What's new

Best Hand Gun

colt python. the one with the 6inch barrel. silver with brown wooden handle.

It looks awesome, has anyone ever fired one! It would be interesting to know.

I would say this is another incorrect question. For different situations (civil, army, spec-ops, police) there is different "best" handgun.

Lack of research once again my friend. Desert eagle is not the standard issue for the U.S army.

The US Armed Forces carry different pistols;

The most common issued Side-arm in the U.S military is the M9 (beretta).
Military aircrews, pilots, criminal investigations/MI may use the SIGarms M-11/P-228 9mm pistol. Some spec ops units still use the 1911a1 .45acp. The US Special Operations Command also issues the HK model 23 .45acp pistol. SOCOM also started using a smaller HK .45acp pistol for limited use. US Navy SEALs use the SIGarms P-226 9mm and other handguns for some SEAL teams/missions.

yes you are right.!the m9 beretta.!most abondently used side arm in us army.besides i think,its also very common and widely used side arm in alot of countries.and personly,my favorite too.:smitten:

I never liked anything better than the H&K USP .45. It has an incredible handling and marvellous accuracy.

Tho I never used glock, but I heard it's the choice of the professionals. They say it never goes bad on you and ofcourse, doesn't have a **** either. One of my buddy (in military) has it. He paid 350,000 Rs. for it tho in Islamabad. So waiting for the day to try it.

Nevertheless, Beretta's 90 Two is amazing as well. Never used that one either, but one can certainly make love with that thing -

994b0ece7d5de0ec379ba55767ecfb10.jpg

i can jst feel that thing in my hand.the 90-two beretta.so attractive,so smooth.!n im pretty sure its very comfortable too.:guns:

ha ha ha ha u mean all US Army solders are gangsters in Iraq and Afg.

ur choice is also good.

regards:wave:

THe US army does not use desert eagle..50 cal handguns are insane and does not have any advantage over regular handguns in combat.Although .50 cal rounds are really good at stopping advancing vehicles as they have enough power to go through the hood and stop the engine.So the US army is considering .50 Beowulf(AR15 that can shoot .50 cal rounds) to be used at check-points.

If some likes magnum power just buy a .406 magnum revolver....it can fire .45 colts too..so you can switch rounds whenever you want.

SIG P226...

Absolutely, besides the 1911 variants out there, this is federal gun. I shot it and it's German frame is very reliable.

It's the replacement to the 1911. Other notables include:

HK USP
Glock
FNH

The 'best' handgun is a 'wheel gun' or a revolver. The design is the most reliable, easiest to maintain and least problematic in use. The only advantage a semi have over a revolver is load, nothing else. For home defense with a handgun, nothing beat a standard S&W 38. In that environment, if you cannot take down your target with 6 rounds, you will not have sufficient time to fire the 7th if you have a semi.

Spot on.... I learnt to shoot using a .32 Colt Police Positive Special, nothing compares to the feeling of learning point shooting drills with a revolver. :)

Sphinx 300 -

sphinx_3000t.jpg

Being an EU design, insanely expensive - but legendarily reliable, not a lot of complicated parts, and robust as hell. Incredible accuracy. Favoured by speed shooters and other champion sportsmen, also SWAT teams and Malaysian commandos.

As for other handguns, personally I like Berettas and Hi-Powers. The worst one I've ever seen handled was the Spanish Star, former service pistol in the SADF. After a day of shooting they would literally come apart in your hands.

my choice is CZ75/85 and Vektor 9mm. Just perfect balance and solid reliability

THe US army does not use desert eagle..50 cal handguns are insane and does not have any advantage over regular handguns in combat.Although .50 cal rounds are really good at stopping advancing vehicles as they have enough power to go through the hood and stop the engine.So the US army is considering .50 Beowulf(AR15 that can shoot .50 cal rounds) to be used at check-points.

Where did you get nugget of information from?

1) Even if you shoot out the engine block the vehicle (VBIED) isn't going to stop dead in tracks.

2) Soldiers at check point are trained to shoot the driver and tires out.

Where did you get nugget of information from?

1) Even if you shoot out the engine block the vehicle (VBIED) isn't going to stop dead in tracks.

2) Soldiers at check point are trained to shoot the driver and tires out.

From the 5min mark...they stop a car!If they act quick enough they don't need to stop it dead on tracks.

From the 5min mark...they stop a car!If they act quick enough they don't need to stop it dead on tracks.

Right, so US Army is considering 0.50 Beowulf to be used at traffic check points based on a Discovery channel reenactment?

Back
Top Bottom