What's new

Best Hand Gun

No such thing as "the best handgun". A Beretta might fit in your hand and shoot well but the person next to you might not even be able to pick it up let alone shoot it, thus the term "horses for courses". If you intend to keep a handgun but don't want to deal with cleaning it every time you shoot it or all the safeties on handguns confuse you, then the revolver is for you; the downside is less firepower, only 5 to 6 rounds and slower reloads. In my opinion a Glock is a fine gun since you can carry it with a round in the chamber without having to worry about safeties when the need to shoot arrives (It must also be noted that while wearing Shalwar Kameez, it is very difficult to present your gun in a quick and efficient manner. In such a case, you would not want to be fumbling with safeties). Lastly, if there was one type of gun that I would bet my life on, it would be a 1911 .45 ACP. Made by reputable companies such as Les Baer and Wilson Combat, it can be considred the Kalashnikov of semi-auto handguns.

Then again, people will call me the typical American who loves his .45s!

Here is my take on the handguns. I do not like revolvers and find them sissy!

If I am a soldier in a theater of battle or war, I would like to have the Beretta 92FS or may be even the Glock 19 or FN Browning which are all 9mm pistols!

If I am in law enforcement or CQB, I would like to have the Sig Sauer P228 or P226. Period!

If I am in a secret agency or intelligence set-up, I can make do with the smallest of guns whatever the make but in 9mm or .32

I have fired the Israeli Desert Eagle (my cousin has it) the damn thing is TOO big and heavy to deploy! Though it looks nice in movies but practically its sucks big time!

Firstly, there is no such thing as a "sissy" gun. All guns have the capabilities of taking a life or for that matter saving one. As far as revolvers are concerned, there can be nothing easier to use or handle in a situation of life or death. However, I do understand that dislike of revolvers is entirely your opinion and I respect that. You'd also mentioned carrying a .32? What would you do with a .32 besides scaring somebody? The .32 round is not sufficient when it comes to stopping someone in his/her tracks; certainly you can kill a man with a .32 bullet as any bullet could but not before he takes you with him. Hopefully you don't take offense as I'm only trying to clear things up.

Then again, people will call me the typical American who loves his .45s!

45 has stopping power, i will give you that much. But add a few Hydrashock Hollowpoints to my rather puny 9mm and i can bet you top $ i dont need to double tap. :D

As an experienced shooter, I would say the one user shoots the best with. Some calibers are better than others no doubt. However if someone can not manage the recoil produced by a larger caliber, they should use something they can manage without flinching; which can cost you your life in some situations. The same applys to rifles.

I have used the following:

1). CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow

2). CZ 75 SA (Competition Pistol)

3). Beretta Px4 Storm

4). Glock 17
d41b1e5b08d08fd0dabeadc62af06d95.gif

5). CZ-75B
7f6c0da841239c1c40f67d779bc76eb7.jpg

CZ 75 Shadow is good but a bit heavier than the rest. Also, its recoil is much more than the rest.

Glock 17 is very light :). My hands could not get used to Glock as my fingers are short. I was having major issues of flinching using it

But the best blend for me was Beretta Px4 Storm

My Favourite:
:guns:

Last edited:
I want to know, if Beretta Px4 Storm is available in Pakistan. The original one, not the replica.

Also, does anyone else have any experience with Beretta Px4 Storm ?

Here is a review i found on youtube on Beretta Px4 Storm

Last edited by a moderator:
Its always the MAN behind the GUN. The hardest weapon to shoot is a semi-auto DA pistol. One needs a lot of practice with a handgun to shoot accurately. And I am talking about a couple of thousand rounds

I want to know, if Beretta Px4 Storm is available in Pakistan. The original one, not the replica.

Also, does anyone else have any experience with Beretta Px4 Storm ?

Here is a review i found on youtube on Beretta Px4 Storm

I was selling my PX4 Storm Compact for Rs 475K a few weeks back but gave up on the idea.
It remained with DAAD in Karachi for quite some time

My preference would be as follows:

1. Glock 19
2. HK CT.45
3. Sig P2022 or Sig 250c

The 'best' handgun is a 'wheel gun' or a revolver. The design is the most reliable, easiest to maintain and least problematic in use. The only advantage a semi have over a revolver is load, nothing else. For home defense with a handgun, nothing beat a standard S&W 38. In that environment, if you cannot take down your target with 6 rounds, you will not have sufficient time to fire the 7th if you have a semi.

^ totaly agree nothing beats firing a fine revolver and s&m .38 in silver is just to much !! tho i will still have ma browning high power in the car for bashing some1 in the head or just for shear reliability and roughness .

I have MP-5. it gives good performance. secondly i have also a Dra made 30 bore pistol. MP-5 n pistol can use same rounds. Anyhow MP-5 has long range than pistol. I have great advantage that i use one license for both.

^ u mean u have a NP license because other wise unless the mp5 is dara made 30. bore one i dont see how you can use both on one license ??? orignal mp5 is .40 aka 9mm..!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom