the left over fund that the students were unable to eat them......
So you think this misuse of funds is a purely social problem.....this can only be stopped when people will get some kind of "enlightenment"....and thus implementing strict rules and regulations here is unnecessary.

state clearly, what kind of issue(social/structural) do you think illiteracy(lack of education) is??

Regarding your govt.'s scheme of giving money to the poor to build their own toilets....is hilarious.

Aren't you expecting too much from the poor uneducated masses??

You are expecting that the people who are working like hell just to survive, who can barely make ends meet....will spend the money for building toilets........

I think the govt. knew this very well and that's why they chose to give them money instead of building the toilets themselves......
First of all, by this way, they can easily forfeit majority of the funds....since money is not tangible.....whether they are giving it to someone or not cannot be determined........
Secondly, the failure of the project will also not lie on their shoulders as they can now blame the poor people for not building their own toilets.......

Back
Top Bottom